Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are doing God's work

Hahaha I think that's how all we all feel when we receive help! Feel free to PM me for any more questions.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be withdrawing my II from KCU. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

II today! Very unexpected, but excited to check this school out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it's around $40k. Thank you!

yea 40k isnt too bad. Its about the average for DO schools. Out of state MSUCOM is 80k! lol. So I obviously didnt apply there.

Seems like majority of invites are going out on Tuesdays. Hoping for a little love from KCU today!

Approaching the one month mark since submission...still no complete email. When I spoke with them last week they told me that they have all of my materials and if I wasn't complete by today to call back. Hopefully I don't have to. :/

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! OOS, complete around 8/13

Reactions: 3 users
II just now! Complete Aug 20.
Congrats! Did you submit your secondary on Aug 20 or did you get some sort of complete email/notification on that date having submitted your secondary earlier?

Congrats! Did you submit your secondary on Aug 20 or did you get some sort of complete email/notification on that date having submitted your secondary earlier?

E-mail/notification on that date having submitted my secondary earlier.

Last edited:
Has anyone received confirmation after selecting an interview date from today?

I handed in my secondary on 8/4. It was received on 8/12 and I received the complete email on 8/20
Ahhh congrats! I'm pretty sure you were my twin in previous comments, I also submit the secondary on 8/4 and was marked received on 8/12. However I'm still not complete -__-

does anyone know what time the interviews actually end?
Im trying to arrange a shuttle to pick me up from campus to the airport.

I never received confirmation either...
Mmmm. I hope you all figure that out. I don't know what to say. At least one of the people in admissions went on vacation during the early part of August. I'm guessing that that have a lot of apps to sort through that were marked complete on 8/20. I was hoping for a II today, but it looks like at least another week. At least I'm complete though! Have you contacted admissions?

Has anyone received confirmation after selecting an interview date from today?

when I log back in it says that I already selected a date so I can't select another interview date. I guess that's a good sign.
have you tried this?

does anyone know what time the interviews actually end?
Im trying to arrange a shuttle to pick me up from campus to the airport.

At the latest, they usually end around 4 but if you have an earlier flight, I think the first interview time available was 1pm? And you can call admissions and ask them to schedule you earlier. But if time isn't an issue, you'll probably be in the later groups and be done around 3:30/4pm at the latest. They'll also ask you the day of if you need to catch a flight or anything. Hope that helps! =]

II today! Really excited about this school!

Secondary received: 8/12; Application complete: 8/24; Interview Date: 9/23; MCAT: 30; cGPA: 3.59; Non-trad :)

Reactions: 2 users
when I log back in it says that I already selected a date so I can't select another interview date. I guess that's a good sign.
have you tried this?
Yup, this is what I get as well. I guess its been accepted or else it would let us log back in !

Mmmm. I hope you all figure that out. I don't know what to say. At least one of the people in admissions went on vacation during the early part of August. I'm guessing that that have a lot of apps to sort through that were marked complete on 8/20. I was hoping for a II today, but it looks like at least another week. At least I'm complete though! Have you contacted admissions?
I'm pretty sure you're comment was directed at me so I'm going to go ahead and answer lol. I contacted admissions on the 25th and was told that they have all of my necessary materials and I'm just in the pile of one of their three reviewers. He told me to call back in a week if it wasn't resolved. It looks like I'll be making a call today. Meanwhile....someone who had their secondary marked as received the same day as mine has an interview and I can't even get a completion. This process is giving me a head ache lol. Oh well, just gotta keep chugging along I guess :)

Reactions: 1 users
Ahhh congrats! I'm pretty sure you were my twin in previous comments, I also submit the secondary on 8/4 and was marked received on 8/12. However I'm still not complete -__-
Thank you! Yeah, it's been a weird cycle so far for a lot of applicants with so many people getting interviews/completion emails out of order. I am sorry about your situation though :(
Maybe it's an issue with your letters/references? Since it's been quite a while, giving them a call would be best I think! Good luck :)

Thank you! Yeah, it's been a weird cycle so far for a lot of applicants with so many people getting interviews/completion emails out of order. I am sorry about your situation though :(
Maybe it's an issue with your letters/references? Since it's been quite a while, giving them a call would be best I think! Good luck :)
I called admissions 8/25 and they told me that they have all of my required materials and they are just waiting to be seen and reviewed by someone. They told me to call in a week (today) if I'm still not complete.

Just got an II! my number one choice for DO schools. 29 mcat, 3.6 science / 3.5 regular

Recd secondary: july 24, Sent in Aug 8, comp aug 20

Wasn't there supposed to be an interview group yesterday? If anyone went, how did it go!?

Got an II today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:soexcited: lizzy-61. complete - 8/26

Reactions: 4 users
Wasn't there supposed to be an interview group yesterday? If anyone went, how did it go!?
I don't believe there was an interview group yesterday. I didn't see anyone walking around but then again I could be wrong

Just got an II! my number one choice for DO schools. 29 mcat, 3.6 science / 3.5 regular

Recd secondary: july 24, Sent in Aug 8, comp aug 20

Grats! I have similar stats and this school and another are tied for my number 1 spot of DO schools as well.

Whats your other number 1?

DMU, but honestly KCU would probably make more sense for me to attend. Idk it'll be probably depend on which one I get into if any of them.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone here from Michigan (Metro Detroit Area) who has an interview at KCU on September 23 who wants to carpool? I'm split about flying vs driving. Sort of leaning toward driving. Anyone here interested?