Kaplan style PS vs BR and AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i4171

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been taking some old (03) kaplan practice tests and theyre heavily calculation based whereas the ammc and br (which ive also studied from) seem to be a lot less. i do okay on the ammc/br ~9-12 given that i understand the concepts more than memorizing equations where as on some of the kaplan problems, i literally have absolutely no idea what do and sometimes its really difficult to extrapolate anything from the passage they provide.

it seems like a lot of people whove taken the mcat recently are freaking over the ps calc content but should i feel okay if i feel fairly confident with the ammc and br material?

Members don't see this ad.

i've been taking some old (03) kaplan practice tests and theyre heavily calculation based whereas the ammc and br (which ive also studied from) seem to be a lot less. i do okay on the ammc/br ~9-12 given that i understand the concepts more than memorizing equations where as on some of the kaplan problems, i literally have absolutely no idea what do and sometimes its really difficult to extrapolate anything from the passage they provide.

it seems like a lot of people whove taken the mcat recently are freaking over the ps calc content but should i feel okay if i feel fairly confident with the ammc and br material?

If you're doing good on the AAMC and BR tests, you should be okay. Now that you know your weakness is the calculations, just work a little on it... there will be some questions that require caluclations