Kansas State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's definitely traditional! I recommend looking over the questions in the interview feedback section on here, pretty much all of what they asked me was either from there, or specific to my app. It is very conversational and they really try to put you at ease. I think my interview went okay, there were a couple questions I kind of fumbled. It lasted more like 15 minutes, but I don't know if that's a bad thing or not. They seemed to really like me and want me to come here, and one of my interviewers even came up to me afterwards and said I did a good job! Maybe they say stuff like that to everyone though lol. Regardless Dr. Elmore said we should hear back by the first week of February!

Thank you so much that's very helpful! I think I'll be much more comfortable with a traditional interview! Can you direct me to the interview feedback section? I'm not super familiar with student doctor network! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am so excited for my interview. I would say I just want January 30th to get here but my Husband and I are honeymooning in Australia at the beginning of the year. So I wish that time would go slow and then the interview would hurry and get here lol. Only in a perfect world lol, because you know the vacation is gunna fly by and the rest of the month will drag on :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the retake grade policy? I can't find it on the website. Probably looking in all the wrong places.

So they calculate your gpa using the repeat grade not the original grade? That makes me so happy!!!

Someone may have already asked this, but does K State require us to send our Fall 2015 transcripts? I'm unable to find this info on the website, and I can't find their email either. Please let me know! Thanks!

Someone may have already asked this, but does K State require us to send our Fall 2015 transcripts? I'm unable to find this info on the website, and I can't find their email either. Please let me know! Thanks!

Their email didn't say anything about sending fall transcripts. It would probably be best to email Dr. Elmore.

My plan is to have an official copy sent to myself and bring it to the interview. I figure if everyone is sending them, they may not be sorted into our files by the time we interview. I did well this semester and I want them to see how I did. Since it's an open file interview, I might as well bring the sealed official transcript to ensure they have the most up to date file.

As of three years ago, they didn't require Fall transcripts. I made it a point of asking. They just had you send them after your Spring grades/ degree was posted.

Also, just found this on the FAQ page for you: "I am applying for admission in the fall. I was wondering when you would like fall transcripts to be sent to K-State by?
We do not require that fall transcripts be sent to us. We do require newly admitted students to send us final transcripts following posting of grades after the end of the spring semester."
http://www.vet.k-state.edu/admissions/faq.html

Last edited:
My plan is to have an official copy sent to myself and bring it to the interview. I figure if everyone is sending them, they may not be sorted into our files by the time we interview. I did well this semester and I want them to see how I did. Since it's an open file interview, I might as well bring the sealed official transcript to ensure they have the most up to date file.
You can bring it, and it won't hurt to bring it, but I'm doubtful that you'll need it. I brought mine with me, but left it all in the waiting area because the ambassadors told me that I wouldn't need it. When I interviewed, they just asked me how my grades had turned out for the semester and didn't bother asking for transcripts.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I realize they would've said something in the invite email if I needed it, but I'm going to bring it anyway. I already submitted a request to my school so I might as well bring it since I'll have it.

No they do NOT require fall transcripts. I emailed Dr. Elmore already just to be sure, and he said that they do not.

Also, in state people could be getting letters as early as NEXT WEEK just in case any other in state people were curious :D

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited: OOS if anyone's curious. Third time really is the charm! My mom cried on the phone, she was so happy for me lol. I'm still waiting to hear from a couple other schools, but I would be very happy if K State is it!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted as OOS! but I'll most likely decline the offer, give my seat to someone else. Good luck to everyone else :)

Any IS receive anything? I think they only send us letters in the mail. Not sure though

So jealous! Congrats you guys. Hoping its still possible to get good news

There is still a whole other set of interviews on January 16th! Hopefully they fill half or so with the first set and save half of the spots for the second set. Otherwise the later interviews get the short end of the stick :(

OH MY GOD! I somehow overlooked my email...I've been accepted! So excited! :banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 5 users
There is still a whole other set of interviews on January 16th! Hopefully they fill half or so with the first set and save half of the spots for the second set. Otherwise the later interviews get the short end of the stick :(

That isn't how it works. They plan on interviewing about 300 OOS people, and so they plan to accept X number of people from each interview weekend to give everyone a fair shot. Then they waitlist Y number of people from each interview weekend to cover the people they think would be good fits, but didn't rank high enough to warrant an acceptance.

