About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaplan for NBDE part 1

Discussion in 'Kaplan Dental Forum' started by dentistfairy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. dentistfairy

dentistfairy

Dentist

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Dear Kaplan,

First of all, I want to thank you for creating such a good program for NBDE part 1 or USMLE etc. Students really need such an organize study material. After almost completing whole course, I have following suggestions for you:

1) Please return us (medical students) a study room at your Westwood location. After you closed it down in March 2011, you created a lot of inconvenience for a lot of students as well as you lost hundred of students or potential students. A lot of people live on the West side LA and can't simply drive all the way to Pasadena or Encino. If you want to have more students and proportionally more money, please return us the study room. It's essential for student to have a quit place for studying.
    2) Lectures that you have for NBDE part 1 are very simillar that you have for USMLE part 1, but dental lectures are not complete at all. So please update it and expand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3) Please update your Q bank as well, we want to use Kaplan and get high scores!!!
    4) Last one, but not the least, please get Doctor Fischer to read the whole Physiology lectures. He reads only few chapters. The other lector (I don't want to mention his name but you know whom I am talking about) is possibly a fantastic doctor and very talented person, but he doesn't explain material even close as good as Doctor Fischer. Doctor Fischer is the best lector ever!!! He makes the hardest things to understand very simple and easy to remember. If he was to read all your course for NBDE part 1 and USMLe part 1, all students will get 99 easy!!!!! I really mean it! Kaplan will have so much more students and make much better money, if you do so. The lector is the most essential part in studying and understanding material. It's as important is a book itself.

If you listen to my suggestions (believe me, most of your students feel the same way), you will become much more successful business and help a lot of students world wide!!!!!
  2. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hello dentistfairy!

We appreciate your detailed feedback. It is encouraging to hear how much you gained from our course.

Though there are no imminent plans for a study center in Westwood, we certainly can look into that possibility. Many students have been asking for more online access, so this has been a recent focus for development.

We are in the process of increasing the Qbanks. Per student request, we offer a lot of basic science videos so that students have enough material to augment their understanding of their weaker subjects. Students are not expected to review all of the videos. The dental content covers the high yield needed for the exam, but, again, we are always looking into expanding relevant topics as we can.

Dr. Fischer does have a talent for helping students remember the material! His presence at Kaplan has increased substantially over the years and will continue to in the future. He will be happy to read your complimentary feedback on his lectures. Of course, everyone responds to different teaching styles, so we do need to offer a variety of lecturers.

We always listen to feedback about our courses, both negative and positive. Thank you so much!!
  3. ambati

ambati

Dental Student
    hi can u plz guide me wit nbde prep......hav no idea how 2 start my preparation. it would b very helpful wit ur reply thanku
  4. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Hi ambati! It depends on your experience. Some need a more comprehensive review and some to review high yield. In order to develop a study plan, you need to assess your strengths and weaknesses by taking a diagnostic exam or a 100Q test using a Qbank. Spend more time on your weaker topics, practice questions, clarify errors with your review books/notes. If you need a more comprehensive review, consider a course along with lecture notes and Qbank. For more guidance, please provide an email address in a PM or write to [email protected]!
  5. Athena123

Athena123

Dentist
    hi just wanted to know if there are any group classes or study groups for nbde part1 in or near Poughipsee, Ny.
  6. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Hello Athena123,

The closest Kaplan centers are in Newark, NJ or Manhattan. However, you might try posting for study partners in a separate thread. Many are studying together via Skype, etc. As far as classes go, we may be offering online options soon, but not sure about the dates, so please stay tuned! If you need any kind of study guidance, please let us know and we'll send free tips.