Kaplan FL #2 and Curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just took Kaplan's full length test #2 and it went alright. There were the maxium # of passages for each section it seemed. 11 passages for PS, 9 for VR, and 11 for BS. I got my scores back and I got a 25 (7PS,10VR,8BS), which I'm happy with, because its only my second test. I do have some questions though.

I only got 12 wrong out of 60 in VR, and I got a 10 in that section. Is that how the curve really is on the MCAT. Do I have to virtually get EVERYTHING right to get about a 10?

And for BS, I got 28 wrong out of 77 and that was an 8. How many do I have to get right to get a 10. There seems to be almost no curve for the VR and BS sections.

Members don't see this ad.

doctajay said:
Hey everyone. I just took Kaplan's full length test #2 and it went alright. There were the maxium # of passages for each section it seemed. 11 passages for PS, 9 for VR, and 11 for BS. I got my scores back and I got a 25 (7PS,10VR,8BS), which I'm happy with, because its only my second test. I do have some questions though.

I only got 12 wrong out of 60 in VR, and I got a 10 in that section. Is that how the curve really is on the MCAT. Do I have to virtually get EVERYTHING right to get about a 10?

And for BS, I got 28 wrong out of 77 and that was an 8. How many do I have to get right to get a 10. There seems to be almost no curve for the VR and BS sections.

The curve on verbal for FL-1 was even steeper. I got 12 wrong and ended up with an 8 :confused: