Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious. . . Of those recently receiving interview invites, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an II last week, my stats are: 3.51/3.35/30(11/9/10) OOS

Reactions: 1 user
So you're using your original state's tags on your car? In my state you have to change then within 3 months of moving into your domicile.

The only thing my state requires is that I notify them of an address change within 10 business days. I changed my address and just recently renewed my tag for 2015.

Everyone I know has kept their original license plate and tags.

I don't know if you become a resident of MO just by attending a graduate school. Technically I think you're still a resident of your original state while you're a student.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only thing my state requires is that I notify them of an address change within 10 business days. I changed my address and just recently renewed my tag for 2015.

Everyone I know has kept their original license plate and tags.

I don't know if you become a resident of MO just by attending a graduate school. Technically I think you're still a resident of your original state while you're a student.

Hmm... if that's the case then great. No need to screw with the DMV.

I got an II last week, my stats are: 3.51/3.35/30(11/9/10) OOS

Thanks! We have very similar stats. I have a slightly higher GPA, but you have a higher MCAT. The email I received 2 weeks ago I assumed was a "complete" email wasn't actually the complete email. So, back to the waiting game.Just wanted to see where I was in the game.

II = interview invite, not secondaries

Ok, my bad. I've heard anywhere from 50 to 80% on acceptance after interview, but when I talked to the admissions reps they said 70-80% is pretty accurate.

So you're using your original state's tags on your car? In my state you have to change then within 3 months of moving into your domicile.

MO and KS (I live in ks) have student exemptions for licenses and plates. Technically you're supposed to have a permanent address in your home state (like parents' house or something) in order to maintain out of state plates but I am just renewing mine from my home state.
Otherwise it is 90 days.

MO and KS (I live in ks) have student exemptions for licenses and plates. Technically you're supposed to have a permanent address in your home state (like parents' house or something) in order to maintain out of state plates but I am just renewing mine from my home state.
Otherwise it is 90 days.

Ready for the practical tomorrow!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone post the actual complete email? Please..

Dear NAME,

Your application to KCUMB-COM is now complete and is in the review stage. Please give our office up to 3 weeks to review your application, although every effort is made to review as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, feel free to use the links below to see why KCUMB is one of the top medical schools in the country:

• We offer a variety ofresearch opportunities.
  • We offer exciting scholarship opportunities.
  • Our beautiful campus is minutes away from Kansas City's hot spots, including River Market, Power & Light District and famed Country Club Plaza.

Thank you,

KCUMB-COM

Office of Admissions

[email protected]

Ah thank you, definitely don't have a complete application yet...ugh..

I hope i would hear something this week! Interviewed on Oct 23rd. This long wait is killing me.

Also check your junk mail. I use gmail and both my interview invite and my acceptance letter were originally placed in my junk pile for some reason.

Thanks but definitely check that every day as well.. I turned in my application and fee last month Oct 20th. 2 weeks later I sent an email if anything was missing, and their reply just said we have received your application and to send letters if I have not already done so. I had already sent the letters and so I didn't do anything.. now another 2 weeks later I sent another email asking if anything was missing...nothing yet.

Edit: forgot to mention that even when I had my AACOMAS primary verified, I received no secondary for 3 weeks and only received it when I emailed them to ask about it. My stats easily passed their screen too so idk why I am being so delayed in their process lol

Thanks but definitely check that every day as well.. I turned in my application and fee last month Oct 20th. 2 weeks later I sent an email if anything was missing, and their reply just said we have received your application and to send letters if I have not already done so. I had already sent the letters and so I didn't do anything.. now another 2 weeks later I sent another email asking if anything was missing...nothing yet.

