Kaplan Score for new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raca1111

Medical Student
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I feel like I've put a lot of work for this MCAT and my scores on the Kaplan exams are lower than I would want them to be given that the exam is in 2 weeks (FL1: 504, FL2: 505, FL3: 506). I have seen on this page that Kaplan generally scores lower than the actual exam, but that was with the old scoring system? Does this mean that Kaplan now is better at predicting scores?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, so I feel like I've put a lot of work for this MCAT and my scores on the Kaplan exams are lower than I would want them to be given that the exam is in 2 weeks (FL1: 504, FL2: 505, FL3: 506). I have seen on this page that Kaplan generally scores lower than the actual exam, but that was with the old scoring system? Does this mean that Kaplan now is better at predicting scores?

No, Kaplan scores are still not very predictive of how you will do.... My recommendation would be to stop doing Kaplan and start doing AAMC material.. Kaplan is good for content review but you need to learn how AAMC asks questions, not Kaplan...... I had similar scores on Kaplan as you though (I took 8 of them with my last 3 being 506 504 505

@CHoge25 I've done the practice test AAMC released earlier this year. Do you or anyone else know if they have released another/are planning to release another?