Kaplan QBank worth the time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2B in 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am enrolled in the Kaplan Classroom course and speeding through the course in preparation for my June exam. Currently I have done all topicals, quizes, and workshops. I am currently working on doing the content review over again along with the subject tests and the Kaplan High Yield Guide book (the guide book is pretty damn good, just thought I would say that). Anyway after I finish this I plan on moving on to the section tests and Kaplan Full Lengths hopefully finishing by late April, May first at the latest.

I was then going to go and do TBR Physics and General Chemistry, while doing the EK 101 Biology passages and Kaplan review of Organic which I find to be the best read. While doing these I was going to incorporate the 9 TPR exams finishing by June gearing up for the AAMCs.

(I figure by taking all the Kaplan Verbal section tests and Full-Lengths my verbal score should hopefully increase)

I was then going to take the AAMCs up until the date obviously but am really having mixed feelings as to whether or not I should use the Kaplan QBank or TPR Science Workbook to review in between.

I have heard the bad reviews about the QBank, (loaded w/ errors, too difficult, not realistic) and the good ones (learning from the mistakes, preparation for the shock factor, etc..), also I paid for it. What do you guys suggest, should I incorporate it earlier? Did certain subjects in the QBank prove to be more beneficial or worthwhile than others or is the Princeton Science Workbook much better than what the Qbank can offer? Should I alter my preparation schedule and materials?

I am really looking for some advice on how to handle this ordeal and would really appreciate any and all responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Since it is already included in your Kaplan course, I would use it.

Cons:
-Has errors, typos, etc.
-Questions are mostly really tough (a real ego buster!)

Pros:
-Lots and lots of practice questions!
-Customizable (you can do timed or untimed, just verbal or just biology or just organic, you can do a short test of 10 questions or a long one of 50, etc.)
-Can access this wherever you have internet access

I would not use this as the sole or primary source of prep but if you are looking for extra practice this is useful.

This is just my opinion, though, and I haven't taken the test yet - coming up in 10 days!

Search QBank in these forums. You'll find that the average scores on QBank tests are like 50% and that almost everyone thinks the questions are unreal. Honestly every time I used QBank I just got so pissed I would give up and so I don't use it anymore. If the material was realistic it would be great, but it isn't.

Search QBank in these forums. You'll find that the average scores on QBank tests are like 50% and that almost everyone thinks the questions are unreal. Honestly every time I used QBank I just got so pissed I would give up and so I don't use it anymore. If the material was realistic it would be great, but it isn't.

:laugh:

Dude, I couldn't agree more. Those tests are so frustrating and some of the answer choices are so ambiguous.

I don't think it's horrible practice though, but I wouldn't invest a lot of time into it.

I only do them when I only have 15 - 20 mins of downtime and feel like making it productive.