Kansas State c/o 2018 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If it takes us till feburary 1st to hear I might loose it :( brain please stop panicking!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I decided to decline my interview invite. I hope one of you gets the interview slot!!!

I know it's a stretch, but does anyone happen to have an interview at Missouri the same weekend? I have an interview at k state on Saturday 1/4 and Missouri on Sunday 1/5. I'm thinking of renting a car in Kansas City or St. Louis on Friday and driving to both, returning it on Sunday evening. Anyone in the same boat interested in splitting the cost of a rental car?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have decided that I am probably not getting an interview since I haven't heard anything by now. :(

So I have decided that I am probably not getting an interview since I haven't heard anything by now. :(
If it helps, when I emailed them about declining my invite I got an automated response saying they were out of the office until after the holidays. So I'm sure a few things will shift around once they get back in the office/more people start declining after they hear from other schools.
Good luck to you!

If it helps, when I emailed them about declining my invite I got an automated response saying they were out of the office until after the holidays. So I'm sure a few things will shift around once they get back in the office/more people start declining after they hear from other schools.
Good luck to you!
I am 99% sure I am going to decline my invite too since I got into another school - so there's another opening for you! Don't fret yet

Reactions: 1 user
I am 99% sure I am going to decline my invite too since I got into another school - so there's another opening for you! Don't fret yet
Me too actually! Best of luck to those still waiting for interviews! :)

So sorry to everyone who is waiting to hear about interviews. I'm really hating this waiting process. Last year people starting hearing 12/24. Well the mail came and nothing...... I can't take it anymore. I'm so overwhelmed and don't want to sound dramatic but I need to know!!!

So sorry to everyone who is waiting to hear about interviews. I'm really hating this waiting process. Last year people starting hearing 12/24. Well the mail came and nothing...... I can't take it anymore. I'm so overwhelmed and don't want to sound dramatic but I need to know!!!

Nothing here either :(

I have declined my interview offer so hopefully one of you on this thread will get one. Best of luck!

Hey folks, if you haven't heard anything yet, you sure as heck won't hear it today or tomorrow. So relax, kick back, and enjoy the holiday. That's what it's for right :).

Happy holidays everyone, and best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear :luck:

I remember seeing a link for interview questions before, but I can't for the life of me remember which thread it was =[ Can anyone send me a link so I can prepare for my interview next week?

Members don't see this ad :)
alright folks its getting down to interview crunch time. I am flying into MCI in Kansas City and will be getting there at 4 PM Friday the third. I'm renting a car and driving to Manhattan from there. I'm leaving from MCI on Sunday the fifth at 3 PM. If anyone loosely fits this bill and would like to split the rental car with me, it'll be about 50 bucks or so. If no one wants to, then best of luck to everyone going this weekend and I will see you there!

It's interview week for many of us!!!! Good luck to everyone!!! We've got this!!! See many of you there on the 4th

Reactions: 2 users
I am so not prepared for this interview and I woke up sick on Saturday. I feel like death and all I want to do is sleep. :yuck:

is the interview a behavioral based interview or a blind interview based on your application? how does this work exactly?

is the interview a behavioral based interview or a blind interview based on your application? how does this work exactly?
It's open file so be prepared to answer questions about your application.

I'm applying here again and had an interview last year. The facility is really nice and my dad came with me and was SUPER excited about it haha. Good luck everyone!
I have an interview at Kansas and I was wondering if you had any advice on how to prepare and what kind of questions they asked

Got some bad (but still hopeful?) news today. At this time I am not selected for an interview at this time, my application is still active for review. Waiting on two more schools still so I'm not down and out just yet. :shy: I give my best wishes to you all interviewing this week and next!! Cheers, friends!

Got some bad (but still hopeful?) news today. At this time I am not selected for an interview at this time, my application is still active for review. Waiting on two more schools still so I'm not down and out just yet. :shy: I give my best wishes to you all interviewing this week and next!! Cheers, friends!
Did they email you to let you know? I haven't heard anything from them yet so I'm curious. Good luck with your other schools!!!

Did they email you to let you know? I haven't heard anything from them yet so I'm curious. Good luck with your other schools!!!

Yes, at about 4 o'clock. Someone else commented about a bad news email from Iowa State. When I checked I didn't find that bad news, but KSU's. Bums me out, but still glad to hear about the active file until class is filled policy to it.

Thank you for the support! I hope you hear good things from KSU and any other schools!! :)

To everyone interviewing, if you're bringing someone with you, are they coming with you at your interview time or coming a little later??

To everyone interviewing, if you're bringing someone with you, are they coming with you at your interview time or coming a little later??

I figured we would meander around campus until it gets closer to the interview time. I'm not sure if it would be weird having them wait with you. I mean, it's not like they're going in with you so why does it matter if they wait around with you?

I figured we would meander around campus until it gets closer to the interview time. I'm not sure if it would be weird having them wait with you. I mean, it's not like they're going in with you so why does it matter if they wait around with you?
Where you check in (Mara conference) will have tables and chairs set up with some snacks and refreshments and student ambassadors hanging around. I'd imagine some folks just waited around in there; once I checked in my parents wished me luck and went and hung out at Starbucks until I was done and they picked me up.

I just wanted to wish all of you who are interviewing this weekend the best of luck!

