Kaplan Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JennyL867

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking through the study schedules posted on the forum, but I can't find any specific for the Kaplan Home Study Series. I plan on using this along with First Aid, Qbank, UW, NBME exams, and the common HY/BRS books only for reference. I'll have almost 8 weeks for intense study, and am just looking for a guide on how many chapters of Kaplan to get through each day and how to split my time between reading and questions. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could post their schedules. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

i didn't make a schedule. i just took 3wks for the first read, and 10 days for the second read of Kaplan Home Study. The first read was very thorough (annotations/tables/diagrams) and the second read focused only info that was highlighted/underlined. Also, I did 100 random kaplan qbank questions every day. I specifically didn't make a schedule so as to not create additional stress to what i was already going through. i saw my friends lose sleep b/c of getting behind on schedules (even though the extra time helped them solidify concepts).

I know that this isn't the kind of post that you were looking for, but I just wanted to let you know that their is an option of not creating a schedule. Just create a list of resources and rank them by priority, and then start from the top and see how far you get by 8wks. I think it is more important to learn everything well the first time, regardless of how long that first read takes you.

my 2 cents.

are you guys talking about the kaplan lecture notes? I have the lecture notes and webprep and am trying to decide how many hours of webprep lecture I should try to listen to every day and then how much time to spend on First Aid and other study sources. I also have Kaplan Qbank and Elsevier's Qbank.
I have 4 weeks to study, starting May 18th. My school's last week of classes is devoted to Step I review and then I have a week of exams. I plan on taking NBME test 1 on the 18th, test #3 two weeks later and then one practice full length exam (through my school) a week before the exam.

are you guys talking about the kaplan lecture notes? I have the lecture notes and webprep and am trying to decide how many hours of webprep lecture I should try to listen to every day and then how much time to spend on First Aid and other study sources. I also have Kaplan Qbank and Elsevier's Qbank.
I have 4 weeks to study, starting May 18th. My school's last week of classes is devoted to Step I review and then I have a week of exams. I plan on taking NBME test 1 on the 18th, test #3 two weeks later and then one practice full length exam (through my school) a week before the exam.

I was talking about the Kaplan Home Study seriess (which the OP had referred to).

Members don't see this ad :)
As I mentioned in my original post, I have a collection of other review books, including BRS phys/path, HY gross anatomy, embryo, neuroanatomy, and biostats, and Clinical Micro Made Redic Simple. Would you use any other sources in addition to Kaplan? Do you think that my plan of using Kaplan, FA, Qbank, UW, and NBME exams is sufficient to get an awesome score, or are there some subjects that it would be helpful to use additional sources? I was considering consulting some other sources as I read through Kaplan, but Kaplan is pretty lengthy. I'm not sure how long that will take me, but then again, I am taking 8 weeks to study intensely. However, I also don't want to spread myself too thin over too many books. Thanks so much for your help.

Jenny, feel your pain in trying to figure all this out.

I have Kaplan too and am going to add FA and Goljan Path (so not even looking at Kaplan path). I have a little less than 6 weeks til COMLEX I. The other poster had a good point re: just start reading and do it as opposed to stressing about a set schedule. However, I still feel like I need some sort of schedule.

I know my post is not helpful, I'm looking for advice too. I am ONLY taking COMLEX and was wondering if there was any specific advice out there for focusing on just the COMLEX.

Good luck!