Kaplan's On-Demand Videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find these particularly useful? I am getting through all the content review, but the videos are basically what I have left to "check off" for any given subject. I am sitting on about..10 or so hours of videos from this course to watch…

How essential are they? Should I just invest in Chad's Videos instead and go on my way?

Not really sure what to do here.

Members don't see this ad.

The ones with dr josh right?
I'm thinking of just ditching them and going with chads
I don't think they are a complete waste. They don't go into enormous detail as TBR but they are good for on-the-go learning. Also, whenever I need to refresh a concept, I go straight to these videos to supplement my learning.

Anyone feel like the audience in those videos is too smart? They are rarely ever wrong about the concept questions that Dr. Josh asks them and I end up feeling bitter cuz I didn't know it...

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they are a complete waste. They don't go into enormous detail as TBR but they are good for on-the-go learning. Also, whenever I need to refresh a concept, I go straight to these videos to supplement my learning.

Anyone feel like the audience in those videos is too smart? They are rarely ever wrong about the concept questions that Dr. Josh asks them and I end up feeling bitter cuz I didn't know it...

I would love to hear more about the Chad videos if anyone is an advocate of them as I try to make the most of resources available towards Test Day.

Back to topic, I personally find the On-Demand videos to be really helpful particularly in terms of moral support. It's nice for brief reviews and a bit of timed practice, but I think overall the Live ones are better because they're more interactive and I get to bounce questions off of the TAs so I just feel like I get more out of it. As for being essential though, no. I'm pretty sure they're only there if you want to go back and review the content or you missed that Live class.

As for the audience being smart, I would say there are usually a few who know the answers right off the bat and a bunch of the others who respond later usually just say the same thing because after seeing an answer, it makes sense to them! But that's just my two-cents!

On another side-note for videos that MIGHT be helpful: I actually also use CrashCourse for Biology and Chemistry just to hone down on some basic science facts & comprehension, but I have a feeling they're nowhere as extensive as Chad videos?? Another SDN user also recommended MHE animations to help us visualize some concepts: http://highered.mheducation.com/sit...chapter24/animation__the_immune_response.html

The ones with Dr. Josh are very long and not very beneficial unless you are struggling with a specific topic. If you are having a great deal of difficulty with a certain topic, then I suggest that you watch the video for that topic or subject because he does go into a lot of detail. If you are just looking for review and have access to the kaplan resources, you should just go through the individual lessons with the Rekap pdfs that they provide.

The ones with Dr. Josh are very long and not very beneficial unless you are struggling with a specific topic. If you are having a great deal of difficulty with a certain topic, then I suggest that you watch the video for that topic or subject because he does go into a lot of detail. If you are just looking for review and have access to the kaplan resources, you should just go through the individual lessons with the Rekap pdfs that they provide.

Thank you!! I didn't even consider the ReKaps since they're basically transcripts of the videos!
I think I'll stick to using him for the physics, then. I'm scoring really well on ochem and bio, so I doubt I need to really go through much more of that.