I just wanted to wish all of you who are interviewing this weekend the best of luck!
Thank you! Just got checked in to the hotel after some interesting events at one hotel we switched hotels. Fun fun stuff!! Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

Im on the east coast and therefore my flight to Kansas City today (along with all other flights) was cancelled. Fortunately, I was accepted to my in-state school yesterday so I am declining my interview. I hope someone on here gets the interview. Good luck to everyone in Manhattan this weekend!!

Im on the east coast and therefore my flight to Kansas City today (along with all other flights) was cancelled. Fortunately, I was accepted to my in-state school yesterday so I am declining my interview. I hope someone on here gets the interview. Good luck to everyone in Manhattan this weekend!!
I flew out yesterday just incase of any weather and cancelations!! Congrats on getting accepted elsewhere!!!

Just got here, long day, ending at a lovely motel 6 haha. Good luck tomorrow I hope to see some of you at the pizza deal!

All the flights were cancelled and I won't be making it to my interview :cryi: They're going to see if they can squeeze me in to the next weekend they do interviews.

Thank you! Just got checked in to the hotel after some interesting events at one hotel we switched hotels. Fun fun stuff!! Good luck to everyone this weekend!!
What hotel did you end up at? ...Since I had to cancel my reservations and will *hopefully* making a new one I'm curious to see which hotel you liked better.

OMG sjfnieurbhvw0ieurhgjdfvjkbasdovgw0xdjvbieufbvap I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a letter in the mail today! I totally wasn't expecting anything (go figure), and so I left my house before the mail even came. I just got home and found a small letter from KSU!! I am OOS. FREAKING OUT. :biglove:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE INTERVIEWING!!

Reactions: 15 users
What hotel did you end up at? ...Since I had to cancel my reservations and will *hopefully* making a new one I'm curious to see which hotel you liked better.
I started off at the four points Sheraton and it was awful!! They were in no way prepared to have people staying there so we left before we even got into our room and moved to the holiday inn. It's a typical hotel but served the purpose that we needed it to.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year and it was very nice with a warm continental breakfast.

CONGRATS SbLove!! Second time is a charm! So happy and excited for you! I know that you have a few interviews lined up other than KSU. Is Kansas it? Although I've never been out there, I hear that Kansas has a fantastic program. Good for you! It's great to see the 'second timers' get their due :) This made me happy this morning.

CONGRATS SbLove!! Second time is a charm! So happy and excited for you! I know that you have a few interviews lined up other than KSU. Is Kansas it? Although I've never been out there, I hear that Kansas has a fantastic program. Good for you! It's great to see the 'second timers' get their due :) This made me happy this morning.
Thank you SO much, Lab Vet!!!!! I really liked KSU, but I am still going to attend other interviews. We shall see! Thank you for being so supportive! Can't wait for your acceptances :)

Here's hoping :) Good luck on the rest of your interviews. You'll do great ;)

Congrats, sblove! Here's hoping we see you at ksu next year!

Interview was super chill. If you remember what is on your application and didn't lie you will be fine :) just in case anyone was interested

I hate this whole waiting game now!! At least they have a quick turn around but still waiting is so hard!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, sblove! Here's hoping we see you at ksu next year!
Thank you soooo much everyone!!!! It really means a lot! :love:

@evilsquirrel, sorry to hear about your flight :( keeping my fingers crossed for you!

:soexcited: They have agreed to see me Sunday the 19th at 8:00 AM. How long does the process take? Do they do like day tours or can I do that on Saturday? The only flights out are at like 12:00 PM. :meh:

Although I am very worried they will have chosen all of their students by then :cryi:

:soexcited: They have agreed to see me Sunday the 19th at 8:00 AM. How long does the process take? Do they do like day tours or can I do that on Saturday? The only flights out are at like 12:00 PM. :meh:

Although I am very worried they will have chosen all of their students by then :cryi:
Yay!! I'm so glad you're going to get your interview. I had a heck of a time getting home from there! The interview takes 30 mins. They did tours after almost every interview session those took about an hour. If you're flying out of manhattan I think you'll have plenty of time to interview and tour and make your flight. If you're flying out of Kansas City maybe email or call them to see if you can tour the day before. It's about a 2 hour drive between Kansas City and the school. Don't worry that they've picked everyone you have the same shot that all of us have!! You'll do great!!

Yay!! I'm so glad you're going to get your interview. I had a heck of a time getting home from there! The interview takes 30 mins. They did tours after almost every interview session those took about an hour. If you're flying out of manhattan I think you'll have plenty of time to interview and tour and make your flight. If you're flying out of Kansas City maybe email or call them to see if you can tour the day before. It's about a 2 hour drive between Kansas City and the school. Don't worry that they've picked everyone you have the same shot that all of us have!! You'll do great!!
You could probably also do the tour on Saturday anyway if you'd prefer. It's not a scheduled formality or anything (I showed up well before my interview time in street clothes for it and then came back later).

Interview was 30 minutes, tour was an hour. They have the ambassadors chillin waiting for people to get out of interviews and then take groups on tours (like 5-6 people interview every half hour, so you would probably just tour with them). And like FS said, if you want to tour on Saturday, you can just show up anytime and do one. They are really chill about it.

Also, if you're flying out of Manhattan, you would probably be fine just touring Sunday after your interview, because that airport is tiny. If you're doing KCI (or MCI, whatever), then I would probably tour Saturday so you can leave to drive right after your interview (2 hours in fair weather).