Kansas State Class of 2019!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cue the craziness.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got my interview invite for 1/31 OOS. This is actually happening!!

Does anyone know if K State does rolling admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Kansas does not do rolling admissions

I am amazed it is already time for class of 2019 interviews!! Congrats everyone

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who has not gotten an interview, it looks like invites were sent out around these dates last year: 11/1, 11/14, 11/22, 12/7, 12/13, and 12/22.

Reactions: 6 users
For anyone who has not gotten an interview, it looks like invites were sent out around these dates last year: 11/1, 11/14, 11/22, 12/7, 12/13, and 12/22.
I am slowly giving up hope here...

Last year they had only 3 interview weekends, do they have 2 waves of interview invites per weekend? That seems a little excessive..

Yeah I was looking...I interviewed at KSU last year and the dean of admissions said there was only 3 interview weekends. And the dates when they sent out interview offers were from 2 years ago it looks like....or maybe I'm just being pessimistic. :eyebrow:

Yeah I was looking...I interviewed at KSU last year and the dean of admissions said there was only 3 interview weekends. And the dates when they sent out interview offers were from 2 years ago it looks like....or maybe I'm just being pessimistic. :eyebrow:
I would bet that there's at least one more round of invites going out in December. Don't lose hope yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't lose hope yet!

I got an interview with the IS'ers (according to my friend who is in the c/o 2017) for December 22. I'm OOS. I'm just being a curious nosy person, as per usual. :)

Oh! Congrats! Sorry I was getting confused with who was posting lol

I got an interview with the IS'ers (according to my friend who is in the c/o 2017) for December 22. I'm OOS. I'm just being a curious nosy person, as per usual. :)
I think the 22 is actually an OOS day. IS I am pretty sure is the 21st at least from what my friends have gotten and what I have seen on here

I was totally wrong. Its actually December 21 lol. I'm flying back on December 22 that's why I have my dates mixed up.

Edit: If it matters, I'm on the Sunday on the interview weekend. I don't really care if I interview with OOS or IS, its just interesting that my friend said that.

I was totally wrong. Its actually December 21 lol. I'm flying back on December 22 that's why I have my dates mixed up.

Edit: If it matters, I'm on the Sunday on the interview weekend. I don't really care if I interview with OOS or IS, its just interesting that my friend said that.
Lol wait, whatever day is Sunday is the OOS day. My dates are mixed up too lol... (I fly back the 22nd as well) IS is the Saturday (at least from everything I have heard, which is a sample size of under 10, so take that fwiw)

Lol wait, whatever day is Sunday is the OOS day. My dates are mixed up too lol... (I fly back the 22nd as well) IS is the Saturday (at least from everything I have heard, which is a sample size of under 10, so take that fwiw)

As long as the information is normally distributed, it can still be statistically significant. ;)

And they did interview 300 out of state people last year. So we still have time. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the dress attire is for the pizza party before the interview?

So excited! Interview invite. Feb 1st @ 2:00 PM. WOOOOO!!!!

It's a fairly informal thing. Think I wore jeans and a sweater or the like.
So full suit wouldn't be the best? :p out of curiosity did people actually show up in stuff like they last year. I feel like the pizza part was inherent enough that it was a bit on the informal side.

So full suit wouldn't be the best? :p out of curiosity did people actually show up in stuff like they last year. I feel like the pizza part was inherent enough that it was a bit on the informal side.

Only if you enjoy playing Russian roulette with pizza sauce :p

Truthfully I don't remember what others were wearing, it was a while ago and you know...pizza is distracting. My interview was later afternoon though so I went on a tour in the morning with a group who had all just interviewed, so there's all of them shuffling around in suits and then me not giving a feck in my jeans, sneakers, and sweatshirt.

Does anyone know what the dress attire is for the pizza party before the interview?
It was very casual, I wore jeans and a nice top with black flats. As long as you're not wearing sweatpants you'll be fine! Congrats on all of your interviews! I'm a c/o 2017 if anyone has any questions :claps:

Last year, my mom and I were super late to the pizza party because google maps lied about how long it takes to drive from Denver to Manhattan. So we showed up in jeans, t-shirts, coats, and sneakers in the middle of someone talking. My mom was super concerned that would count against me in the interview. lol. During the tour, I was wearing my suit and heels because I toured at 10:00 since my interview was at 11:00.

I hate to be a stick in the mud - especially as an anxious 2nd-time applicant after making the wait list last year - BUT: Having combed the 2018 K-State thread and the aforementioned interview invite list, it seems like last year there were invite-waves on 11/13, 11/25, and 12/4, with a few stragglers sent out the day after some waves. Compare that with this year's waves on 10/28, 11/14, 11/20, and 12/1... Barring any stragglers going out today, I think that may be all she wrote. Time to frantically check email!

I hate to be a stick in the mud - especially as an anxious 2nd-time applicant after making the wait list last year - BUT: Having combed the 2018 K-State thread and the aforementioned interview invite list, it seems like last year there were invite-waves on 11/13, 11/25, and 12/4, with a few stragglers sent out the day after some waves. Compare that with this year's waves on 10/28, 11/14, 11/20, and 12/1... Barring any stragglers going out today, I think that may be all she wrote. Time to frantically check email!

