About the ads

Kaplan or CMMRS?

Discussion in 'Allopathic' started by kryptik, May 15, 2009.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. kryptik

kryptik

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I just started Micro and I cant decide between using kaplan microbiology and immunology notes with accompanying videos or Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple. I have glanced through both and there seem to be info each of them is missing.

Do i use kaplan and annotate with CMMRS?
    Do i just stick with one? If so which one and why?

I would like input from folks who have experience with both, and remember this is for course work not step 1. Micro is not well taught in my school
  2. Depakote

Depakote CA-3 Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor

Resident [Any Field]
    Physician Rocket Scientist hSDN Member hSDN Alumni SDN 7+ Year Member
    I haven't used the kaplan notes, but CMMRS is an amazing book. It really gives you everything you need and I can't imagine using anything else. (this was for my coursework, btw)
  3. Surgical FMG

Surgical FMG

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    i have kaplan microbiology + latest videos. i also bought howard shen flashcards for microbio
    hearing all about CMMRS, and having read 1-2 pages of it (i like the readable format) and i think i can finish it faster without the kaplan video, i think i may choose CMMRS too

however, im concerned how i can combine that with howard shen flashcards. cos its another SET of mnemonics.. anybody used both before?