That isn't how it works. They plan on interviewing about 300 OOS people, and so they plan to accept X number of people from each interview weekend to give everyone a fair shot. Then they waitlist Y number of people from each interview weekend to cover the people they think would be good fits, but didn't rank high enough to warrant an acceptance.

Yeah thats what I meant. 50% was an arbitrary number. But as you said they save X number of seats from each set of interviews to make it fair instead of filling each spot during the first interview correct?

Yeah thats what I meant. 50% was an arbitrary number. But as you said they save X number of seats from each set of interviews to make it fair instead of filling each spot during the first interview correct?

That's how it works from my understanding. And once you get an interview, you have a pretty high chance of acceptance or wait list positions. They'll accept between 100- 120 and then wait list around another 50-70. So you have about a 2/3 chance of having some sort of positive letter.

It is exciting seeing the new class form! Good luck to you all!

So I'm assuming if we have no heard yet we are denied.... Has anyone else not heard?

So I'm assuming if we have no heard yet we are denied.... Has anyone else not heard?

I have not heard as well

So this happened last year. What Kansas state started doing last year is that they sent out initial interview invites and rejections. Anyone who hasn't heard was basically wait listed to be interviewed. So at this point, we are not rejected and may get an interview after they do these interview weekends.

So this happened last year. What Kansas state started doing last year is that they sent out initial interview invites and rejections. Anyone who hasn't heard was basically wait listed to be interviewed. So at this point, we are not rejected and may get an interview after they do these interview weekends.
Whats the likelihood of that happening though? Your saying they may have additional interview weekends if need be? I feel like that is such a long shot :/

Whats the likelihood of that happening though? Your saying they may have additional interview weekends if need be? I feel like that is such a long shot :/

They ended up actually doing another batch of interviews last year after the final weekend. But only one person from SDN actually received one of those emails. I also never received a straight up rejection letter either, which is what happened when I interviewed the year before.

They ended up actually doing another batch of interviews last year after the final weekend. But only one person from SDN actually received one of those emails. I also never received a straight up rejection letter either, which is what happened when I interviewed the year before.
Mhm so they don't really send out rejections.. That's so odd? How many people were in that second patch after the known interview weekend ?

When I called them in December they said everyone should know there status by the end of January. So maybe if there was another weekend it be sent out before then?

Mhm so they don't really send out rejections.. That's so odd? How many people were in that second patch after the known interview weekend ?

They did send out a ton of rejections before interviews. And people do get rejected after they interviewed as well. I believe they interviewed another 30-40 more people if I remember correctly.

When I called them in December they said everyone should know there status by the end of January. So maybe if there was another weekend it be sent out before then?

Last year, the person who got the additional interview weekend heard either very late January or very early February and the interview weekend was mid-february I believe.

They did send out a ton of rejections before interviews. And people do get rejected after they interviewed as well. I believe they interviewed another 30-40 more people if I remember correctly.

Last year, the person who got the additional interview weekend heard either very late January or very early February and the interview weekend was mid-february I believe.
Interesting this I did not know. Do you know how many people they keep on the "waitlist"

My interview is on the 16th, I was wondering if anyone is flying into Manhattan on the 15th. I have a layover in Chicago on the 15th, wondering if I would meet anyone from SDN?

My interview is on the 16th, I was wondering if anyone is flying into Manhattan on the 15th. I have a layover in Chicago on the 15th, wondering if I would meet anyone from SDN?
I am flying in on the 15th! But my interview isn't until the afternoon on the 17th.
I am arriving at like 5ish then taking the shuttle to the hotel. What's your plan?

Have any of the accepted students received their "official" letter by mail yet?

I got my official letter of acceptance in the mail today! IT'S REAL!!

Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend. You will do great :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Does anyone know what the tour situation is on interview day? I cannot seem to find anything.