KAPLAN high yield problem solving guide errors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brotherbu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is that book full of typo's and various errors? I think the book in itself is a terrific idea, but if it was proofread. In some explanations, they use the wrong number, or use the wrong information. I thought it might have been just my misunderstanding, until I saw some of their numbers came from irrelevant previous parts of the problem, or even previous problems all together. Has anyone besides me noticed it?

Members don't see this ad.

brotherbu said:
Is it just me, or is that book full of typo's and various errors?
I've no doubt it is, but you would make your point more powerfully if you didn't make an error yourself. (the extraneous apostrophe)

Each of us screws up sometimes (I know there are a lot of people out there who are convinced, with justification, that I can't spell "the"), but it's best to triple check when calling someone else out.

OMG, you got me there....but don't compare my mistake to Kaplan mistakes...i'm not proofreading this stuff....i want to make sense. I am not Kaplan. I am not a professional group that has editors. I don't write books....

Kaplan's mistakes are significant. They are not minor flaws like parentheses. The flaws can lead to serious confusion. Its hard to solve problems when the numbers and incorrect words lead you in the wrong path to solving a problem. That is the point I am trying to address....

Please, don't argue with me for the sake of arguing (I am not Kaplan, nor are email proofread to an extent so they can be published)...Its not about who has better English, but how a book designed to help people should be published.