Just took DAT (3/2/13) Advice Needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nevrgiveup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the DAT today and my scores are:

PA: 22
QR: 21
RC: 16 :scared:
Bio: 19
GC: 21
OC: 17 :(
TS: 19
AA: 19

I'm sitting at a 3.4 overall/sci so I know these scores probably won't cut it. Any advice on what to do next? feel no good right now =/

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, I feel that Cappi is right. You can attempt to apply with those stats and you might get lucky but chances are you're going to have to retake. If your RC wasn't so low, you would've had a solid shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took the DAT today and my scores are:

PA: 22
QR: 21
RC: 16 :scared:
Bio: 19
GC: 21
OC: 17 :(
TS: 19
AA: 19

I'm sitting at a 3.4 overall/sci so I know these scores probably won't cut it. Any advice on what to do next? feel no good right now =/

Aside from RC I think you did very well. Obviously your chances would be better with higher DAT scores but I believe you still stand a decent chance if you apply to 20+ schools.

I have similar scores but my RC is one point higher than yours but the same AA and TS. I will be applying with my current scores this june and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply guys. I think I'll retake the test in June since I have to wait 90 days I believe. For the next three months I'll eat and sleep DAT. What is your recommendation on how to improve the RC?

Thanks for the reply guys. I think I'll retake the test in June since I have to wait 90 days I believe. For the next three months I'll eat and sleep DAT. What is your recommendation on how to improve the RC?

Hey there
Can you tell u what materialso you used?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

You did really well but def improve your organic score. Watch Chad 2+ times and take notes and take his practice quizzes. In addition, Destroyer Road Maps really helped me to get my 24 in orgo. Reading comp could just be from difficult passages. I thought I had bombed my science section and had already counted myself out when I got to reading comp....lesson learned, treat each section like individual exams.

You did not do terrible, but you need to do better. Invest in Destroyer and/or Odyssey for Orgo. For Gen chem use Destroyer, Kaplan and Achiever practice tests. For Bio use Kaplan, Destroyer and DAT qvault. You should be in much better shape in a fee months of using those materials.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Chad's Chad's and more Chad's. your scores are already good, a little fine tuning and you will be good to go. Don't be afraid of calling schools to discuss your scores/ GPA, I did several times. They were generally nice and helpful when I called.

You did really well but def improve your organic score. Watch Chad 2+ times and take notes and take his practice quizzes. In addition, Destroyer Road Maps really helped me to get my 24 in orgo. Reading comp could just be from difficult passages. I thought I had bombed my science section and had already counted myself out when I got to reading comp....lesson learned, treat each section like individual exams.

Amen

pat 20
qr 20
oc 23
gc 22
bio 17
rc 17

what do you think should I apply

If I were you I would apply to a dental school/

OP a retake is highly advised. Read the breakdowns for tips. OC is the easiest section with destroyer you can easily bring it up considerably. For RC I recommend datQvault and crackDATreading.

Good plan. Take it June. Don't forget to keep up with shadowing and/or volunteering.

Thanks, organic chemistry was strange because I only had one question that I did not know on the test. I was almost certain that I got the rest right!

Those arent bad scores. I choked on my Ochem too, I dont know what happened. my RC was higher, but I went ahead and applied anyway. ( I was late too) I think it depends on what the rest of your application looks like. If you have a bunch of shadowing, service and extra curricular's then it might be worth a shot if you can apply really early. I got a couple interviews and killed the one I really wanted to go to. Sell yourself in your personal statement and interview and you might get lucky. Look at each schools cut off point though, sometimes its at 17, if it is, then either dont apply there or retake, even if your app is awesome overall, they might just chuck it out in the first round because that score was too low. Anyway, hope this helps, good luck, the whole process just sucks and is stressful beyond belief.