Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im interviewing on 11/30 so I sure hope so!

I interviewed just before Thanksgiving last year and still got in!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does KCU have a vaccination form available once you start the matriculation process? I'd like to make an appt ASAP to get it out of the way.

They did, but I'm not sure since the redesign of the website. You will have a matriculation page on your official acceptance paperwork that will link to all the crap you need to have done.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Could use some advice from people interviewing here.
Where is the best place to stay for a hotel? Any that offer a shuttle to and from the College?

Could use some advice from people interviewing here.
Where is the best place to stay for a hotel? Any that offer a shuttle to and from the College?

816 hotsl has a complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to the school. Most interviewees then split a super shuttle from the school to the airport if leaving right after.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys recommend preparing for the interview ?

Your interviewer(s) only have your secondary so review your answers and be prepared to talk about them. Of course, have answers for the typical DO interview questions, and be ready for a possible ethics question. I kind of got one, but it was nothing crazy I would barely classify it as an ethics question. Other than that, just be yourself. They are trying to see if you are a good fit for KCU. My interview was pretty low stress up until the last like 5 min so I wouldn't worry too much about it! Good luck :)

Submitted secondary on 9/27. I have a 3.75 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA, 503 MCAT. Is there any hope for me getting an II before the class fills?

How do you guys recommend preparing for the interview ?

One thing I tell myself during my interviews, regardless of how uninterested or expressionless the interviewers are, is that they're rooting for you. Stay composed and show them why you deserve it!

Ok, so I just left the interview. Great school, really enjoyed everything about it. I was a little anxious in the interview so I'd have liked to be a little calmer, but overall I think I represented myself well

I know they said it can take UP TO six weeks but how long does it usually take for them to get back to you after the interview?

For the people who have already been accepted? How log after your interview did you hear back?

All you interviewees were awesome today :) thanks for being friendly and laid back! Hopefully you enjoyed the fajitas and to whoever ended up Asking me who I was, congrats! But don't spill the beans to everyone! ;)

Reactions: 3 users
I know they said it can take UP TO six weeks but how long does it usually take for them to get back to you after the interview?

For the people who have already been accepted? How log after your interview did you hear back?

It took me 4.5 weeks. I think they give decisions out after multiple groups have interviewed

@AlteredScale, i'm sure you recognize some of the members of this forum during interviews.
Are you on the admissions comittee?

@AlteredScale, i'm sure you recognize some of the members of this forum during interviews.
Are you on the admissions comittee?

Tbh i actually dont hahaha. Its hard for me to track you all down!

Nope not any adcom! Thatd be cool if I was though haha.

All you interviewees were awesome today :) thanks for being friendly and laid back! Hopefully you enjoyed the fajitas and to whoever ended up Asking me who I was, congrats! But don't spill the beans to everyone! ;)

We had the tacos/fajitas at our bioethics lunch too PLUS they had the apple cobbler! Literally a dream come true haha. You totally got me addicted to it

It's been a while since I posted on here so to everyone who has been accepted so far: congrats!

Reactions: 2 users

Which is funny because every time I see you with a group I want to be like "you know who you are eating apple cobbler with, right?"

Reactions: 3 users
Which is funny because every time I see you with a group I want to be like "you know who you are eating apple cobbler with, right?"

Ha! I saw that look on your face you wanted to tell my group! :p

Did you get any of that apple cobbler though? Holy hell they def put something in there that makes it addicting!

Not today, but it is awesome. I kinda like the cherry cobbler a tad bit better.

Do any of you guys mind saying what you wrote about for your biggest failure essay?

Do any of you guys mind saying what you wrote about for your biggest failure essay?
It just asked for a failure, not necessarily the biggest failure. I went with something very light-hearted because I didn't want to highlight any significant weaknesses of mine.

Mine took 13 days

For those who got accepted, do they tell you which campus you are going to be at?

Besides River Market, what are some other neighborhoods students live in? Not really feeling century towers...

Besides River Market, what are some other neighborhoods students live in? Not really feeling century towers...

Depends on your objectives and budget. Power and light and Westport are places students live. They are closer to nightlife but are a bit more expensive. If you have a family or SO and want something quieter, people will choose the northland or Overland Park.

The question with living is we all choose to do it differently. Are you gonna have a car? What's your budget? Have a pet? Do you wanna live like a baller or a med student? Or somewhere in between? All are big factors in choosing where to live in a large metro area.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Also consider North KC. They are some really nice places close to campus. CityView and the apartment complexes in Briarcliff immediately come to mind. A bit more pricier than CT for a one bedroom, one bath but very nice areas. The farther north you go the cheaper it gets but then your commute will be a bit longer.

I live in north of the river, have a daily commute of about 10 minutes to campus and I really like where I live.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who got accepted receive information on deposit and immunizations stuff yet?

City view is great. Close enough to school and downtown and not in an old hospital. Very pet friendly and there's a park next door if you wanna bike. Lots a little mom and pop shops walking distance from it too. Also there's at least three microbreweries nearby.

City view is great. Close enough to school and downtown and not in an old hospital. Very pet friendly and there's a park next door if you wanna bike. Lots a little mom and pop shops walking distance from it too. Also there's at least three microbreweries nearby.

I'll definitely look into this area. I'll be bringing my pup with me to school so being next to a park is very important to me! Thanks to you and everyone who responded to my post!

It just asked for a failure, not necessarily the biggest failure. I went with something very light-hearted because I didn't want to highlight any significant weaknesses of mine.
Yeah I went with an event unrelated to academics. Also got a complete email!

For the failure discussion. I discussed an event that actually made me look bad. I talked to about how I reflected on it and how my reflection has changed me. It seemed to work.

II today. Does anyone know about the clinical rotation sites here?