Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
If KCU handed out IIs today does that mean the committee met...?!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
So how does the supershuttle work? Do you have to call them and tell them to pick you up when your flight lands? or does it just run every hour or so? And I was told there is a cost for the super shuttle - anyone know how much?

So how does the supershuttle work? Do you have to call them and tell them to pick you up when your flight lands? or does it just run every hour or so? And I was told there is a cost for the super shuttle - anyone know how much?

When you land there's a kiosk for Supershuttle. You pay there and they will take you to your hotel. They run almost every 15-30 minutes.

In regards to getting back to the airport (since MCI is kinda far from the city) you can go to Supershuttle.com and set it up. Wouldn't worry about it though because someone is bound to have a super shuttle set up after the interview.

When you land there's a kiosk for Supershuttle. You pay there and they will take you to your hotel. They run almost every 15-30 minutes.

In regards to getting back to the airport (since MCI is kinda far from the city) you can go to Supershuttle.com and set it up. Wouldn't worry about it though because someone is bound to have a super shuttle set up after the interview.

Do you happen to know the cost from MCI to 816?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm that's weird. Maybe a special deal for 816? Because I normally pay 30 just to go from downtown to MCI or the other way.

I think they may have a deal with 816, because I do remember a trip to downtown costing 30ish bucks. At the end of the day, its still cheaper than a taxi so I saved myself some valuable snack money haha

Interview date scheduled!!!! 10/5! Anyone else going that day????

II! having a hard time scheduling because of my work schedule. Does anyone noticed how often they open up new dates?

EDIT: Complete date 8/17

Reactions: 1 user
II! having a hard time scheduling because of my work schedule. Does anyone noticed how often they open up new dates?

EDIT: Complete date 8/17
emailed them regarding possible other interview dates..nothing.... and been checking for new dates since i got an II 2 weeks ago, no new dates :(

Anyone staying at 816 on Friday heading right to the airport after the interview?

For those who have interviewed, when did you receive a confirmation email for your interview date?

I have lower than average stats for this school. But received an interview. Do you think I have a shot at the KC campus? Or is the interview probably for Joplin? I said I prefer either on the survey email they sent out.

wondering for those who have an interview and havent scheduled yet, what are your dates available? Curious to see if the dates are tailored to when you got your II

wondering for those who have an interview and havent scheduled yet, what are your dates available? Curious to see if the dates are tailored to when you got your II

Received II yesterday but it showed 9/12 and 9/14 (which had passed) 10/6 and I don't remember the other two October dates

I have lower than average stats for this school. But received an interview. Do you think I have a shot at the KC campus? Or is the interview probably for Joplin? I said I prefer either on the survey email they sent out.
It shouldn't really matter should it? The fact that you got an interview is a good sign. You'll have the same curriculum and Joplin sounds like a good option since it has its own clinical rotation sites.

Just got an email from KCU and almost had a heart attack...but it was only about the grand rounds :(

Reactions: 7 users
So have we concluded that its really 6 weeks and not 4 weeks before hearing back?

Anyone interviewing tomoro wanna go downtown and watch the game? I'm already bored in the hotel

Reactions: 1 users
Closed application (they don't look at your GPA or Mcat) and they usually read your secondary answers. Make sure to study up on ethics cases! That's a big thing here.

What do you mean "ethics cases"? Just anything going on? Or something specific?

Just gonna drop this here...

First grand rounds of this year! Heard they were pretty awesome too! (definitely not bias and definitely not in one of these groups...............)

Reactions: 2 users
Holy crap your username is epic. Neurodjent may be the next genre of djent.

It is not only the future of djent, but it is the future of all music. Lows so low and rhythms so syncopated, it induces an altered mental state that hypnotizes the masses. :horns::boom::horns:

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed here today. Amazing facilities. Super friendly (and funny) faculty and students. I think this school is now my top choice. Hoping for some love in 6 weeks!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed here today. Amazing facilities. Super friendly (and funny) faculty and students. I think this school is now my top choice. Hoping for some love in 6 weeks!

+1

Just gonna drop this here...

First grand rounds of this year! Heard they were pretty awesome too! (definitely not bias and definitely not in one of these groups...............)

I would agree.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hi guys,
may be a dumb question BUT
i got an interview at KCUMB and I filled out the campus selection form where I clicked kansas city (on the last day too - for some reason their emails end up in my promotions folder INCLUDING THE INTERVIEW INVITE)
if my email doesn't say Joplin anywhere, should I assume I received it for the Kansas City campus?