Kaplan/TPR practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Necr0sis713

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've been doing a lot of reading around here and I noticed that a lot of people are recommending Kaplan and TPR practice exams besides the AAMC ones. However, I can't seem to find either of these exams anywhere. Are these practice exams included with their prep courses, or can they be purchased individually?

I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

You can only access them by purchasing a book or book set. Check out the FAQ in my signature--within the FAQ is a section on all the practice tests there are available, and how to get them.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say they are okay as preliminary practice but you should definitely be doing the EK exams and the AAMC exam last.

Apparently, according to the Q&A that @mcatjelly has in his/her sig, Kaplan and TBR is the best way to go. I also talked with a guy at my university (so very smart and an overall fantastic guy; he's most likely going to a Top 10 medical school), he said that EK Psych/Soc material was the best thing that could prepare him for the humanities portion.

What I have gathered is:
Bio/BC: TBR and Kaplan
Phys/Chem: EK (decent) and TPR
Psych/Soc: EK
CARS: AAMC, EK (to get your feet wet) and TPR (harder than the actual MCAT)

That's what I've gathered from the majority of posts on the Reddit Q&A. Some contradict others in posts directly below them so take it all with a grain of salt. Tackling this 7h 33m beast in August. Good luck studying.

Apparently, according to the Q&A that @mcatjelly has in his/her sig, Kaplan and TBR is the best way to go. I also talked with a guy at my university (so very smart and an overall fantastic guy; he's most likely going to a Top 10 medical school), he said that EK Psych/Soc material was the best thing that could prepare him for the humanities portion.

What I have gathered is:
Bio/BC: TBR and Kaplan
Phys/Chem: EK (decent) and TPR
Psych/Soc: EK
CARS: AAMC, EK (to get your feet wet) and TPR (harder than the actual MCAT)

That's what I've gathered from the majority of posts on the Reddit Q&A. Some contradict others in posts directly below them so take it all with a grain of salt. Tackling this 7h 33m beast in August. Good luck studying.

Mmm, the only problem with EK for Psych/Socio is that it's missing a LOT of information from the AAMC outline, which they've acknowledged. So you would need to supplement with online resources.