Just to make sure I'm not missing anything...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school?

• KCU

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • OSU

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • AZCOM

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Buck Winters

You've got a mountain for a face.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The deadline for paying my deposit to keep my seat is approaching, and I just want to throw this out there to make sure I can consider all important factors when I make my decision.

KCU vs. OSU vs. AZCOM

I thought KCU from the start of the cycle, and I am still leaning that way.

KCU
tuition ~45k
driving distance to family (mine and wife's)
low cost of living
iirc best scores/placement of the three
curriculum is intense, highly structured - students mention being in class until 5ish then studying all night, every day *

OSU
tuition ~45k
driving distance to family (mine and wife's)
low cost of living
great teaching hospital associated with campus with residency spots
ALL alumni that I know (~10) have loved their experience there
hate the color orange

AZCOM
tuition ~62k
great climate for my wife (she has autoimmune disease that makes warm weather preferable)
enjoyed the city
nice campus
a few negative reviews from students**

*seems a bit excessive (?) - I've got friends in schools that have setups that seem much more manageable, allowing for more time to study in a way that works for you
I know the goal is incredible board scores - so I like the idea, just trying to get some feedback
**one quite negative review from a h.s. buddy, other similar reviews from sdn-ers.

I don't see harm in seeking opinions and thoughts, so I appreciate anything you've got!

Members don't see this ad.

OSU hands down. I was born and raised just down the road from this hospital, I have many friends currently enrolled here and every DO I have shadowed came out of OSU and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them LOVED it. OSU has the largest teaching hospital in the nation (school hospital). You are guaranteed rotations close by and they are building a brand new state of the art facility for physician training. Go to OSU and don't look back. If you have any questions about the area, just let me know.

Reactions: 1 user