Kaplan Anatomy video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StressedMedStud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I have kaplan step 1 videos and qbank.

Are the anatomy videos worth watching? I need work in Upper and lower extremity but I dont wanna waste time if the videos are not watching.

What about their neurology section on cranial nerves?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are the anatomy videos worth watching? I need work in Upper and lower extremity but I dont wanna waste time if the videos are not watching.

Thanks!

no the videos are not worth watching for anatomy. everything is in the lecture series book for anatomy. a combo of that, kaplan medessentials, and fa is much more than enough for anatomy for step 1.

the only videos worth seeing are kaplan pharm and path along with the lecture series books if you have access to the videos.

Thanks!

for neuro, kaplan me is excellent. if you dont have much background in neuro, accompanying kaplan me with kaplan anatomy lecture series book which also contains neuro will do the trick

Don't listen to this guy. Every single one of this posts is about advertising medessentials. Even in threads that have nothing to do with it. Check his post history. He's either affiliated with them or has an unhealthy obsession.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the Kaplan neuroanatomy videos are awful (he reads the book and doesn't even read well), but the rest are very good. Yes, same content as book but easier to digest in my opinion.

Don't listen to this guy. Every single one of this posts is about advertising medessentials. Even in threads that have nothing to do with it. Check his post history. He's either affiliated with them or has an unhealthy obsession.

:thumbup:

The Kaplan Anatomy lectures are very good; especially when you dont have a strong background. My neuro which was pretty much nonexistent before, has come a point where I can 50-60% of the qs right in UWorld. Supplement HY Neuroanatomy with the Kaplan videos and that will be a strong foundation for it.

dont listen to san2, the guys a mook...anyways, the videos ARE worth watching, pure high yield and nicely explained, great supplement to GT

I really like the kaplan neuroanatomy videos (with the guy who has a really nasal voice). I read through the kaplan neuroanatomy book section first and then followed with the videos. They really aren't that boring and I got through it in a few days. Worth it IMO because FA neuro is horrendously disorganized and only useful if reviewing neuro--NOT for learning neuro

The other anatomy lectures were OK. I think the GI anatomy is worth watching because the lecturer does a really good job with the embryo and development of the mesentery

I really like the kaplan neuroanatomy videos (with the guy who has a really nasal voice). I read through the kaplan neuroanatomy book section first and then followed with the videos. They really aren't that boring and I got through it in a few days.

Wow! Really? You can really listen to THAT? He "reads" like reading Shakespeare in a theatrical voice.

I'm bumping this thread instead of cluttering the page with new posts.

Is it me or are there no anatomy lectures on the back muscles? I've found lectures on the vertebrae and spinal cord but nothing at all about the muscles. Are they hidden within another lecture I haven't watched?

I read hy neuroanatomy and then solved kaplan q bank .Worked well for me if u not too keen about kaplan neuroanatomy.