Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's so funny hearing people say their interview was conversational. When I interviewed back in October, my interviewer was very stern and it was NOT conversational. Haha I guess it went better than I thought it did because I got in :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Like I said, when I talked with Patti at my interview on 12/9, she told me that everyone would know by next Friday, 12/19, because their office is going on Christmas break.
Well I hope they take into account that some people have deposits due at other schools at the beginning of next week. I really would love to call KCUMB my Alma Mater.

Reactions: 1 user
got my 11/7 retake and got a good score.. hoping for some love. got an email on 11/6 saying 3 weeks for review. so not sure if that was automated and they were still waiting for my new scores or what.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance email! Feeling super grateful. Interviewed 12/04!

Reactions: 3 users
got my 11/7 retake and got a good score.. hoping for some love. got an email on 11/6 saying 3 weeks for review. so not sure if that was automated and they were still waiting for my new scores or what.
I got the same email on 11/6, and still no response. Any idea if I need to keep checking the secondary app or will I get an email?

I asked the question to the admissions after waiting 3 weeks and they said they have very limited interview spots left so they will review the files as it becomes necessary. This was about a week ago. You might get II if you have really good stats but otherwise wait until after 12/15 ?;)

I asked the question to the admissions after waiting 3 weeks and they said they have very limited interview spots left so they will review the files as it becomes necessary. This was about a week ago. You might get II if you have really good stats but otherwise wait until after 12/15 ?;)

I am ~3.7/30 so I feel like I am fairly competitive. Oh well, hoping for some <3 :)

Interviewed 12/4. Just got waitlisted today. So sad. Hoping they accept a decent amount off of the waitlist. Anybody know how exactly their waitlist process works?

12/4 must have been the day of the waitlist. Goodness. I think i'm just going to go ahead and blame the mayor.

Well I'm with you! Let's hope for the best. It's still early!

Seconded! Fingers crossed for some movement

Interviewed 12/4. Just got waitlisted today. So sad. Hoping they accept a decent amount off of the waitlist. Anybody know how exactly their waitlist process works?
Which they usually do.

Ugh I hope you are right! We'll just have to live in pergatory until then

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you on the wait list

I was looking at the match result stats on the KCUMB website and then I looked at the stats published by the AOA.

http://www.kcumb.edu/academics/college-of-osteopathic-medicine/eras-residency/match-statistics/
https://www.natmatch.com/aoairp/stats/2014sklstats.html

Can someone please explain why the numbers on these two sites differ? According to AOA, a total of 262 students were applying for residency this year while according to KCUMB's own website, they only had 235 students in the match (including ACGME) and ALL 235 of them were accepted somewhere. On the other hand, the AOA stats show that 35 people (13.4%) went unmatched in AOA, so what happened to these people? Maybe some of them matched into an ACGME position but I assume atleast some must have gone unmatched if they didn't make into an AOA residency.

Last edited:
I was looking at the match result stats on the KCUMB website and then I looked at the stats published by the AOA.

http://www.kcumb.edu/academics/college-of-osteopathic-medicine/eras-residency/match-statistics/
https://www.natmatch.com/aoairp/stats/2014sklstats.html

Can someone please explain why the numbers on these two sites differ? According to AOA, a total of 262 students were applying for residency this year while according to KCUMB's own website, they only had 235 students in the match (including ACGME) and ALL 235 of them were accepted somewhere. On the other hand, the AOA stats show that 35 people (13.4%) went unmatched in AOA, so what happened to these people? Maybe some of them matched into an ACGME position but I assume atleast some must have gone unmatched if they didn't make into an AOA residency.

Is KCUMB tweaking the numbers somehow to make them look better than they actually are?

Does it take into account the military?

Edit: Nvm, see it now.

They post the results only for the CLASS OF 2014 on their website, which means they exclude the people rolling over from 2013.

EDIT: If you look at the 2013 stats on KCUMB's website, there were a total of 218 students and 0 went unmatched! And why does the number of graduates vary so much from year to year?

