Kaplan 2nd edition books…are they any different?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that Kaplan released a 2nd edition of books and hence, a new biochem. 2nd edition book. Does anyone know how different these are from the initially released 2015 MCAT books?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a quick look:

- Psychology book has some minor additional information; some short paragraphs and new terminology were introduced throughout the chapters.
- Sciences seemed to be exactly the same
- Verbal changed the most; now there are practice passages + sample passages throughout the chapters.

Let me know if you have any questions

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think it's worth buying if you already have the 1st edition? I'm actually enrolled in the course but they only sent me the 1st edition!

I really don't think so. That money can be well spent somewhere else. I purchased TPR's Psyc book and I might end up ordering the Kaplan's as well but if you already have the 1st edition, you should be fine. Regardless, I'd supplement it with Khan/other sources as well.

There's a third edition coming out now. Is there any way to find what will be changed/added to?

Apologies for necrobump

There's a third edition coming out now. Is there any way to find what will be changed/added to?

Don't worry about the newer editions. It's all the same stuff and will prepare you adequately contentwise for the MCAT. What most people don't seem to understand is that content knowledge is not what sets you apart on the MCAT. It's practice with FLs. If you have the first edition and haven't activated the online part yet, once you activate it, you get the newest online resources Kaplan has available. I used the very first edition for this year's MCAT and I didn't do too terribly.