Kansas State Class of 2019!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry but would someone kindly clarify...are those who got these emails today people who just interviewed this past weekend or those who had not yet been previously invited to interview? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry but would someone kindly clarify...are those who got these emails today people who just interviewed this past weekend or those who had not yet been previously invited to interview? Thanks :)

This was the first I have heard from Kansas since October. I personally have not yet been invited to interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This was also the first I have heard from Kansas State since they confirmed that they had received my application.

Has anyone been flat out rejected from Kansas State or is everyone who made the GPA/GRE cutoff just hanging in limbo?

Soooo for those of us out in limbo I called and apparently both Donna and Dr. Elmore are out of the office today, weird since they sent the email this morning? Anyhow the girl I talked to told me to email them with any questions I may have. Now the question is do I want my name out there lol!
I called and talked to Donna lol so that's strange that they would tell you that..Maybe she left for lunch after I spoke to her but anyways she told me to email Dr. Elmore

I called and talked to Donna lol so that's strange that they would tell you that..Maybe she left for lunch after I spoke to her but anyways she told me to email Dr. Elmore
Haha what the heck? That is odd, but she didn't say anything?

N
Haha what the heck? That is odd, but she didn't say anything?
Nop. She said she couldn't disclose any type of info on a wait list, that only Dr.Elmore could and that if I asked he could pull up my file and tell me somewhat where I stand. He may not be able to tell me my exact ranking BUT give a general idea if I'm towards the top, middle, or bottom.

What's funny is that the first time I read the email I thought it was a rejection. I'm turning into a negative nelly.

There's also two Donnas in the Dean's office now so I could also see that leading to misunderstandings lol

Just got an email from Donna Robins with an interview invite for Jan 31st! I guess calling yesterday helped?

Reactions: 6 users
Got my acceptance in the mail today!

Interviewed on the 18th, In-State

So happy :D

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Country roads!!! Very happy for you :)

Just got an email from Donna Robins with an interview invite for Jan 31st! I guess calling yesterday helped?

Now I am tempted to call. Screw my socially awkward self. lol.

Thanks! I think I was in a different group than pretty much everyone, even my interviewers were confused why I was interviewing the 18th as an IS.

However, maybe that means OOS will be going out soon!

Anyone know how much they weigh the interview percentage-wise?

Now I am tempted to call. Screw my socially awkward self. lol.
Do it do it! I honestly don't think it hurts as long as you aren't obsessively calling lol just genuinely show interest. I honestly don't think it was a coincidence that happened. I got the weird wait list email one day and called, and the next day I got an interview email after calling? I don't think that was just a chance event. My call might of definitely sped up the process.

Do it do it! I honestly don't think it hurts as long as you aren't obsessively calling lol just genuinely show interest. I honestly don't think it was a coincidence that happened. I got the weird wait list email one day and called, and the next day I got an interview email after calling? I don't think that was just a chance event. My call might of definitely sped up the process.

I just might call them on Monday. I have time to kill in between classes. lol. At least I wouldn't have to scramble to figure out life if I did get one. Just a 7.5 hour drive from home and I'd be there.

I'm going to be a vet!!!! I got my acceptance letter in the mail today! I interviewed on 1/18 and I'm OOS!

Reactions: 9 users
I'm going to be a vet!!!! I got my acceptance letter in the mail today! I interviewed on 1/18 and I'm OOS!

Wow congrats, what a quick turnaround from the interview date! They must have processed this group really quickly, maybe they just really knew what they were looking for lol.

Wow congrats, what a quick turnaround from the interview date! They must have processed this group really quickly, maybe they just really knew what they were looking for lol.
Thanks! I'm so excited! I live pretty far away and Mail always takes forever - even from my undergrad school that was IS. It almost seems like they must have sent it as I was walking out the door! I didn't expect it this quickly. Hope everyone else here gets a fast yes too!

Thanks! I'm so excited! I live pretty far away and Mail always takes forever - even from my undergrad school that was IS. It almost seems like they must have sent it as I was walking out the door! I didn't expect it this quickly. Hope everyone else here gets a fast yes too!

I felt the same way! I got mine in the mail yesterday, and mail from KS takes about 2-3 days to get here so they must have sent it out Tuesday. So fast! You have an interview at U of I too, right?

I felt the same way! I got mine in the mail yesterday, and mail from KS takes about 2-3 days to get here so they must have sent it out Tuesday. So fast! You have an interview at U of I too, right?
I do but I'm debating if I'm going to keep it or not. I'm really excited about K-State and their program and I might want to give someone else a shot.

I do but I'm debating if I'm going to keep it or not. I'm really excited about K-State and their program and I might want to give someone else a shot.

Right, I get that. I gave up my interview at Iowa for that reason. I knew that it just wasn't right for me. So now it's between KSU (my IS) and U of I (where the fiancee is from) and I'm so torn right now! Hopefully this interview at U of I will help clear things up.

I guess I probably wouldn't mind one less competitor if you do choose to decline ;)

Interesting. I also interviewed on 1/18, nothing here yet one way or the other. We had some weather here in the North East on Saturday and a big storm today, but I would have thought the letter would have come Monday. I'm going to guess that they probably mailed out a few early acceptances to top candidates from the 17/18 weekend, but are going to wait to finalize the rest until after this next interview weekend. Pure speculation though.

Okay, y'all who are on the "interview waitlist", I emailed Dr. Elmore directly (because I have been having issues with receptionists lately and did not want to deal with that scenario). He will email you back within a day or so with your chances of getting one of the "extra interviews". If you have a lower chance, he will tell you why. I asked if the emails would be sent out before and after the February 1st interview weekend, and he did not answer that question at all. He only answered my specific chances of being offered an interview and the reasons in my file as to why. Worth a shot in my opinion if you want some idea so you can plan a little bit. However, I do not think that calling or emailing them will increase your chances of being offered an interview.

Okay, y'all who are on the "interview waitlist", I emailed Dr. Elmore directly (because I have been having issues with receptionists lately and did not want to deal with that scenario). He will email you back within a day or so with your chances of getting one of the "extra interviews". If you have a lower chance, he will tell you why. I asked if the emails would be sent out before and after the February 1st interview weekend, and he did not answer that question at all. He only answered my specific chances of being offered an interview and the reasons in my file as to why. Worth a shot in my opinion if you want some idea so you can plan a little bit. However, I do not think that calling or emailing them will increase your chances of being offered an interview.
thanks for the tip! :)

I wonder why why they're sending out letters to the 1/18 interviewers but not the 1/17 ones.

I wonder why why they're sending out letters to the 1/18 interviewers but not the 1/17 ones.

That is a good question. I interviewed on the 18th last year and I didn't get my letter for waitlist until February 4th. If I am remembering correctly, I don't think anyone got their letters (regardless of the admission decision) before the 3rd or 4th. This application cycle is definitely different from last year. I wonder if it is because Dr. Elmore is a new dean this application cycle.

That is a good question. I interviewed on the 18th last year and I didn't get my letter for waitlist until February 4th. If I am remembering correctly, I don't think anyone got their letters (regardless of the admission decision) before the 3rd or 4th. This application cycle is definitely different from last year. I wonder if it is because Dr. Elmore is a new dean this application cycle.

I remember Dr. Elmore being the dean of admissions last year, he was really friendly. I think he has been the dean for awhile..

I remember Dr. Elmore being the dean of admissions last year, he was really friendly. I think he has been the dean for awhile..
He has. He was when my sister applied there 10 years ago. He is retiring this year unfortunately :(

Has everyone from the first round of interviews heard back?

It seems all the acceptances have at least... or those who got waitlisted/denied have stayed quiet.

I got my acceptance letter in the mail on Monday!! I'm OOS and interviewed Saturday the 17th

After visiting, Kansas was my first choice and I'm so excited :soexcited:Good luck to everyone else still waiting, my fingers are crossed for you!

Reactions: 3 users

He has. He was when my sister applied there 10 years ago. He is retiring this year unfortunately :(

You sure about that? It's been public knowledge for a while that the dean of the college of vet med is leaving after this year but I hadn't heard anything about anyone else.

All my stuff from last year says Ralph C. Richardson, DVM, Dean. I thought Dr. Richardson is retiring this year and Dr. Elmore is taking over. There was a "thank you for your service" sort of letter from KState in the December or November issue of JAVMA towards Dr. Richardson.

All my stuff from last year says Ralph C. Richardson, DVM, Dean. I thought Dr. Richardson is retiring this year and Dr. Elmore is taking over. There was a "thank you for your service" sort of letter from KState in the December or November issue of JAVMA towards Dr. Richardson.

Could be wrong but I doubt the position will go to anyone internally. A professional talent acquisition group is being used as well as a committee with a number of faculty and administration here.

Yes, Dr. Richardson is retiring, he is the dean of the veterinary school. Dr. Elmore is the dean of admissions and has been for a long time

Does anyone have advice on what should be worn to the pizza party?
Wear whatever you want. It's just an info session where they talk about the school and a panel of current students answers questions. They call it a pizza party, which is probably why you're worried, but it's just all the applicants in a huge lecture hall. You're sitting down the entire time (except when you get your pizza) so it hardly matters what you wear.

Does anyone know how soon after the last round of interviews they beginning sending out all decisions?

Hi guys! I'm interviewing tomorrow and was wondering if it's an open file interview or closed? I feel like it's a dumb question but I'm really not sure.. Also, for the people that interviewed already, what did you think of the interview process overall. Was it relaxed or were the interviewers, students, and staff make it seem more stressful?

Hi guys! I'm interviewing tomorrow and was wondering if it's an open file interview or closed? I feel like it's a dumb question but I'm really not sure.. Also, for the people that interviewed already, what did you think of the interview process overall. Was it relaxed or were the interviewers, students, and staff make it seem more stressful?
Open file. Be ready to answer questions from your application. The interview highly depends on who you get. Some have very chill interviewers and had a very laid back atmosphere, and some had interviewers that were grilling them non-stop. Mine was a mix of the two - one of the interviewers was extremely friendly and conversational and the other two were serious and inexpressive until the very end when I made them laugh with some witty comment I can't remember.