Edit: forgot to mention that even when I had my AACOMAS primary verified, I received no secondary for 3 weeks and only received it when I emailed them to ask about it. My stats easily passed their screen too so idk why I am being so delayed in their process lol

The entire admin building is being renovated. I'm sure the staff has been busy between moving stuff and looking through hundreds of applications.

http://kcumb.zenfolio.com/p322286070/h15144865#h1044ed75

Just withdrew my app from the waiting list - good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anybody from Oct 23rd group heard back? Im losing hope. :blackeye:

Interviewed on 10/23 and was just accepted 10 minutes ago

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 11/5 ..wait list. Thought the interview went really well not sure what happened.

Accepted! Interviewed 11/4. Got the email just an hour ago.

Reactions: 8 users
Got a II today! Looks like the Dec 9th and 11th interview days are full already :( Guess I will try for the open date on Jan 22. Do interview days ever open again after they are full?? thanks!

Got accepted! Im so thrilled!

Reactions: 6 users
Got a II today! Looks like the Dec 9th and 11th interview days are full already :( Guess I will try for the open date on Jan 22. Do interview days ever open again after they are full?? thanks!

Probably if someone drops their interview date. There is usually movement around the first deposit due date.

Do you mind sharing your stats/complete date:)?

BF just got in here. Deciding between KCUMB and KU Med...
I love KCUMB, but UK med all the way. It will be easier in the long run.

Edit: unless you know for certain you want to do something non-competitive. You would also be saving 15000 a year! That is a ton.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I interviewed on 11/04 and received an email yesterday stating that I was waitlisted. My interview was not the best, so that is probably why. I was rambling because my interviewer was SO quiet and I think I may have said some silly things. My GPA is also fairly low (did two bachelor's-- one with bad grades, one with good grades).

GPA : 3.3
MCAT : 34

I love this school! I am grateful that I still have a small chance. =) CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that has been accepted, here or otherwise!! =D

Hey everyone! I interviewed on 11/04 and received an email yesterday stating that I was waitlisted. My interview was not the best, so that is probably why. I was rambling because my interviewer was SO quiet and I think I may have said some silly things. My GPA is also fairly low (did two bachelor's-- one with bad grades, one with good grades).

GPA : 3.3
MCAT : 34

I love this school! I am grateful that I still have a small chance. =) CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that has been accepted, here or otherwise!! =D

sweet MCAT. i don't want to be negative, but i'm guessing you haven't done any true grade replacement? just a different bachelor's degree? if so, retaking just a few classes could really seal the deal if you had to reapply next year.

Just received my official "complete" email.:bang: Here's hoping for a fast turnaround of an II.

sweet MCAT. i don't want to be negative, but i'm guessing you haven't done any true grade replacement? just a different bachelor's degree? if so, retaking just a few classes could really seal the deal if you had to reapply next year.

OK so my first time quoting a message so I hope it works. I actually did a lot of grade replacement. My first BS was Neuroscience, and second BS was Biology, so most, if not all, of my lower division classes were replaced. But to give you an idea.. I raised my overall GPA by 0.8. Lol. So with grades like those, it's hard to raise it more, but I can always try!

I am considering applying to their MSMS (or was it MSBS?) program! So I can finally have some graduate work under my belt. And I have a GRE score that I've never put to use so.. might as well..

OK so my first time quoting a message so I hope it works. I actually did a lot of grade replacement. My first BS was Neuroscience, and second BS was Biology, so most, if not all, of my lower division classes were replaced. But to give you an idea.. I raised my overall GPA by 0.8. Lol. So with grades like those, it's hard to raise it more, but I can always try!

I am considering applying to their MSMS (or was it MSBS?) program! So I can finally have some graduate work under my belt. And I have a GRE score that I've never put to use so.. might as well..

do you have anything below a C+? if so, retaking it could improve your GPA and make that number look more competetive. it is harder now though since you have so many credits that any individual grade isn't going to make a huge difference.

If you're willing to do their masters program, it's a really solid program. There are a lot of people in the first year class who did it and it helped them tremendously this first semester, since they had same faculty as a lot of the courses. I think they're expanding the class size this year, so I don't think it's too late to apply. It would be a very good foundation for medical school