Only problem with your theory is that they are also sending out rejection letters at the same time. Since several of us here haven't heard anything either way, there is probably one more wave to go (at least!).

I didn't get my interview invitation until mid-December, so I don't think they're done just yet. The IS interviews were earlier, so maybe for IS people they are. But the OOS weekends are later, so there's still time! :thumbup:

I felt like I got mine mid-December last year because I remember having no more than 4 weeks to get things lined up, and my interview was on the 18th. But the data doesn't support it.

*EDIT* - Checked back in the archives, my invite did in fact come on 12/4 last year.

Don't they wait until all the interviews are confirmed to send out rejections (unless you don't make the academic cutoff)?

Last edited:
Don't they wait until all the interviews are confirmed to send out rejections (unless you don't make the academic cutoff)?

You get a rejection letter if you're denied an interview. But I see your point. It is possible that they send out only interview invites and then send out interview rejections January 1st or something. I was under the impression that they send out both interviews and rejections at the same time.

You get a rejection letter if you're denied an interview. But I see your point. It is possible that they send out only interview invites and then send out interview rejections January 1st or something. I was under the impression that they send out both interviews and rejections at the same time.
I was under the impression all schools did that...all my rejections from last year were "You were not offered an interview at this time..." etc. I believe it is more either you didn't get an interview or you did. i.e. rejection or you get to move forward with the application process.

got my interview invite yesterday! interviewing feb 1 at noon! yeeeeeahhh!

I was under the impression all schools did that...all my rejections from last year were "You were not offered an interview at this time..." etc. I believe it is more either you didn't get an interview or you did. i.e. rejection or you get to move forward with the application process.
I was also under this impression, that they have not sent out rejections yet because we will all probably get them at once at some specified date once they have invited everyone else to interview.

I have this same feeling... I think I am out of luck..

<-- resisting the urge to call them and check...

I have this same feeling... I think I am out of luck..

Definitely wait until January. They sent me an interview offer last year for the third week in January (I just woke up so my memory is a tad fuzzy) but they let me know right before Christmas break...like the 2-3 week in December.

Okay, Kansas. You're (literally) my only hope this cycle. Give me some good news, here.

I am OOS and haven't heard anything either way.... AHHHHH!

For those still waiting to hear from KState (myself included) they emailed me when I applied last time in 2012, on 12/27 saying that they were not extending any more interviews. I am not sure if the timeline is similar this year...I would suspect so, but just FYI. It may be grim at this point for KSU CVM.

Several people last year got their interview invites into the second week of December, so that's what I am waiting on. We're only half way through the second week, and I got my interview invite on a Thursday. So I'm going to hold out hope for tomorrow, honestly. lol.

Several people last year got their interview invites into the second week of December, so that's what I am waiting on. We're only half way through the second week, and I got my interview invite on a Thursday. So I'm going to hold out hope for tomorrow, honestly. lol.
We can only hope! Good luck!

does anyone have their interview on dec 21? also if youre going to the pizza party beforehand can you post what they talk about?

does anyone have their interview on dec 21? also if youre going to the pizza party beforehand can you post what they talk about?

I am...it's basically just an overview of the school and a question and answer session with current student ambassadors. They briefly go over tuition and curriculum, but not in depth like I have seen at other schools. I suppose they want you to research the school before you come there to be informed.
My interview last year was tailored around whether or not I went to the pizza party...otherwise they would have asked me questions like "What is the difference between a non-tracking school and a tracking school" or something to that effect. They went over that the night before.

I am...it's basically just an overview of the school and a question and answer session with current student ambassadors. They briefly go over tuition and curriculum, but not in depth like I have seen at other schools. I suppose they want you to research the school before you come there to be informed.
My interview last year was tailored around whether or not I went to the pizza party...otherwise they would have asked me questions like "What is the difference between a non-tracking school and a tracking school" or something to that effect. They went over that the night before.
So to clarify, you get more questions about stuff by attending the pizza party, or not? I personally am attending, more of just a curiosity.

And fajer - I have one on the 21st as well. If anything interesting comes up, I will post it here :).

So to clarify, you get more questions about stuff by attending the pizza party, or not? I personally am attending, more of just a curiosity.

You just get different questions if you attend the pizza party. Instead of questions testing your knowledge about the school (I am assuming), they ask questions more obscure and more ethics questions. The interview panel I was with last year told me they change the interview questions based on whether or not you go to the pizza party, which I think is a bit strange.
It's an open file interview so be prepared to answer questions related to your application.

You just get different questions if you attend the pizza party. Instead of questions testing your knowledge about the school (I am assuming), they ask questions more obscure and more ethics questions. The interview panel I was with last year told me they change the interview questions based on whether or not you go to the pizza party, which I think is a bit strange.
It's an open file interview so be prepared to answer questions related to your application.

Hmm. They never asked me about any of that.