Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Kaplan extension?

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by Sdsu1990, 04.23.12.

1. Sdsu1990

Sdsu1990

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hey everybody,

I have a general question to ask about Kaplan services. I took an MCAT prep course this past summer and took the exam in January and unfortunately did not do as well as I wanted. I am planning on retaking but sort of confused about how I could go about getting an extension of just my online materials. I don't feel like I need to take the class over again, I just wanted to extend my online services (full lengths and workshops and such). I tried calling Kaplan, but from what I understood, I would have to pay $500 to extend the online materials. Has anybody else run into this issue? Does anybody have any suggestions? I dont think I can afford to do the $500 extension so I might have to look into other study materials? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. squirrel33

squirrel33

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm not sure if I can help, but I would just like to say that yes I am in this situation right now. A kaplan representative here on SDN followed up on my situation but nothing has resulted from it thus far... As of now, I'm trying to obtain the Berkeley Review books. I would suggest adding new prep material either way. I was planning on using Berkeley in addition to my Kaplan resources but looks like I may not be able to do that. I'm even worried I may not be able to get a hold of Berkeley books in time for my preparation so I'm kind of stuck at the moment...
    But yeah, that class was a good chunk of change more than it was worth and I certainly don't want to pay Kaplan another $500 :/ The reps are nice and everything but I'm not sure how I feel about the company.
    Anyway, good luck!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal