Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Kaplan versus AAMC

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by Aria88997, 05.06.12.

1. AA|FCB|DOC

AA|FCB|DOC SDN Bronze Donor Bronze Donor

SDN 5+ Year Member
    Has anyone taken enough exams from both to also notice this trend? I feel like the exams from Kaplan are a more difficult, but graded on a much more generous curve. For example, I have been scoring 70-80 percent on sections tests for the B.S. On the full lengths I am usually getting about 10-12 questions wrong and I get a 12 or 13 in the section. On the other hand, when it comes to the AAMC exams I have gotten 10 wrong and landed a 10. I feel like having more room for error in the kaplans has made me a bit more careless on the AAMC exams. Its been difficult to only get 6-7 questions wrong on the AAMC for a 12 or 13
  2. kasho11

kasho11

Pre-Medical
    I mean it is true that they are curved differently and Kaplan is arguably more difficult. Given I took most of the Kaplan while I was finishing my second round of content review, I have been scoring better on the AAMC tests. Kaplan tests should not be taken as definitive for your score, I think they are merely good practice for timing and working with difficult passages, which is why I used them during my content review.
  3. DrMediterranean

DrMediterranean

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    +1. I used the kaplan exams to learn. Then I used the AAMC exams as practice and simulation for the real deal. There are questions so specific on certain concepts on the Kaplan exams that you will never find on the real exam or they just occur much more frequently on the kaplan exams imo.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal