About the ads

Kaplan Pat/Achiever Pat/Crack PAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Rainee, May 2, 2010.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT

Thanks to DAT Destroyer
  1. Rainee

Rainee

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello guys, can you enlighten me as to which one of these PAT's is the most accurate compared to the real DAT?

For some reason, I can score easily 22+ on Crack and ace the keyholes; however, Kaplan I struggle to get 7-8/15 on keyholes.

I feel as though the keyholes in Kaplan are a bit *off*. I dunno.

Whats the most accurate representation? I'm taking my test on Thursday, so if its kaplan, I need to cram cram cram.
  2. SmithS87

SmithS87

Pre-Dental
    Hey Rainee,
    I am having the SAME problem! I am great at Crack the DAT but not Kaplan PAT at all! I see that you posted this some time ago...did you take the DAT? What did you think?
    I am so glad to see someone like me on here! :)
  3. capitan2011

capitan2011

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Crack DAT pat worked wonders for me on all sections, On CDP I scored a 19, then a 20, then another 20, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, finally 23 on the last try. I still have one test remaining. I took my DAT two days ago and scored a 24 on PAT. Crack DAT pat prepared me very well! Hope it does for you. I didn't pay much attention to pat sections on Kaplan.
  4. lflettrich4

lflettrich4

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I think Crack DAT was the best representation of the real DAT. I think my scores were like 21, 20, 20, 22, 23. And on the actual PAT section of my DAT i scored a 23. I felt like angles and hole punching were a bit easier on the real DAT but pattern folding and keyholes were harder. But i think the differences average themselves out, so if you're scoring in the 20s on Crack DAT, you'll probably score similarly on the actual thing.
  5. ushaseos

ushaseos -Classified Information-

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    CDP is the closest. I haven't don't Kaplan's PAT but Achiever is WAY tougher. Don't worry about low pat scores on Achiever. I started at 17 in Achiever and my test 7 score was a 19 (the highest I ever got in achiever). I scored a very comfortable 23 on the real thing so it gives you an estimate of the difference in difficulty. Use it for practice but don't stress over the scores!