Kaplan High Yield Circulation question #2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdfacs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaplan High Yield Circulation question #2, said that "if a tracer substance were injected into a patient's superior vena cava, which structure would it reach last before leaving the heart?" the answer is LV but,
I think the correct answer should be RV since it leaves the heart via pulmonary artery from the RV. Idk if I am reading too much into this problem...

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan High Yield Circulation question #2, said that "if a tracer substance were injected into a patient's superior vena cava, which structure would it reach last before leaving the heart?" the answer is LV but,
I think the correct answer should be RV since it leaves the heart via pulmonary artery from the RV. Idk if I am reading too much into this problem...

Ha, this makes me laugh. I now realize how hard coming up with good questions are. The right ventricle is correct, however, what happens afterwards? It goes to the lungs and comes back via the pulmonary vein back to left atria. It leaves the heart through the left ventricle and goes through the aorta. So, the author meant when it leaves to go to systemic circulation. :laugh: