Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get this email?

"I have some great news for you. Based upon your success on the MCAT, I would like to invite you to apply to Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCUMB-COM). If you have already applied please click here.
This invitation to apply is being offered to a select group of students who show great potential. Because of this priority status, you can apply immediately via the AACOMAS application. Should you apply no later than September 30, 2014, you will receive the following benefits:

A fast tracked admission decision, within one week of receipt of your application from AACOMAS, for secondary application consideration.
Priority consideration for one of our coveted spots at our Interview Days.
Priority consideration for scholarships through our financial aid process."

I sent in my secondary a few weeks ago.. this also came in through the email I used for my MCAT (I used a seperate one for my AACOMAS/schools).
I'm so confused! I mean the email sounds promising, but also like it wasn't meant for me..

I received it, too. It is funny, though, because I was denied a secondary from KCUMB two days ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
So basically... it is meaningless I am guessing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just read the fine print, and apparently we all "opted in" while taking the MCAT.. I have no idea what I opted into! Maybe I should start reading instead of just clicking "yes I agree to the terms"

Whatever we clicked on, I highly doubt it gives us "fast track to secondaries, ii, scholarships" since SpaceBuff wasn't even offered a secondary. :(

I just read the fine print, and apparently we all "opted in" while taking the MCAT.. I have no idea what I opted into! Maybe I should start reading instead of just clicking "yes I agree to the terms"

Whatever we clicked on, I highly doubt it gives us "fast track to secondaries, ii, scholarships" since SpaceBuff wasn't even offered a secondary. :(

I'm not applying to this school but decided to look at this thread to see if was special or not.

Determination: Not special.

Reactions: 1 user
:( I got that email too and I was so excited! Bummer

I was AACOMAS verified on 7/30, but I have yet to receive a secondary. Is this normal?

Well talk about adding insult to injury, got that email after being rejected too.

Just got that email, not applying here. I was actually turned off by the school by seeing the prompts just now lol.

Yeah I just received it too and was actually excited. I don't quite understand why they would send this and then reject people they sent it to...

Maybe somebody hit the wrong button at admissions HQ?

Just got that email, not applying here. I was actually turned off by the school by seeing the prompts just now lol.

Would you mind expanding on this a bit? I kinda felt the same way but I still went ahead and applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received the email....I thought I was special.....I am sad.

KCUMB is playing with my heart with emails! Today I got a "friendly reminder to submit my secondary".... eehh I submitted that 2 weeks ago! Did this go to everyone or should I be concerned they never got my secondary? Also, I never got an email saying that I am complete/under review- is there such a thing for KCUMB?

KCUMB is playing with my heart with emails! Today I got a "friendly reminder to submit my secondary".... eehh I submitted that 2 weeks ago! Did this go to everyone or should I be concerned they never got my secondary? Also, I never got an email saying that I am complete/under review- is there such a thing for KCUMB?
Yea it takes time. I just got my complete email yesterday and I submitted all of my materials on the 18th of July.

Yea it takes time. I just got my complete email yesterday and I submitted all of my materials on the 18th of July.
Okay, thanks :) Did you ever get an email like this while you were waiting though? I don't want to keep emailing them and taking more time away from actually getting to the secondaries.

No, I got the same "friendly reminder" email too, I submitted Sunday night. It sucks that there is no application status page when you log back in, I've paid an everything but I don't really have any way of knowing how long until I am complete.

Okay, thanks :) Did you ever get an email like this while you were waiting though? I don't want to keep emailing them and taking more time away from actually getting to the secondaries.
You know, I am one of the few that received no such spam emails that they have sent out recently. I submitted the stuff in July and then waited and heard nothing. I emailed them on Monday just asking if there was anything else I could do, basically just checking to make sure that they have at least received everything. They emailed later that day and said that they were "still reviewing the materials on my application." Thats all they said... I then got a confirmation yesterday saying "we received your secondary." Then 2 minutes later I received another email saying "your file is complete, we will make our decision on your application within the next 2 weeks."

It is pretty strange... but at least if they really do get back to me within the two weeks, I wouldnt be able to complain. That is better than DMU who got all of my stuff and gave me the email saying that my application is complete, but then just having me sit here for nearly 4 weeks now waiting for anything and seeing people with lower stats than me get interview invites.

Reactions: 1 users
No, I got the same "friendly reminder" email too, I submitted Sunday night. It sucks that there is no application status page when you log back in, I've paid an everything but I don't really have any way of knowing how long until I am complete.
Yeah I agree the portals to check statuses are the way to go! I guess I just don't see this as a "friendly reminder" to people who have already submitted but not yet processed and complete. It is a strange limbo we are in.

Submitted 08/07, Complete 08/14. Thinking a week is pretty typical. They said it would be reviewed within two weeks, which seems to be a quick turn around?

Submitted 08/07, Complete 08/14. Thinking a week is pretty typical. They said it would be reviewed within two weeks, which seems to be a quick turn around?
This does not make me feel better...

When you guys submitted your payment, did you get two odd looking receipt emails? One right after the other?

Have most people actually received a decision (interview invite or regrets) in the 2 week time period after receiving the "complete" email?

And is it two actual weeks from the date received, or 14 business days (which would be more like 3 weeks).

Anal questions but wanting to plan some other things around it!

Has anyone interviewing heard back from the office about accommodating travel arrangements?

I heard back about an interview within about two to three weeks from being complete and receiving that email. But I also submitted my secondary within the week it was released.

I haven't heard anything about accommodating travel though....not sure any school accommodates anything?

I got this email as well. Called them and found out that somehow my secondary never got put with the rest of my materials but they were so nice on the phone and took care of it right then. Give them a call, seriously, every person I talked to was awesome.

Have most people actually received a decision (interview invite or regrets) in the 2 week time period after receiving the "complete" email?

And is it two actual weeks from the date received, or 14 business days (which would be more like 3 weeks).

Anal questions but wanting to plan some other things around it!

Yeah. I got my complete email on 8/11 and received an interview today 8/14. The turn around was only 3 days. Very impressive!

Yeah. I got my complete email on 8/11 and received an interview today 8/14. The turn around was only 3 days. Very impressive!
If only my jealousy could be accurately conveyed via SDN.... Congrats!!

Guys it's only August. I didn't even apply until September last year. Relax before you all get gray hair. You will have plenty of time to freak out next year when you start school.

Reactions: 3 users
I heard back about an interview within about two to three weeks from being complete and receiving that email. But I also submitted my secondary within the week it was released.

I haven't heard anything about accommodating travel though....not sure any school accommodates anything?

I just meant giving people who have earlier flights back home earlier interview slots. I read on last year's thread that they will do that. I guess I'll just not stress about it and wait until interview day to see what happens.

I just meant giving people who have earlier flights back home earlier interview slots. I read on last year's thread that they will do that. I guess I'll just not stress about it and wait until interview day to see what happens.
Oh, my bad! I thought you meant cost-wise and I was like ummm...no? Haha. But yeah I'm sure they're willing to accommodate and that's probably why they ask for travel information =] I hope it works out for you though!

Finally submitted today. Looks like a top-notch school! :)

Does anyone know the number interviewed and accepted?

How long does it take to get the complete email btw?

How long does it take to get the complete email btw?

I got my "received secondary" and "complete file" emails at the exact same time. I don't remember the exact day I submitted, but it was within the previous 4 business days.

Got an interview invite a few minutes ago. The earliest available interview date was September 4th, so they don't seem to be too far along in the process if that gives others some hope. I submitted by secondary on 8/3. I got a "secondary received" email reminding me to submit my letters on 8/12 (they were already in). Got an "application complete and under review" email on 8/13. II today (8/20). 3.6ish cGPA, 3.9ish sGPA, 32 MCAT (8/12/12).

Giving up my interview here! Hope it goes to one of you guys waiting to hear back!

Got myself an interview invite. I am going to the 9/10 interview. I know it seems kind of sketch, but I am looking for shave off some money from the trip, anyone (preferably male - I think my wife would kill me if I roomed with a female), willing to split a hotel with me?

Reactions: 5 users
Got myself an interview invite. I am going to the 9/10 interview. I know it seems kind of sketch, but I am looking for shave off some money from the trip, anyone (preferably male - I think my wife would kill me if I roomed with a female), willing to split a hotel with me?

I am willing! PM me!

Congrats everyone who got an II!

I was hoping to be in the same boat. . . guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for now.

Complete 8/12. 3.38 sGPA, 3.45 cGPA, 31 (10,11,10) MCAT.

Of course, I spoke entirely too soon. Just got an II!

Reactions: 3 users
ii!!! Scheduled for 9/10! Super excited!

Reactions: 2 users