Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Toured the facilities last weekend and got a peek into the new lecture halls.... they are mind blowing. The dean himself sat in the chairs until he found one that he liked, I was told. Google fiber ports every 6-8 feet or so, and over 90% of the old material was reused. It looks awesome.

Oh wow, they got Google Fiber into the academic building.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when they start to interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Just received my 1st II via email)) 3.41, 29, 3years clinical experience, OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my invite too, but had to schedule it for the 15th.. My darn work schedule! I'm hoping that's not too "late" but I am really trying to tell myself not to be neurotic and instead to be TOTALLY EXCITED!!! I can't wait to check out this awesome school.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone from the last interview cycle mind if I/we ask some questions?

Got my II (email) today! Scheduled for Sept. 4th! Hope to see some of you there :D

Congrats on the interviews!!! I'm still eagerly awaiting my first II!
Question- did you guys ever receive a "complete" email from KCUMB? I received the confirmation of submission and payment, but no communication saying that my app is complete. Thanks!

Question- did you guys ever receive a "complete" email from KCUMB? I received the confirmation of submission and payment, but no communication saying that my app is complete. Thanks!

I did. I sent it 7/9 and got a completion email 7/10.

I never received a complete email. I went ahead and emailed them today so hopefully I will hear back soon, and we will both be getting invites to interviews! :)

I completed on July 5th but didn't get a confirmation email until July 10th. But I emailed regarding something else, and they were super friendly, so definitely contact them if you feel like it! =]

Members don't see this ad :)
Great, thanks for the replies. I just called and the woman who is in charge of reviewing submitted applications for completeness was out of office for a week; she just returned to the office yesterday so there is a bit of delay.

Great, thanks for the replies. I just called and the woman who is in charge of reviewing submitted applications for completeness was out of office for a week; she just returned to the office yesterday so there is a bit of delay.

Thank you for the information!!

How many interviews does KCUMB give out?
This may not be true for every school, but I've heard a rough guess is schools will accept double their class size to account for students going elsewhere. The acceptance rate at KCUMB for interviews is pretty high (iirc like 70%?) so I'm guessing 700-750ish? I may be totally wrong but it's a ballpark

For you guys who received a secondary app. When AACOMAS release your primary to the school?

Cool, Thanks. This school is my top choice for osteopathic schools. I work as a scribe currently, for a physician who went here. She is the assistant director of emergency medicine at the hospital, and has only great things to say about the school. She said the case based curriculum is amazing for learning the material, and knowing it well.

AACOMAS just released my app to them on 7/24 so hopefully ill get my secondary within the next week.
I'm in state, with a 3.5 sGPA, and 3.47 cGPA, 27 MCAT. Hoping to get in here.

Do we know how often they send out IIs?

ii here! Stoked. heading to campus for the interview day on 9/9. Any others?

haha, no, just was working away from home all week. first chance to share the news

3.60c/3.57s/29 complete July 8 I believe.

Applying here: 3.8 nonscience GPA, 3.5 sGPA, 25 MCAT (7,8,10), 60 shadowing hours, 100 clinical volunteering hours, 300+ nonclinical volunteer hours, 10 leadership positions, 10 awards, and 100 hours with research w/publication.

Applying here OOS: 3.5 cGPA 3.33 sGPA. 30 (11/9/10) MCAT. Have heard great things about this program.

I applied and my AACOMAS was released on 7/24. I got an email from KCUMB saying thanks for applying! But no information about secondary. Is this normal?

I applied and my AACOMAS was released on 7/24. I got an email from KCUMB saying thanks for applying! But no information about secondary. Is this normal?

"Thank you for applying to Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences-College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCUMB-COM). We are so pleased with your interest in learning more about how KCUMB-COM can help you fulfill your goal of becoming a physician"

^Should be in the first email you get (or something to that nature). After comes the secondary.

"Thank you for applying to Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences-College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCUMB-COM). We are so pleased with your interest in learning more about how KCUMB-COM can help you fulfill your goal of becoming a physician"

^Should be in the first email you get (or something to that nature). After comes the secondary.
Thanks!! Is it a few days before the second one comes, or fairly quickly thereafter?

Hey I got this same email, and my AACOMAS was released on the same day. When did you get your secondary?

Hey I got this same email, and my AACOMAS was released on the same day. When did you get your secondary?
Haha still haven't gotten my secondary, yet. I'm gonna wait a few days and see if it comes by next Monday...

Finally got a complete email this afternoon. Secondary submitted July 2, last letter submitted the 20th.

Finally got a complete email this afternoon. Secondary submitted July 2, last letter submitted the 20th.

In the same boat as you! I submitted almost 3 weeks ago and just received the complete email yesterday. Hopefully it won't delay our II's too much :)

In the same boat as you! I submitted almost 3 weeks ago and just received the complete email yesterday. Hopefully it won't delay our II's too much :)

That's what I'm hoping! Hopefully we will be in the next wave or two!

I'm with you two on this one. Received my complete email today as well.

Applying here: 3.8 nonscience GPA, 3.5 sGPA, 25 MCAT (7,8,10), 60 shadowing hours, 100 clinical volunteering hours, 300+ nonclinical volunteer hours, 10 leadership positions, 10 awards, and 100 hours with research w/publication.
I just have to ask: how in the world did you get published with only 100 hours of research? :confused:

I got a complete email, following by a "we have received your secondary application" email. I'm confused, but I'll take it.

I just have to ask: how in the world did you get published with only 100 hours of research? :confused:

I was wondering this as well.

^^I am sitting at ~500 hours over 2 years and we just submitted our first publication last month haha. I'm guessing he/she is either brilliantly efficient or is down the list of authors in a high volume lab and also highly efficient :)

I got on pretty late in the research and made slides, took pictures on the the microscope and presented it. Didn't do as much as would have liked but still had my name on it.

I'm pretty sure KCUMB has the best website for any school. Wow.

Hope I'm not too late on applying here!
I agree, it's the easiest one I've been on. So easy to navigate through. Makes me like the school even more. Other websites can get convoluted and frustrating to use.