Kansas State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the tour situation is on interview day? I cannot seem to find anything.

There are tours all day long. If you are interested in a tour you can ask one of the students to take you on one at the end of your interview- they will likely wait to see if anyone else from your interview group is interested in going too. Also, if parents are going with you then you can take them up to the conference room with you- there's plenty of space for them to sit and there are snacks and beverages :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My interview isn't until 2pm, what are the chances there will be tours before that? I'd like to go on a tour dressed warn instead of in interview attire.

My interview isn't until 2pm, what are the chances there will be tours before that? I'd like to go on a tour dressed warn instead of in interview attire.

There will definitely be tours before then. You don't really have to worry about being warm, though. I went in my interview suit and I was fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone from one of the previous interview sessions fly into the Manhattan airport? I'm flying in tomorrow morning and leaving Sunday evening and I just want to ask about the transportation situation. I called K-state a little while ago and they said they shuttle interview students from the airport to their hotels but I haven't heard anything else about that so I wanted to make sure it was true

Did anyone from one of the previous interview sessions fly into the Manhattan airport? I'm flying in tomorrow morning and leaving Sunday evening and I just want to ask about the transportation situation. I called K-state a little while ago and they said they shuttle interview students from the airport to their hotels but I haven't heard anything else about that so I wanted to make sure it was true
I don't think the school itself provides shuttles to and from the airport. I know that KState provides shuttles to and from hotel rooms and campus for interview days/the pizza party, but I assumed that we were on our own for the airport transportation.

There are several different shuttles to choose from, and I booked my shuttle in advance through an online reservation system.

I'm actually flying in tomorrow for my interview on Sunday, so I could be wrong. Maybe someone who has interviewed already can confirm.

At my interview in December, I do remember them asking those who needed rides to their hotels or elsewhere to let them know. So I do think they assist with transportation, but I'm not sure how it's orchestrated.

I don't think the school itself provides shuttles to and from the airport. I know that KState provides shuttles to and from hotel rooms and campus for interview days/the pizza party, but I assumed that we were on our own for the airport transportation.

There are several different shuttles to choose from, and I booked my shuttle in advance through an online reservation system.

I'm actually flying in tomorrow for my interview on Sunday, so I could be wrong. Maybe someone who has interviewed already can confirm.

Just a heads up- Sunday is supposed to be pretty cold! Not sure where you're from so I thought I'd let you know :)

Just a heads up- Sunday is supposed to be pretty cold! Not sure where you're from so I thought I'd let you know :)
Thank you for the heads up! I checked the weather and it's supposed to be a high of 12F on Sunday.
Uhm... Yeah, I'm born and raised in California. I am just a tad scared of the cold... This will be fun.

Anybody doing anything Friday night other than panicking about interviews the next day?

Thank you for the heads up! I checked the weather and it's supposed to be a high of 12F on Sunday.
Uhm... Yeah, I'm born and raised in California. I am just a tad scared of the cold... This will be fun.

Only 12? Heh. I remember first year shoveling my drive way in -14 one January morning. Unusually cold yeah but, anything above 0 isn't too bad ;)

Interview the 16th at 3:30
My flight pattern will land in KS around 10pm. Does anyone else have a lay over in Chicago O'Harr airport from 5-8?

Just in case anyone was looking for an update-it turns out most of the hotels have complementary shuttles from the airport. They have a list of the shuttle services on the way out of the Manhattan airport. Of course they also have rental cars but if you're like me and are under 25 thats kind of not an option. There was no one from Kansas state giving rides that I noticed.

When I got to Manhattan airport at 3pm, there was a student from the vet school with a sign offering rides for anyone there for interviews. I thought it was really nice! Especially since our flight ran into problems and we were originally supposed to land no later than 1:45pm!
So I guess it depends what time of day you arrive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got done with my interview! I loved the experience at this school! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how acceptance or rejection letters will work for those of us who interview the weekend of January 30th? because they are sayng everyone should know their status by the end of January but the interview is at the end of January? This is my last chance to get in this year so I am really hopeful that I will get good news and not the short end of the stick.

I'm guessing we'll here early February then? But all of the other interview groups will know by the end of January is my guess.

Reactions: 1 users
This weekend, Dr. Elmore said letters would go out no later than the end of the first week in February, or sooner! I'm not sure if that was only referring to those of us who interviewed this past weekend, but I'm sure it'll be sometime around there for everyone!

Does anyone know how acceptance or rejection letters will work for those of us who interview the weekend of January 30th? because they are sayng everyone should know their status by the end of January but the interview is at the end of January? This is my last chance to get in this year so I am really hopeful that I will get good news and not the short end of the stick.

I'm pretty sure it's the 1st or 2nd week of February

I would guess that you find out either around then or maybe a little bit later. It sounds like each of the interview groups are slightly staggered. Some people already know they're accepted, while we just had our interviews this weekend, so I imagine that it would be something like that.

