1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Kaplan Full Length 5 2012

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by thesellsword, Jun 8, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. thesellsword

thesellsword

Pre-Dental
    Hi All,
    I just took the Kaplan full length 5 today...I got destroyed, especially by the physical sciences. Is it just me or was the light passage particularly difficult? Thoughts? Is this a good indicator of the actual MCAT in terms of passages/question difficulty? Thanks.
  2. SaintJude

SaintJude

Pre-Medical
    I score highest on Kaplan FL5, so for me it was easier. Some say its easier, some say it's harder. I think whatever people claim about the difficulty only reflect what skillset they're most comfortable using

Have you asked yourself "what exactly did I find hard about these questions?" Was it asking me to clarify ambiguous info? Was it asking me to extropolate lots of info to a hypothetical situation? Was the data presented in a complicated form (if so--then yes, that reflect the actual Mcat :/)
  3. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Saintjude I couldn't have said it better myself.

@thesellsword when you go back and look at the passages you did poorly on, were you uncomfortable with that material?
  4. thesellsword

thesellsword

Pre-Dental
    Thank you,
    I was a bit uncomfortable with the material in all honesty, light and waves have been my weakness so I'm brushing up on that. I feel the curve was very strange, there were 26 questions that I either got wrong or left blank, and I still ended up with a 10(on ps)...Is that an accurate indicator of how the MCAT is scaled?
  5. Ironmandoc

Ironmandoc

Medical Student
    Don't leave any questions blank, ever.
  6. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    thesellsword,

It can be accurate on how the test is scaled, however, the Kaplan exams have a bit more of a generous scale than the real thing. (With harder questions.) So on test be prepared to answer MORE questions correct for the same scaled score.

Pat