Just got MCAT scores...chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthouser195

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my mcat score 508 (125 psych, 126 cars, 128 c/p, 129 bio). I'm a texas resident. What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't retake, but I wouldn't apply either in Texas unless I got everything in order. Applications opened four months ago in Texas.

I wouldn't retake, but I wouldn't apply either in Texas unless I got everything in order. Applications opened four months ago in Texas.
where do you think I have chances of applying? i've submitted my amcas, but only a couple days ago so I'm not verified still.

Members don't see this ad :)
where do you think I have chances of applying? i've submitted my amcas, but only a couple days ago so I'm not verified still.

Apply everywhere with TMDSAS, it's one fee. Then there are a few more secondary fees with certain schools like A&M. I can't remember them off the top of my head now.

Apply to all TX schools, and any DO school.

Forget about MD schools outside of TX; they know you're staying in TX.

I received my mcat score 508 (125 psych, 126 cars, 128 c/p, 129 bio). I have a 3.7 cgpa, and 3.67 sgpa. I don't know if I should retake and wait until next cycle or take my chances applying this cycle. I'm a texas resident. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
you think i should apply to texas schools now? i was looking at private schools on amcas because i dont have any chances with out of state md schools.

What is your GPA and what do you ECs look like? School don't accept based only on MCAT.

It's likely too late for Texas schools so if you really want to be here then you will most likely need to apply next year.

Edit: Not sure why you edited out you GPA but anyway. I would apply next year.

I have a 3.7 cgpa, and 3.67sgpa. and over 200 clinical shadowing hours, 300 non-clinical volunteering, 75 clinical volunteering, and I was a TA for biology.

Apply to Texas MD and all DO schools you want.... I wouldnt waste the money applying OOS for MD

Reactions: 1 user