1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Kaplan extension?

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by Sdsu1990, Apr 23, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Sdsu1990

Sdsu1990

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hey everybody,

I have a general question to ask about Kaplan services. I took an MCAT prep course this past summer and took the exam in January and unfortunately did not do as well as I wanted. I am planning on retaking but sort of confused about how I could go about getting an extension of just my online materials. I don't feel like I need to take the class over again, I just wanted to extend my online services (full lengths and workshops and such). I tried calling Kaplan, but from what I understood, I would have to pay $500 to extend the online materials. Has anybody else run into this issue? Does anybody have any suggestions? I dont think I can afford to do the $500 extension so I might have to look into other study materials? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!
  2. squirrel33

squirrel33

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm not sure if I can help, but I would just like to say that yes I am in this situation right now. A kaplan representative here on SDN followed up on my situation but nothing has resulted from it thus far... As of now, I'm trying to obtain the Berkeley Review books. I would suggest adding new prep material either way. I was planning on using Berkeley in addition to my Kaplan resources but looks like I may not be able to do that. I'm even worried I may not be able to get a hold of Berkeley books in time for my preparation so I'm kind of stuck at the moment...
    But yeah, that class was a good chunk of change more than it was worth and I certainly don't want to pay Kaplan another $500 :/ The reps are nice and everything but I'm not sure how I feel about the company.
    Anyway, good luck!