1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Kaplan Topical Test

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by WolverineM, Jul 9, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. WolverineM

WolverineM

Pre-Medical
    I just started my Kaplan course today and I have taken my first topical test. I am sort of discouraged by my score, which was a 63%. I am confident that I know the material but it's hard to apply it to the Kaplan method. Should I be discouraged or does it just take time to get used to the Kaplan method of answering informational/discrete questions?
  2. indianjatt

indianjatt

Pre-Medical
    hSDN Alumni SDN 2+ Year Member
    No, don't worry The Kaplan Topical tests are pretty detailed/difficult imo. I usually use them more of as a practice tool than anything else and learn from the explanations.
  3. daniwangsta

daniwangsta

Pre-Medical
    I'm scoring in that range too generally on the topical tests, but I think the questions are pretty fair once you go through the answers as all of it really is based on knowledge we should know. I use them to learn and see where I need to review more!
  4. EpikSasuke

EpikSasuke

Pre-Medical
    Good for practice and I asked the same question to my Kaplan instructor. It is more difficult, but on purpose so you can learn to take on harder questions. :)