Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Kaplan Online prerp is getting on my nerves! Anyone having the same problem?

Discussion in 'Kaplan Medical USMLE Forum' started by everjustinxp, 02.24.11.

1. everjustinxp

everjustinxp

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm enrolled in the Online prep for step 1

I had no trouble using it until two days ago, the video that I was playing begin to lag, and today I can't even play through a whole video! It just kept stopping and loading and playing and stopping... every 10 seconds or so!!

I looked at my internet connection, there seem to be no problem, I tested my download speed was at 150~300 Kb/sec! No way it's my internet connection problem!

I online chatted with a rep to ask if there's any server problem and he said "that that I know of" and didn't even offer me that he'll go check or something

Well, if I ought to get THAT kind of lousy response I wouldn't even bother writing!

Anyone having the same problem?

Don't use Online prep if you're considering to buy Kaplan or not, it'll drive you crazy!!
  2. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi everjustinxp,

We're sorry to hear you are having problems. We will report this to our tech department. We do care if there are issues, and want you to have a seamless experience if possible. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with more details. Thank you for posting.
  3. HumphreyHH

HumphreyHH

Pre-Medical
    I bet this is someone competing with Kaplan. Everyone knows that Kaplan is the best, and the online tests are great. I'm using them right now, and they're helping a lot.:love:

Everjustin seems like either a fake person from EK or TPR trying to hurt Kaplan, or a pre-med student wanting other people to not use Kaplan because it's so good.

Try to avoid the fakers, y'all. Kaplan is good stuff :)
  4. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Hello HumphreyHH!

We appreciate your kind words! We're so pleased that the online course is helping you and that your exam prep is progressing as you hoped. We work very hard to serve our students well so you can reach your goals!

Thanks again!
  5. OveractiveBrain

OveractiveBrain

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Lol. Kaplan is good. Sometimes servers fail. Its frustrating, Everjustin just needed the shopportunity to vent (T T T T TJ Max!)
  6. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Thanks, OveractiveBrain! It is true, sometimes technical difficulties get in the way of progress, but overall, the online opportunities are well worth the frustration!
  7. hispurpose

hispurpose

Medical Student
    Last edited: 05.23.11
  8. lucid1

lucid1

Medical Student
    I really think this has more to do with what network one might be on. When I go to the public library the videos occasionally lag, but if I am at home they never do. You should contact their costumer support if you continue to have issues and don't get so frustrated you stop watching the videos, as they will really help in the long run. Just remember, what do you think you will remember more the one of thousands of bullets in FirstAid or an expert explaining something in a more simplistic way that will make it settle in your brain?
  9. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Great words of advice! Always let us know if there is a problem, because we want you to be able to hear the experts explain the content so you can SUCCEED.

Thank you, lucid1.
  10. egroupie

egroupie New Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    While I've used Kaplan for all 3 steps in the past, their current service is much worse then it used to be. I watch the med students try to study using Kaplan now and many times their online video server is down and now a first, I've seen a student not be able to log into even the Q bank because of Kaplans server problems.
    For the thousands of dollars these students are paying, they are getting ripped off royally. These students showed me the curt and disrespectful emails that Kaplan sends when they write to complain.

Actions like this are totally unacceptable.

I can no longer recommend Kaplan and urge many of you trying to decide what service to choose to think twice about whether you want a responsive service and whether you want to be treated with respect.
  11. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Hi egroupie,

We appreciate your detailed feedback.

Friendly, supportive Customer Service is one of the most important aspects of a service, and Kaplan does not want to receive reports like this. I will forward your comments to the appropriate departments.

This also goes for the technical issues. Online products often suffer technical difficulties, and sometimes they are within the control of the supplier to fix. When this is the case, we must respond immediately and make sure the student's access is uninterrupted. At the very least, we must troubleshoot with the student to be sure they meet the technical requirements.

If any of the students you observed are able to correspond with me, we'd like to get more details and see the emails. We take your report very seriously, and want to address each and every problem. The goal, of course, is to improve whatever we can to make sure the courses, products and service we offer are high-quality, dependable and useful.

Thanks again, egroupie. We appreciate your past support and are pleased to hear we were a positive aspect of your USMLE experience.
  12. JasonE

JasonE

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I emailed Kaplan tech support about this problem as did my friend. Friend got a response from Kaplan, I did not.

I hate when customer service ignores an email. It's rude.

FYI, stop hiring homeless people to rip down princeton signs
  13. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    Hi JasonE,

I'm sorry you did not receive a response. If it is convenient, please send me a private message or write to [email protected]. I would like to hear more so we can resolve any issues! Thank you for writing.

Also, to all readers, you can call 1-800-KAPTEST for customer service.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal