just one interview so far...what's everyone else's take/experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChannelingLarryDavid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a love/hate relationship with this website. On one hand, it's very helpful to hear feedback from others going through the same application process. On the other, it does so much to stress me out. I have a LizzyM of 74 but only have one interview from my state school. I submitted most of my apps mid July to early August, and based on the conversation threads here, it seems like most schools have already reviewed the apps submitted during that interval. Is it cause for concern that I haven't heard anything?

It's just frustrating because I applied once three years ago. I was a lot less qualified then and I did everything I could in the subsequent three years to improve my candidacy but I have nothing to show for it (yet).

Stress rant over.

Peace

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I have a love/hate relationship with this website. On one hand, it's very helpful to hear feedback from others going through the same application process. On the other, it does so much to stress me out. I have a LizzyM of 74 but only have one interview from my state school. I submitted most of my apps mid July to early August, and based on the conversation threads here, it seems like most schools have already reviewed the apps submitted during that interval. Is it cause for concern that I haven't heard anything?

It's just frustrating because I applied once three years ago. I was a lot less qualified then and I did everything I could in the subsequent three years to improve my candidacy but I have nothing to show for it (yet).

Stress rant over.

Peace

Two things:
1) Wrong forum
2) Timeline for this process is a lot more spread out than 1 would initially expect. A handful of highly qualified candidates might have had a few interviews already... but for the most part this is really a year long process. One of my classmates was complete by July, heard nothing until February, interviewed in March and was wait listed in May and admitted in June... It's not fun, but it's just the way things are right now. Best of luck, my friend!