Last edited:
It looks like KCUMB conveniently ignores the people from previous year. They post the results only for the CLASS OF 2014 on their website, which means they exclude the people rolling over from 2013. This is rather deceptive.

I think they include transitional years and there are some grads that completely forgo the AOA match so that may be why the AOA is showing 35 missing applicants.

I think they include transitional years and there are some grads that completely forgo the AOA match so that may be why the AOA is showing 35 missing applicants.

35 are not missing, they are non-matched. AOA listed non-participants separately, right beside non-matched.

It looks like KCUMB conveniently ignores the people from previous year. They post the results only for the CLASS OF 2014 on their website, which means they exclude the people rolling over from 2013. This is rather deceptive.

EDIT: ^ Even that doesn't make sense. If you look at the 2013 stats on KCUMB's website, there were a total of 218 students and 0 went unmatched! And why does the number of graduates vary so much from year to year? This looks pretty fishy.

Call the school then and ask. You have a right to information there. Let us know what you find out.

Is this the actual curriculum then?

I don't know what he's talking about. It's exactly the same thing as the genesis curriculum except the pep weeks are now CSA or whatever.

This is the last year they will have the old genesis curriculum so what does it matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call the school then and ask. You have a right to information there. Let us know what you find out.

I looked at some other schools' stats and it looks like their numbers don't match with AOA as well. So maybe the schools are interpreting and reporting numbers differently than AOA. Strange but possible.

I don't know what he's talking about. It's exactly the same thing as the genesis curriculum except the pep weeks are now CSA or whatever.

This is the last year they will have the old genesis curriculum so what does it matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just trying to figure out what the freaking curriculum is so I can decide if I want to go here or not--so that's what it matters for, lol

I don't even understand new/old genesis--what the hell? Any kind of straight answer would be much appreciated. :)

35 are not missing, they are non-matched. AOA listed non-participants separately, right beside non-matched.
If you apply both then pull yourself from the AOA match you are considered non-matched. The non-participants is for people who didn't apply AOA in the first place.

How are people holding up after last week's interviews? Heard anything???

interviewed on Dec. 9, they said decisions should be out before they're off for Christmas break (so by end of this week) but have heard nothing so far!
Anybody else?

Gave up my seat here. Best wishes to all of you!

Withdrew my acceptance here as well. Hope it goes to one of you! GL to all!

Reactions: 2 users
So bummed... Interviewed on 12/9 and I'm wait listed. I loved this school and thought my interview went well. This is the third school I am wait listed at and I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me or my interview skills. Does anyone know Patti's cell phone number?

nvm gfxneo just saw your older post lol, I'm the 11th and I hope I get accepted this week!

I interviewed 12/9 and definitely didn't get an email today. Whyyyy must I wait longer?!

Not sure haha. Idk when we are supposed to fill it out.
The applications are turned in December 1st usually. They want you to make sure you can successfully complete med school AND a MBA before you apply....first priority is becoming a physician they say. But after that, it's a good chance at being accepted.

So at the end of your first semester, if I wasn't very concise above lol

What is the application deadline for the SMP? In my thanks for your app, now you're on the waitlist email, it suggested applying to the one year accelerated Master's program. Is there a deadline for it? I can't find one on the website.

What is the application deadline for the SMP? In my thanks for your app, now you're on the waitlist email, it suggested applying to the one year accelerated Master's program. Is there a deadline for it? I can't find one on the website.

I was actually just looking for that now too and couldn't find it.

Accepted!!! Just found email in my junk mail ?! Was sent last week...
Tried not to worry the whole weekend with a movie marathon, and I could have known Friday...!!!! Oh well, that's alright, now winter break will be full of sunshine!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!! Just found email in my junk mail ?! Was sent last week...
Tried not to worry the whole weekend with a movie marathon, and I could have known Friday...!!!! Oh well, that's alright, now winter break will be full of sunshine!!!!!
Congrats fellow feline!