just received my MCAT score, now where do i apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cs2128

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT=32
GPA thus far (79 credits)= 3.29
Where should i apply for fall 2015? What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

You really could not be more vague with this question. EC's, are you a junior (only 79 credits), non-traditional, military history? You're giving us nothing to work with.

However, if you have typical EC's, then I'd suggest applying early and broadly to all DO schools, and depending on your final GPA trend, state of residence, and ethnicity- instate MD schools (except if you live in CA). This being said, I would focus more on DO if you end up graduating with a 3.29, as this is not competitive for MD schools, and barely competitive for DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
No need to apply to all DO. As of now Touro CA would love to take you just on mcat alone. I suggest 8 DO applications and you'll probably get 1/2 as interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
You really could not be more vague with this question. EC's, are you a junior (only 79 credits), non-traditional, military history? You're giving us nothing to work with.

However, if you have typical EC's, then I'd suggest applying early and broadly to all DO schools, and depending on your final GPA trend, state of residence, and ethnicity- instate MD schools (except if you live in CA). This being said, I would focus more on DO if you end up graduating with a 3.29, as this is not competitive for MD schools, and barely competitive for DO schools.

500+ hours of shadowing with three different physicians
volunteer work: cleaning up the highways, serving food to patients in the hospital etc..
president of physics club
chemistry club
soccer, football, and basketball
gay-straight alliance

500+ hours of shadowing with three different physicians
volunteer work: cleaning up the highways, serving food to patients in the hospital etc..
president of physics club
chemistry club
soccer, football, and basketball
gay-straight alliance
State?

No need to apply to all DO. As of now Touro CA would love to take you just on mcat alone. I suggest 8 DO applications and you'll probably get 1/2 as interviews.
im more interested in obtaining an MD degree, am i competitive for st.georges university?

im more interested in obtaining an MD degree, am i competitive for st.georges university?
Yes, you are, but if you believe that having a Caribbean degree is superior than a DO degree, you are mistaken. There are countless threads going into detail on how the Caribbean has deceptive practices to make it seem like they are reputable schools. They are not. They have high attrition rates. 50% don't make it to clinical rotations, and of the ones remaining, only half get a residency. Do you want a 1 in 4 chances of having a job at the end of your education or get a DO degree in the united states and have about a 95% chance to get a residency?

Yes, you are, but if you believe that having a Caribbean degree is superior than a DO degree, you are mistaken. There are countless threads going into detail on how the Caribbean has deceptive practices to make it seem like they are reputable schools. They are not. They have high attrition rates. 50% don't make it to clinical rotations, and of the ones remaining, only half get a residency. Do you want a 1 in 4 chances of having a job at the end of your education or get a DO degree in the united states and have about a 95% chance to get a residency?
i wasn't aware of that.