Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Kaplan Full Length 5 2012

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by thesellsword, 06.08.12.

1. thesellsword

thesellsword

Pre-Dental
    Hi All,
    I just took the Kaplan full length 5 today...I got destroyed, especially by the physical sciences. Is it just me or was the light passage particularly difficult? Thoughts? Is this a good indicator of the actual MCAT in terms of passages/question difficulty? Thanks.
  2. SaintJude

SaintJude

Pre-Medical
    I score highest on Kaplan FL5, so for me it was easier. Some say its easier, some say it's harder. I think whatever people claim about the difficulty only reflect what skillset they're most comfortable using

Have you asked yourself "what exactly did I find hard about these questions?" Was it asking me to clarify ambiguous info? Was it asking me to extropolate lots of info to a hypothetical situation? Was the data presented in a complicated form (if so--then yes, that reflect the actual Mcat :/)
  3. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Saintjude I couldn't have said it better myself.

@thesellsword when you go back and look at the passages you did poorly on, were you uncomfortable with that material?
  4. thesellsword

thesellsword

Pre-Dental
    Thank you,
    I was a bit uncomfortable with the material in all honesty, light and waves have been my weakness so I'm brushing up on that. I feel the curve was very strange, there were 26 questions that I either got wrong or left blank, and I still ended up with a 10(on ps)...Is that an accurate indicator of how the MCAT is scaled?
  5. Ironmandoc

Ironmandoc

Medical Student
    Don't leave any questions blank, ever.
  6. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    thesellsword,

It can be accurate on how the test is scaled, however, the Kaplan exams have a bit more of a generous scale than the real thing. (With harder questions.) So on test be prepared to answer MORE questions correct for the same scaled score.

Pat

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal