K-State CVM Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agr1365

KSU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know (a) when KSU interviews in-state applicants or (b) what type of interview questions to expect at KSU?

Appreciate it.
mh

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know (a) when KSU interviews in-state applicants or (b) what type of interview questions to expect at KSU?

Appreciate it.
mh

B- Lots of ethical questions, some random history question (I got who is Joseph Stalin)... Might be different now since I applied 4 years ago.

Know your application. KSU is good at reading them and if there is something interesting or rare on your app, they are going to ask you about it. I said that I bottle fed orphaned animals for a year with my boss and they asked me all kinds of questions about it, down to what type of milk did I use. Ethics questions are also very popular, like if a healthy animal is brought in to be euthanized what would you do, what do think about animal research, if you don't like it why (religion). World topics such as diseases that are going around, world's biggest problem, they want to know that you see what is going on in the world around you and not just tunnel vision on getting into veterinary school. Good luck with your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted to this thread since the subject is the same, although my question is different.

I may've missed more information pertaining to this, but I did find a .PDF from Kansas State, but I'm still semi-confused.

The class of 2010 statistics is posted at Kansas State's site.

For "At Large" applicants...
516 Qualified
182 Offered
46 Accepted

Total applicant numbers, for Kansas, Nebraska and Everyone, I believe, appears to be...
266 Offered
105 Accepted

So now my question: Do they interview all 516 "qualified" at-large applicants? Impossible, right? Or rather, seems like a huge number of people to talk to. Am I correct then to assume they interviewed (offered/interviewed) 182 candidates, and of those... they made offers and 46 accepted?

Or perhaps they really do interview over 500 candidates? I know I must have this wrong somewhere.

If anyone has ideas or more information, share?

I posted to this thread since the subject is the same, although my question is different.

I may've missed more information pertaining to this, but I did find a .PDF from Kansas State, but I'm still semi-confused.

So now my question: Do they interview all 516 "qualified" at-large applicants? Impossible, right? Or rather, seems like a huge number of people to talk to. Am I correct then to assume they interviewed (offered/interviewed) 182 candidates, and of those... they made offers and 46 accepted?

Or perhaps they really do interview over 500 candidates? I know I must have this wrong somewhere.

If anyone has ideas or more information, share?

They do not offer/interview all qualified. They have that big out-of-state weekend....and generally most of those people will be offered eventually (roughly 150-180)...some right off the bat and others as alternates. Depending on how many people accept from the alternate list, they may have a few more interviews.

If you get the early interview, you'll likely get offered.

Appreciate it.
mh

Someone had posted before in a thread and also on the interview feedback section that in-state interviews are in Dec. and out-of-state are in Jan.

Some replies to some of your queries...

I would say there is no possible way that all "qualified" applicants will receive an invitation for an interview. And, if you are an out-of-stater and you have received an interview your chances are pretty good. There are many times a KSU class has more non-resident students than resident. They do this for financial reasons. Moreover, not a lot of folks from the east and west coasts are real interested in coming to school out here in the plains of Kansas, but every single person I have ever known that has lived in Manhattan has absolutely loved it....it is a great college town.

mh

As previously posted, K-State generally offers more out-of-state than in-state. Good luck to those who have interviews this week, Hope everyone hears good news!

Does anyone know if their is a deadline to when you have to accept your interview?

Does anyone know if their is a deadline to when you have to accept your interview?

Hi, Charlotte, I kind of answered your question on Facebook. :). Just let them know about the time conflict and you'll be good.

I'd love to know what some of the current KSU students' favorite things about the vet school are!

Reactions: 1 user
I just read that first year vet students at KSU receive a new tablet during orientation. Is this a common thing now?

I just read that first year vet students at KSU receive a new tablet during orientation. Is this a common thing now?
Using tablets sure, as far as the vet school actually supplying them, maybe some others might but it doesn't seem to be the norm I'd say.

I'd love to know what some of the current KSU students' favorite things about the vet school are!
Personally I think the faculty is awesome. Very knowledge and dedicated group who always does their best to help the students, in class and otherwise. The clinicians are always welcoming to underclassmen hanging out in the VTH too. And I like the facilities. Having your own desk and 24/7 acess to the building (and your lab) is nice. Personally I'll be sleeping, but if you want to go study your cadaver at 3:30am you're free to do so. They're currently renovating the vet med library too, so while it sucks not having it right now I'm excited for how nice it's going to be for next year.

Reactions: 1 user