Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone with II's! Got the official acceptance letter today (hopefully the first of many? Haha)! Hope you all enjoy KCUMB as much as I did! =]

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone with II's! Got the official acceptance letter today (hopefully the first of many? Haha)! Hope you all enjoy KCUMB as much as I did! =]

Wow that's amazing! I didn't realize they go out this early in the cycle. Congratulations!!! When did you interview?

Wow that's amazing! I didn't realize they go out this early in the cycle. Congratulations!!! When did you interview?

My interview was their first day, on Sept 4! None of us expected to hear back so quickly and I think some from that day are still waiting but yeah, guess I was one of the lucky ones! But thank you!! And good luck with your interview!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email from this school telling me that if I apply, they will give me priority consideration for an interview. Has anyone else got an email like that from them? If they send this email out to like everyone I wont take it as seriously, but I would like to know if it's worth sending an application. The reason I didn't submit my primary to this school is because my GPA fell below their auto screen (3.21cGPA, 3.31sGPA). Also, I live in New Jersey and go to Rutgers, which kind of confuses me as KCUMB seems to exhibit a bit of regional bias.

Also how do they know I'm a good candidate if I didn't send them my aacomas?

I just got an email from this school telling me that if I apply, they will give me priority consideration for an interview. Has anyone else got an email like that from them? If they send this email out to like everyone I wont take it as seriously, but I would like to know if it's worth sending an application. The reason I didn't submit my primary to this school is because my GPA fell below their auto screen (3.21cGPA, 3.31sGPA). Also, I live in New Jersey and go to Rutgers, which kind of confuses me as KCUMB seems to exhibit a bit of regional bias.

Also how do they know I'm a good candidate if I didn't send them my aacomas?

They may have seen your MCAT scores.

Accepted! Interviewed sept 9th.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 6 users
My interview was their first day, on Sept 4! None of us expected to hear back so quickly and I think some from that day are still waiting but yeah, guess I was one of the lucky ones! But thank you!! And good luck with your interview!
What time did you get the letter of acceptance?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Interviewed sept 9th.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Can anyone that interviewed on sept 9th or those accepted comment on what time they interviewed that day? Also, do you know when deposits are due and how much? Anyone know when the admissions committee meets and when they send out acceptances?

I got the letter today snail mail but the email on Sept 10 some time in the evening. I interviewed on Sept 4th at 2:45pm.

And I'm not from anywhere near the area as far as regional bias. Probably as far as I could get haha. But I know they definitely screen for GPA so maybe call beforehand?

Members don't see this ad :)
i was in the last group (3:15). I just got an email of the news not sure about deposit or details yet.

I got the email a few days ago and still haven't received the "upcoming info" they promised in the email haha. I'm sure they'll be updating everyone soon though =]. I read that their deposit to hold a spot is $1000 I think and we should have a while to submit it.

Accepted! Interviewed 9/9 1:45 pm :)

Accepted!!! Also interviewed 9/9 at 1:45 pm! Ahh so happy!!!! :)

II TODAY!! If there's one school that could get me to leave the west coast I think this is it.

Complete 9/11. 30, 3.5, 3.3

Reactions: 1 users
II TODAY!! If there's one school that could get me to leave the west coast I think this is it.

Complete 9/11. 30, 3.5, 3.3
trust me it really can. I never thought a school would get me away from the mountains of the east coast. Its just like a family there, its the weirdest experience. I have never felt that home at any school - med or undergrad

Dude we might end up being classmates! Haha. I loved it. The area around not so much, but the school was great especially with the new dean.
yea dubin is a baller and is whipping it into even better shape than it already was in.

That would be sweet if a ton of us on here ended up at the same school heh

yea dubin is a baller and is whipping it into even better shape than it already was in.

That would be sweet if a ton of us on here ended up at the same school heh

Though I've been reading these threads forever, I only actually participated this cycle and I already feel like it would be the coolest thing to have future classmates be discovered on here haha. I wish you guys the best and who knows, maybe we'll all end up together! KCUMB is definitely one of my top and is under strong consideration haha.

Any specific interview advice for this school?
100% be your normal chill self

If you are being a gunner they will pick you out. They are definitely looking for people that fit into their "family" not just smart people. I didn't understand it until I got there, but yea. Just be calm, polite, fun, normal... I literally tried to just have as much fun as I could (and I did legit have fun meeting people) and I got the acceptance literally less than a week later. My scores and stuff are totally average. I imagine it was just my attitude that helped?

I just had the one person. I was under the impression that that's how they did it for everyone?

I had two faculty members as did most of the people interviewing my day =P

Guess it just depends on who's available haha

Sorry if this has been previously asked, but would a 7:15 PM flight be make-able after the interview day?

Sorry if this has been previously asked, but would a 7:15 PM flight be make-able after the interview day?
For sure. I interviewed today and had 2 faculty interview me although most only had one. My flight was set to leave at 6 and I left KCUMB by 3 via taxi and got to the airport by 3:30. Had 2.5 hrs spare time. My II was at 1:45 and I didn't even have the earliest II time (some had interviews at 1:00). It is PLENTY of time!

Yep! My flight was at 715 and I had time to chill and change!

Definitely use the super shuttle and set it up! Or ask any interviewees if they are using the super shuttle after interview day!

Seems like everyone who's interviewing here is getting accepted

Accepted!! Got an email today, interviewed last Tuesday the 9th! Fast turnovers early in the cycle I guess. So stoked this is my first one!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone who interviewed last week get any kind of follow-up email? I interviewed on the 9th and was told we'd get some kind of follow up email by the end of last week. I didn't, and I didn't hear anything today either :(

Glad so many people received response :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Interviewed on the 4th, and still anxiously waiting :shifty::shrug:

Yeah they have a hard screen. Apparently you only get an interview if they are VeRY interested so as long as you aren't "weird" and can hold a conversation, you're in. That's what the dean told us.

I wanted to ask then what their definition of weird was during that Q and A! Haha

I still haven't gotten any of the extra info either but hoping it comes soon! They didn't say whether it was going to be by mail or online but I'm hoping with their transition to online stuff, it'll be available soon enough for everyone to access =]

Yeah they have a hard screen. Apparently you only get an interview if they are VeRY interested so as long as you aren't "weird" and can hold a conversation, you're in. That's what the dean told us.

Hell yeah! I'm not weird and can hold a conversation!

II here today, interviewing October 3. This is my second II but I am beyond excited about this one. Super excited to read that they basically want to accept you if you get an interview, I hope that that is true. I am still waiting on my second mcat score to come in tomorrow so I was surprised to get this II 1 day before the score. Complete 1 week ago, 26,3.29/3.20. KCUMB class of 2019 PLEASE!!!