Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Kaplan Subject Assessments

Discussion in 'Kaplan Medical USMLE Forum' started by lavodnas, 06.24.11.

1. lavodnas

lavodnas

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Anyone know how to interpret the scores on these ? Because some of the questions seem kind of old ? Is there a range that means you can be confident that you don't need to go back over stuff ? I know it gives you some info when you get the score, but I feel like it always tells you the same thing ?
  2. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hello lavodnas!

The Assessment Exams are to be used as a progress report compared to the results on your Diagnostic Tes. Always remediate problem topics based on the results. Some variation in performance across subjects is normal, but give special attention to lower scores, especially in the heavily stressed subjects such as Physiology, Pathology, Microbiology, Immunology or Pharmacology. If you need additional guidance, please let us know here, via PM or email: [email protected].

Thank you.
  3. lavodnas

lavodnas

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I am referring to Step 2 CK subjects, for example an 88% on Surgery. Does that mean I am good to go in that subject ?
  4. KaplanEmily

KaplanEmily Exhibitor

Non-Student
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    88% is a strong score, but still remediate any errors, and review all the explanations. After your content review take a simulated exam so you can determine any problem areas still in need of attention. Finally, consider taking an NBME self-assessment exam to predict how you will score on the actual exam:

http://www.nbme.org/Students/sas/sas.html

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal