Kaplan Blue Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marymatthews

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought the KBB 2009 - 2010 version (newest version)
I feel like the book is lacking and not ideal
There is no information on plants and very little information on classification/taxonomy that is needed for the DAT
The Chemistry and Orgo seems too MCAT-like and not DAT worthy
In addition, there isnt really enough information for PAT or practice worthy questions for the PAT
am i wrong?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

usually people who buy the KBB also use the Cliff's AP bio, crack DAT PAT, and DAT destroyer

I bought the KBB 2009 - 2010 version (newest version)
I feel like the book is lacking and not ideal
There is no information on plants and very little information on classification/taxonomy that is needed for the DAT
The Chemistry and Orgo seems too MCAT-like and not DAT worthy
In addition, there isnt really enough information for PAT or practice worthy questions for the PAT
am i wrong?
Thanks

u should get the latest edition, KBB 7th edition (2010), just came out a few weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
You already have a satisfactory kaplan book. From what I've heard, it's great for the chemistrys, however lacks in pretty much everything else. You need to get some supplemental materials:

CliffsAP Bio or Barrons for biology - Campbell & Reece Biology is the textbook the questions come from, wouldn't be a bad idea to use that as a resource

DAT Destroyer for more chemistry help

Math Destroyer or Crack DAT Math for QR section

Crack DAT PAT for perceptual ability section