Kansas State Class of 2019!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:wideyed::eek::scared::arghh:
My facial expressions in that exact order after reading that invites are going out already.....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I will be there with you! Got my invite for 12/21 :). And the pizza party on 12/20 :p (OOS for those who are wondering)
Did I not get invited to the pizza party??
Also, I just got my e-mail verifying that they received my VMCAS app. It says interview invites will go out Nov. & Dec.
Weird.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, I just got my e-mail verifying that they received my VMCAS app. It says interview invites will go out Nov. & Dec.
Weird.
Not sure, it's scheduled for the night of the 20th. And we apparently have to RSVP for it to reserve spots for family members that may be with us. It could be an OOS thing only? :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird.

Haha yeah! I got my interview invite on Tuesday, but today an email saying your app has been completed? Lol talk about out of order! I almost called KSU to check on it, but then I figured that would be crazy on my part :confused: Congrats btw guys! Good luck!~

Not sure, it's scheduled for the night of the 20th. And we apparently have to RSVP for it to reserve spots for family members that may be with us. It could be an OOS thing only? :shrug:

Last year, both OOS and IS people were at the pizza party we went to. You can probably just call and verify.

:wideyed::eek::scared::arghh:
My facial expressions in that exact order after reading that invites are going out already.....
exactly... with a little bit of crying and nausea also associated with it...

Still didn't not receive an email :(
I checked spam folder, deleted folder... Everything

Does anybody know when they send out rejection notifications???
Not sure if I will get rejected, my email got lost, or there is a delay...
Don't want to ask KSU because I'm worried of annoying then :-/

Still didn't not receive an email :(
I checked spam folder, deleted folder... Everything

Does anybody know when they send out rejection notifications???
Not sure if I will get rejected, my email got lost, or there is a delay...
Don't want to ask KSU because I'm worried of annoying then :-/
I haven't heard anything yet either. We're not alone!
I checked last year's thread about interview notifications and it looks like KSU sends them out in batches every few weeks. There were some people that got emails early in November, late in November and then kind of in the middle of December.

I haven't heard anything yet either. We're not alone!
I checked last year's thread about interview notifications and it looks like KSU sends them out in batches every few weeks. There were some people that got emails early in November, late in November and then kind of in the middle of December.
Glad to not be alone... This is so scary

I really like Kansas, the staff there is always so nice and I met them during one of the symposiums and fell in love with the school... Really had high hopes...

Glad to not be alone... This is so scary

I really like Kansas, the staff there is always so nice and I met them during one of the symposiums and fell in love with the school... Really had high hopes...
Don't use the past tense yet! Early days still. The e-mail I got from them confirming my supplemental materials says: "Applicants who will be invited for an interview will be notified in November or December."

Don't use the past tense yet! Early days still. The e-mail I got from them confirming my supplemental materials says: "Applicants who will be invited for an interview will be notified in November or December."
Awe, thank you :) you are so sweet.
Trying to stay positive.
Maybe I'm just freaking out... The next few week... months are going to be rough.

Awe, thank you :) you are so sweet.
Trying to stay positive.
Maybe I'm just freaking out... The next few week... months are going to be rough.
I totally agree. It's making it very hard to focus on all of the work I have to do presently when all I can think about is checking my email every five minutes.

Members don't see this ad :)
True... And having email access on your phone, and iPad during lecture does not help at all LOL

When my sister applied a good 8 years ago, she got her interview email at the very end of December, and she was accepted shortly afterward. Don't fret, there are still many more interview emails to come

Got my interview invite on October 28, but I didn't receive it on either email I had for them. Eventually Donna ended up calling me to make sure I still wanted to go to the interview. Did this happen to anyone else?
And I interviewed last year with KState and they were awesome and really relaxed! Definitely strange questions though.....it's nice hearing whether or not you got waitlisted/accepted/denied 3 weeks after your interview however.

it's nice hearing whether or not you got waitlisted/accepted/denied 3 weeks after your interview however.

That was something I really liked. I had a good timeline on when the waitlist/accepted/rejected letter would come, so I was prepared when it did.

Just got an interview email. OOS!

Reactions: 6 users
I just got my interview invite!!!!! It's on January 18, 11:45.

Ahhhh so excited!! Can't believe I made it to the interview! :soexcited:

Me too! January 18th at 1:30. How is this happening?!

Got my interview invite on October 28, but I didn't receive it on either email I had for them. Eventually Donna ended up calling me to make sure I still wanted to go to the interview. Did this happen to anyone else?
And I interviewed last year with KState and they were awesome and really relaxed! Definitely strange questions though.....it's nice hearing whether or not you got waitlisted/accepted/denied 3 weeks after your interview however.

What were the questions like? I'm trying to get prepared...
Thanks.

What were the questions like?
Thanks.

Well because I went to the pizza party the night before, they said they tailored their questions around that, which I find a little unfair tbh. Otherwise they would have asked questions (I'm assuming) like "What are your opinions on non-tracking programs?" and "What makes K-State unique?" because they went over this in the meeting the night before. If you have the interview before the pizza party, you're fine. Of course, I don't...again. lol.
The questions I got asked were a little strange, and no one else reported gotten asked these questions.
What does Ace stand for? Acetaminophen?
What is the most recent political scandal you've heard of?
What is a "designer breed" of dog?
I expected it to be more along the lines of "why are you unique" or "why are you choosing k state" etc, and I think I was thrown off guard. I prepared the wrong type of questions! I got wait-listed, which isn't bad, but I think I could have done better.

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely know the difference between animal rights and animal welfare, though.

TL;DR: know why PETA sucks. lol

Well because I went to the pizza party the night before, they said they tailored their questions around that, which I find a little unfair tbh. Otherwise they would have asked questions (I'm assuming) like "What are your opinions on non-tracking programs?" and "What makes K-State unique?" because they went over this in the meeting the night before. If you have the interview before the pizza party, you're fine. Of course, I don't...again. lol.
The questions I got asked were a little strange, and no one else reported gotten asked these questions.
What does Ace stand for? Acetaminophen?
What is the most recent political scandal you've heard of?
What is a "designer breed" of dog?
I expected it to be more along the lines of "why are you unique" or "why are you choosing k state" etc, and I think I was thrown off guard. I prepared the wrong type of questions! I got wait-listed, which isn't bad, but I think I could have done better.

Wow. Scary questions.

Wow. Scary questions.

Yeah that's why I'm frantically memorizing what every abbreviation for a drug's actual name is. I.e. Simplicef and that impossible to pronounce name...cefpodoxime?
Another question I remembered is "What are the 4 things only licensed veterinarians can do?"
I got 3/4 ):

Yeah that's why I'm frantically memorizing what every abbreviation for a drug's actual name is. I.e. Simplicef and that impossible to pronounce name...cefpodoxime?
Another question I remembered is "What are the 4 things only licensed veterinarians can do?"
I got 3/4 ):

Wow! But imagine when you answer that drug abbreviation question right I'm pretty sure they'll be hella impressed :D

Thanks for posting the questions up! Gives us a nice heads-up. :)

I got 3/4 ):
Oh god, what are they? I'm going to panic and blow this whole thing.

Oh god, what are they? I'm going to panic and blow this whole thing.

Don't panic! They are really nice. He informed me what they are and said most people don't usually get 3/4 anyways. They understand you aren't going to know everything so they are just trying to test your knowledge and opinions. They just want a well rounded candidate who is able to think on their feet.
And they are: treat patients, prescribe medications, perform surgery and diagnose.

Of course after the interview I was like DUH. oh well, live and learn.
Yeah, I am a bit surprised about a couple of those questions, but the name a current event bit is definitely familiar. Luckily you all have a number of great current events to choose from this year!

Being ready is good but just fyi that may not happen either. I had no questions at all like that, just talked about my application and experience

That's what I expected. But hey, at least I'll be more prepared this year in case I get a wild and crazy interview like that!

Wild and crazy as far as interviews go...

I was offered an interview!!! I am so excited. My interview is scheduled on the 18th at 8:30 am! It'll be great to see some of you at the pizza party.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/ksu-vet/survey/26#survey-result

Here is the page that SDN has whaere previous interviewers have posted their experiences at their interviews, including interview questions. I wasn't asked information based questions at all last year. All of my questions were based on my application or specific opinion questions (Why K-state and the difference between animal rights and animal welfare).

If we are an OOS should we be concerned at this point regarding getting an interview invite? Just wondering if anyone knew timelines for rejections, etc.... :(

If we are an OOS should we be concerned at this point regarding getting an interview invite? Just wondering if anyone knew timelines for rejections, etc.... :(
Apparently last year they were sending invites out in December as well.

I got an interview!!!! I'm OOS and interviewing in the morning on 1/18!! K-State is my top OOS choice, I'm so excited for this one!!

I'm new to this forum! I got an interview for 1/18 and am OOS. Crazy excited for this process :p

P.S. My invitation for an interview came in this past Friday

Last edited:
Just received an interview invite for 2/1! I'm so excited!

Just received an interview invite for 2/1! I'm so excited!

In-state or Outer of state if you don't mind my asking. If you're out of state, then the craziness of checking e-mails begins again. lol.