Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has your education been continuous except for holidays and summer breaks?*
Yes
No
If no, please provide an explanation below:

^^^

Err, what do I do about this question? Do I explain what I have done during my gap years, or why I have been out of school for 3 years?

They want you to explain gaps in your undergradate career. I don't think they care much if you also use the space to talk about what you're doing during your gap year.

Members don't see this ad.

They want you to explain gaps in your undergradate career. I don't think they care much if you also use the space to talk about what you're doing during your gap year.

Well I had no gaps in my undergraduate career... I just have had 3 gap years after I graduated from undergrad......

Members don't see this ad :)
Has your education been continuous except for holidays and summer breaks?*
Yes
No
If no, please provide an explanation below:

^^^

Err, what do I do about this question? Do I explain what I have done during my gap years, or why I have been out of school for 3 years?
Kind of both. For the last 3 years I did XYZ. And then explain why you did it.

Also I don't think there really is much of a difference between a 27/28/29 IMHO because either end is definitely less than 1 SD from the median.

Also I don't think there really is much of a difference between a 27/28/29 IMHO because either end is definitely less than 1 SD from the median.

There is a 13 percentile difference between a 29 and a 27 on the MCAT. Thats huge lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted! All my essays ended up being very close to the character limit. Anyone know when this school starts sending out ii??

Does KCU value cGPA or sGPA more?

Primary finally verified today! Hoping to get a secondary from KCU this week! Definitely at the top of my school list!!!

Primary finally verified today! Hoping to get a secondary from KCU this week! Definitely at the top of my school list!!!

I'm still waiting! It's absolutely terrible. Do you mind me asking when your transcripts were received/when you submitted?

I'm still waiting! It's absolutely terrible. Do you mind me asking when your transcripts were received/when you submitted?
I submitted my app on 6/22 and had transcripts received 7/2 (after having to resend one of my transcripts multiple times). I called last week and was told it would be another week for verification. To my surprise, I got a "transcripts verified" email 2 days later.

Good luck with your app! AACOMAS sure seems to be testing everyone's patience this year!

Is anyone else having issues with the secondary portal?

My primary was verified on 6/23....but still waiting for secondaries.... Did I get screened out?.......:(:(:(

Nope would Still hold out for it unless you had a less than 3.25 GPA?
Thanks a lot for the info:). No. my GPA is above 3.7 overall, but I am an international applicant. That is why I am worried about it.

Spoke with admissions... Which told me we should start getting decisions around 2 weeks from now... That is so quick

I just received an email with the following message:

"Because of your success on the MCAT, (Insert Name Here), we are sending you an invitation to apply. Applications opened on May 5, 2015, through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM). Discover why KCU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine is the right choice to fulfill your dream of becoming a physician. "

At the bottom is a link that says "Apply Now" that just takes me to the AACOMAS application. I have already applied through AACOMAS, but have not received a secondary. Has anyone else received this email?

I just received an email with the following message:

"Because of your success on the MCAT, (Insert Name Here), we are sending you an invitation to apply. Applications opened on May 5, 2015, through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM). Discover why KCU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine is the right choice to fulfill your dream of becoming a physician. "

At the bottom is a link that says "Apply Now" that just takes me to the AACOMAS application. I have already applied through AACOMAS, but have not received a secondary. Has anyone else received this email?
This email was very common last cycle. Purely a marketing email if you didn't opt out during your test.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed the admissions department about the status of my application and received a response this morning. For anyone who took the MCAT in June and is still waiting for a secondary, it is highly likely that your scores have not yet been added to your application at KCUMB. They should be added automatically next time KCUMB downloads applications. The representative told me that if I don't hear from them within 10 days I should inquire again.

Did anyone who took the June MCAT receive this email today?

"KCU has received your AACOMAS application. At this time we cannot process and move forward because of your MCAT scores. The score is either not recorded on your application, or you are planning to retake the test. Please make sure to have all current and future scores sent to AACOM to be placed on your application. As soon as scores or updates are received, we can move forward with processing."

I have verified that my KCUMB application includes my official MCAT score and all of the other osteopathic medical schools have confirmed receipt of my MCAT scores.

Received a complete email today...

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email today stating my "application is complete and in the review stage. Please allow up to three weeks for processing although every effort is made to review as quickly as possible." So I guess now I wait. Wish me luck! Lol

Reactions: 1 users
I got a "friendly reminder to complete your secondary" email just now...but I submitted my secondary this AM :confused:

Got a email saying I'm complete...will be reviewed over the next 3 weeks.

Also got the complete email with 3 weeks review

complete. 3 weeks, or less.

How long did it take y'all to receive the secondary after AACOMAS was verified? I've yet to receive anything from KCU or Western....

How long did it take y'all to receive the secondary after AACOMAS was verified? I've yet to receive anything from KCU or Western....

I never received a secondary either and got an email saying they were waiting on my MCAT score. I called and they said that they did have my MCAT score, so the lady just gave me the web address to the fill out the secondary.

I also haven't received KCU or Western and I'm Canadian, my AACOMAS was verified pretty late July 24, but I received secondaries from other schools already...

It took a little while for KCU, but Western did not take quite as long. They are probably more backed up now though since I was transmitted in late May.

I also haven't received KCU or Western and I'm Canadian, my AACOMAS was verified pretty late July 24, but I received secondaries from other schools already...
That's about when my app was verified. KCU and Western are in my top 5 so I definitely want their secondaries over some others that I've already gotten!