Kaplan Course and Letters of Rec Tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undecisiveone1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm about to enroll in a Kaplan on-site course to study for the OAT. For those of you who took the Kaplan course, how well did it prepare you? Like after the course ended how many days or weeks did you give yourself before actually taking the OAT?

I go to a school where classes are about 300 students each. What is the best way to approach a professor about a letter of rec without seeming too pushy? I plan to attend office hours as much as I can this quarter but there's only so many things I could talk about. Also, is there any possible decent way I can get a letter of rec from a past professor that I never talked to? :/

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about your first concern.

Regarding your second concern, just be honest with them of your intentions and ask them what you can do to make it as easy for them to write you an effective letter.

kaplan was great for me. Practice tests seemed to be much harder than the test. Workbook is a fantastic base and outline of the test content and layout. Overall my practice exams averaged 330 and i scored a 360. I gave myself i think 4 weeks after the course ended before writing cause i was on holidays at the time