I heard back exactly 10 days after my interview if that helps. Dr. Elmore told those of us that interviewed in December we would hear back by February 1st, so that was way sooner than I expected. I imagine the timeline will be roughly the same for each group, but I guess we'll see.

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites for the Jan 29th interview? OOS applicant!

When can I expect my rejection email?
I am in the same boat, like I obviously dont have an interview lol. But from what i was told, they have had interviews after the last scheduled date in the past. So i guess right now they pretty much are keeping you on a "waitlist"

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites for the Jan 29th interview? OOS applicant!
I think that the interviews for the weekend of the 29th have been sent out but they have done extra interview weekends in the past if they don't have enough OOS students that accepted their invitation. My fingers are crossed for you

When can I expect my rejection email?

Ditto. Haven't heard anything from Kansas State so a rejection is pretty much imminent.

I am in the same boat, like I obviously dont have an interview lol. But from what i was told, they have had interviews after the last scheduled date in the past. So i guess right now they pretty much are keeping you on a "waitlist"

If you guys are saying that you haven't heard at all, I haven't heard either and it's because they have a "waitlist to waitlist" group as of last year. You aren't rejected yet. They're waiting to see how interviews turn out and they may have another interview weekend. I was never officially rejected last cycle and we might not officially be rejected this year.

If you guys are saying that you haven't heard at all, I haven't heard either and it's because they have a "waitlist to waitlist" group as of last year. You aren't rejected yet. They're waiting to see how interviews turn out and they may have another interview weekend. I was never officially rejected last cycle and we might not officially be rejected this year.
Well then. That makes me feel a bit better. Still not expecting the best, though.

So they never reject you? So you'll never hear from Kstate. That's a little weird

So they never reject you? So you'll never hear from Kstate. That's a little weird

I never was last year. It's pretty much like being on a wait list

Dr. Elmore said they will let you know either way. Acceptance, wait list, or "thanks, but not this year", as he so lovingly put it! Hopefully they let us know... it's kind of strange to just leave people hanging with nothing.

I emailed the admissions office yesterday and asked a few questions about the pizza party and the tours. I also asked when they will be letting the applicants know about their status from the weekend of January 30th and I was told that all applicants will be informed of their status early in February.

Dr. Elmore said they will let you know either way. Acceptance, wait list, or "thanks, but not this year", as he so lovingly put it! Hopefully they let us know... it's kind of strange to just leave people hanging with nothing.
I think that's just referring to people who interviewed. But I agree it's weird.

I emailed the admissions office yesterday and asked a few questions about the pizza party and the tours. I also asked when they will be letting the applicants know about their status from the weekend of January 30th and I was told that all applicants will be informed of their status early in February.
Damn, when he said we'd find out around the end of January/no later than the first week in February, I was really rooting for January. Oh well.

Damn, when he said we'd find out around the end of January/no later than the first week in February, I was really rooting for January. Oh well.
Yeah it looks like the first week of February

For people interviewing the weekend of the 30th? I mean, hearing back the day of or the next day would be awesome, but really unlikely.

I'm assuming just the 16/17 interviewees will know at this time... But I would imagine the people on the 30/31 will hear mid- to late-February, it seems the turn around time for accepting students is relatively quick! I can't believe we could know in TWO WEEKS!

Interviewed on the 16th! Just received my acceptance!! Not sure what I"ll do yet since I'm a Missouri resident and waiting to hear from Mizzou but I was so impressed with K state!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on the 16th! Just received my acceptance!! Not sure what I"ll do yet since I'm a Missouri resident and waiting to hear from Mizzou but I was so impressed with K state!
How did you receive your acceptance? (phone/email/mail?)

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! OOS applicant, interviewed 1/17, snail mail letter, dated 1/19. Still waiting to hear on my IS school, I'm an Iowa resident, so I'll have to wait and see what happens with that. I LOVED Kansas State though, I'd be proud to call myself a Wildcat!

Reactions: 4 users
My house didn't get mail today because of the blizzard haha. Guess I'll have to wait until Monday.

Congrats to all of you that are getting all of your acceptances! I know it's pretty early, but I just wanted to throw this housing opportunity out to you all. I will have two bedrooms available in a 3 bedroom duplex starting July 1. I will be a 4th year. I have one small dog, and would prefer any other pets be ≤50 lb, but I am willing to consider larger pets. Any other pets must be cleared by the management company. Appliances include dishwasher and on-site washer and dryer. Rent is $427/mo plus utilities. PM me if you're interested.

Good luck to all of you who have yet to hear or are still waiting to interview!

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! OOS applicant, interviewed 1/17, snail mail letter, dated 1/19. Still waiting to hear on my IS school, I'm an Iowa resident, so I'll have to wait and see what happens with that. I LOVED Kansas State though, I'd be proud to call myself a Wildcat!
Congrats! I interviewed the same day too, but also stuck in the snowstorm. Don't know when we will get our mail. :confused: