Kaplan FL's vs AAMC vs Real MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yousafob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have received your scores by taking the real MCAT, would you mind commenting on how your actual MCAT score compared with the AAMC and/or Kaplan FL's.

After taking 6 Kaplan FL's and 4 AAMC tests, I noticed a significant difference in difficulty level (the Kaplan FL's being more difficult). Most importantly, I was wondering are the Kaplan FL's or the AAMC tests more representative of the real MCAT? For example, my overall percentage for Kaplan FL's would be at least 10-15% lower then the AAMC ones, however, my overall score would be the same (plus or minus a point).

I am taking the MCAT Sept. 8th, so any feedback, especially those who have their scores would be much appreciated!! Thanks much.

Members don't see this ad.

I took about 6 Kaplan FL and 5 AAMC. I took them rapid fire, alternating days during the week before the big daddy.

My last Kaplan was a 32, my last AAMC was a 34 and my real score was a 33.

I found them to be very predictive.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else find kaplan fl 6 was incredibly easy?? i think it was a fluke i scored so high

My score on FL 6 didn't differ at all from my other scores by a lot. I still scored a bit above my Kaplan average though. I haven't taken 8-11 and probably won't.. perhaps I'll look over the questions one by one and look at the answer solutions.

My score on that one jumped three points on that Kaplan 6only to go down by 6 points on Kaplan 7 then to go up by 10 on Kaplan 8 and then down 2 from there on Kaplan 9 and I took all of these within a week, approximately same time of day, same effort, same sleep schedule, similar eating schedule. Idk...This test seems pretty variable, at least Kaplans tests, or probably I just have smattering of weakness.

I find kaplan to be alot different than AAMC. I perform better on AAMC's.

I just did FL-2 and got 10/10/7... I have never received such a low score in a biology section. But, its probably due to the fact some of the passages were so ridiculous that I got up and made dinner haha.