KCUMB Class of 2016!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I thought all those who are researching schools could use some posts regarding why we have chosen KCUMB. I will start with a question I answered for someone recently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #####
Hi, I saw your posts a couple of times on the KCUMB forum and was wondering if you mind sharing why you've decided to attend the school. I'm pretty interested in this school but I've heard some controversies regarding osteopathic schools. I saw that you have high stats, did you apply to any MD schools or are you only interested in DO schools?

I hope you don't mind the questions.

Thanks,

###

###,

Here is a long-winded response to your question:

Why KCUMB?

First, the Curriculum seems well designed and intuitive for learning all aspects of the human body and associated pathologies. From what I can tell, the curriculum has a lot of opportunity for independent learning. This attracts me since I would rather not spend 8 hours a day in a classroom. Furthermore, many students feel they do not need to attend all lectures. Although not technically allowed, I think this is a valuable option for those who are more efficient at learning on their own . Conversely, KCUMB provides the students with printouts of all lecture notes, as well as video and audio recording for most so you never have to miss a class. I think having these amenities will go far in being successful through medical school. From my interview, I saw that the lecture halls, anatomy lab, and OMT lab were well equipped, as were all the buildings. As far as technology goes, it appears that KCUMB wants to break a record for the number of huge LCD flat screens on campus. There are more TVs and blue ray players than paintings. KCUMB also utilizes a centralized online system (blackboard) for faculty and students.

Second, KCUMB has a solid research base. Students have ample opportunities to participate in research activities, or to just learn research methodologies through coursework. I find it incredibly important for a student doctor to be well versed in the world of research since this will ensure you stay up to date as a practicing physician. Furthermore, if you want to work in academics or at a university hospital, being up to date on the current literature, as well as knowledgeable of how research is done, is invaluable.

Third, KCUMB graduates have high success rates matching into good residencies. Students also have good passing rates on board exams. At this point I plan on taking both the COMLEX and USMLE since I want to attend a specific surgery residency at an ACGME institution, and having USMLE scores will ensure that I am compared equally to MD graduates. KCUMB also provides ample dedicated study time (about seven weeks) for board exams which is fantastic.

Now for your question regarding DO vs MD:

For a basic comparison of the two professions, search MD vs DO through Wikipedia.

Up until last year I was only going to become an MD. Through attending DO awareness nights, doing lots of school research, and shadowing Osteopathic physicians I learned that either route will make me a great physician.

I became more interested in DO schools for a couple of reasons. I think the additional training in Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy, or OMT, gives students another layer of understanding of human structure and function, not to mention additional skills to add to your repertoire of patient exam abilities. If you have never seen a primary care DO do a physical exam, I recommend you do. They are very thorough and confident in working up a patient. Also, from what I have heard, and this comes from a physician at an MD school, when osteopathic students (KCUMB) go on to clerkship rotations they are found to be more competent and confident compared to their MD colleagues (take this with a grain of salt since this is opinion based). Throughout the pre-clinical years, a DO student is making a lot of physical contact with many people, which really helps you get close to your patients.

I will admit, when I first learned about OMT, my skeptic alarms went off. After I observed a bunch of manipulations, however, I began to appreciate it's use. I believe part of the effect is placebo, but I know a lot of manipulations have physiological benefit and have an evidence base, especially in regards to pain from skeletal/muscular sources (back pain). DOs do not use OMT instead of pharmacology. There is no hippie, homeopathic, or energy BS interwoven into the reasoning. If your gall bladder needs to be removed, OMT will not prevent that. OMT is an ADDITIONAL tool available to a DO physician, should they choose to utilize it. One bonus of training as a DO is your ability to treat friends and family after the first week of medical school with the OMT techniques you learn, not officially of course. As an MD student, this will not be available to you.

The only way I will consider not be attending KCUMB is if I get accepted to my state institution (MD), which will not be an easy decision. It will not be due to academics but because staying in Oregon would keep me closer to my family. Also, as I said earlier, I want to do my residency here.

With that said, I would not go to any school just because I would be granted an MD after my name. I think the only things going for MD programs and not DO, is the close affiliation with Veteran's hospitals, and the fact MD programs (and physicians) are the majority. Really the later is the only one with implications, and only if it matters to you. As a DO, there is a possibility that you may need to someday defend your qualifications (which is rare now) to ACGME directors or crotchety, old MDs from the early days. Some MDs may say DOs are not as qualified, or that OMT is as beneficial to a patient as acupuncture. Similarly, some DOs, (especially the AOA) will say that MDs are not as humanistic, and that DOs have a more "patient-centered" approach. Both of these claims are unfounded. The MD claim is based on a lack of knowledge, while the DO claim is based on the desire for the Osteopathic profession to remain distinct from the MD. Historically, MD programs were not that patient centered but more paternalistic, but this has more or less dissolved since patient autonomy has developed as a right respected by clinicians.

I will tell you that you should attend a school that fits you and gives you a good feeling about how you will be treated as a student. Like I said, either profession will provide you with the resources to become an excellent physician. When you are choosing schools, and interviewing, be very observant and realize that you will be paying the school, and they are in competition with other schools for your money (and you of course). I recommend you question programs that do not show you everything about the school, good and bad. My state school for instance did not show us the classrooms or the anatomy lab! Before I go to a school that will cost me tons of money, I want to know how I will be treated, where I would be spending most of my day, and where my tuition dollars go. As far as applying, I have in every way enjoyed myself more when interacting with DO schools compared to MD schools (application process, contact with admissions staff, interviews, followup). In my opinion, this is probably due to an MD program having no shortage of qualified applicants who would do almost ANYTHING to get in, just because it is medical school. In contrast, many DO schools need to sell themselves more to attract some (not all) well qualified applicants. Perhaps due in part to the misunderstanding that DO schools are somehow less prestigious or effective in training.

My advice to you, should you want it, is to be open to the Osteopathic profession. However, choose a school based on the resources available to you, quality (and evidence of effectiveness) of the curriculum, and whether the school is a good "fit". When you are interviewing, know that you being interviewed means that you made the cut on paper. Be yourself and be confident; ultimately it is your choice (not the school) that determines where you go.

Good luck

Jeremiah

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with the convenience part. If I was single, I would definitely be at CT. I'm getting married this summer so I will probably be off campus somewhere.

Ohhhh congrats! :)...that's exciting! Yeah I hope there are plenty of resturants five to ten mins away from campus. Won't have time to cook with all this studying....or pbj sandwiches for the win

Congrats to all those accepted so far!! I have been trying to decide where to live and if CT is a good option...as I really enjoyed living off campus during undergrad. Anyone else considering living options PM me! Those accepted throw out some info so we can get an idea of how badass this centennial class is!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those accepted so far!! I have been trying to decide where to live and if CT is a good option...as I really enjoyed living off campus during undergrad. Anyone else considering living options PM me! Those accepted throw out some info so we can get an idea of how badass this centennial class is!!

Alright, so here is my advice as a Kansas Citian:

CT is the only place I would live that is in the immediate area of the school. If you are not living at CT and want to live close, go to the west of I-70/I-29/71HWY. This will put you into downtown. Pretty much anywhere inside of the downtown loop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_freeway_loop) will be decent, with some places being much nicer than others. Here you will find a lot of lofts and condos. If you go just north of the loop by the river, you will get into the River Market area which is also a nice place. The Crossroads to the south will also be nice. Across the river to the north is going to be commercial/industrial. To the immediate south are areas I would not live.

Within a 5-10 mile drive from school, there are a lot of nice places as well. To the south, there is midtown. This is going to be south of 31st, east of State Line, West of the Blue River, and North of 75th street. The neighboorhoods in this area will vary a lot. Anything east of Troost, don't even consider. It will be primarily project housing and where the majority of violent crime occurs in Kansas City. Neighboorhoods that I would recommend in midtown are Westport, Brookside and Waldo, altough the later two will primarily be single family residences. There is also the Plaza area in midtown, but everything there is overpriced so I would not recommend it for a student.

North Kansas City is just north of the river. There are some nice areas there but I am not as familiar so I don't want to recommend anything specific.

After that, you will start to get into the more suburban areas. Keep in mind, Kansas City metro is very spread out. You can live 20 miles away, but that will only translate into a 20 minute drive non-rush hour so you really can get a little ways away from the city and still have a very reasonable drive.

With that in mind, here are the suburban areas of KC:

The Northland
This is going to include cities such as Parkville, Riverside, Gladstone and Liberty.
Parkville (11-12 miles from KCUMB) is a really nice small town right on the river. Lots of ma and pop stores. There are some multi-million dollar neighboorhoods here. But, it is also home of Park Univeristy (my alma mater) which means you can find some apartments and houses for rent at a reasonable price.
Riverside (9-10 miles) is going to have places for anybody's price range. There will be some real dumps and then there will be luxury condos.
Gladstone (8-12 miles) will be a decent sized suburb that is pretty mid-range. I don't know a whole lot about places to rent here.
Liberty (14-18 miles) is a little larger than Gladstone. A lot of it has gone down hill in recent years but is still not a bad place to live. Personally, I think there are much better places within the same distance and in the same price range though.

Eastside
Independence, Blue Springs, Raytown and Lee's Summit are the main cities to the east.
Independence (4-15 miles) is the largest MO side suburb. In the recent past, it has been known as the Meth capital of the world. In present day, it has had it's lime light stolen by several counties in Tennessee. Although meth lab busts have continued to rise, Tennessee is really stepping it up on their part. But in all seriousness, there are parts of Independence that I wouldn't hesistate to recommend. The area south of I-70, along Lee's Summit road extending a little ways east of 291 HWY is a nice area that is very accessible. North along Lee's Summit road also has some nice places. Other than that, Independence really isn't known really for violent crime, you just might have to put up with living next to some very white trash neighbors.
Blue Springs (15-20 miles). If you are looking for a nice suburb, Blue Springs is a great place. In the last several years, the city has really boomed with a lot of new development. It has about everything you would want, but the prices still haven't caught up so you can find some great deals on townhomes and houses, both renting and buying.
Lee's Summit (18-25 miles) is similar to Blue Springs, but a little nicer. It is a great place to live, but prices in some areas are going up.
Raytown . . . just skip it.

South KC
This is going to include the south side of Kansas City, Grandview and Belton.
The south side of KC (10-18 miles) is a pretty big area from 75th street south to Grandview. There areas along State Line road and Wornall are going to be nice. As you go farther east though, it will go down hill. I don't know a whole lot about the areas south of I-435.
Grandview (16-20 miles) is another area I don't know a whole lot about. It is going to be similar to someplace like Liberty, some areas are nice, some not so much.
Belton (20-24) is starting to get a little bit more rural. Given this, most places will be pretty safe and you can find some low prices. But as far as the actual city, I don't know much about it.

Johnson County
If you have lived in KC for more than a week, you will probably hear about Johnson County, commonly refered to as the JoCo bubble. It is the ritziest county of KC and will include Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee, Leawood and Lenexa.
Overland Park (10-25 miles) is the largest suburb of KC. It is also the highest median income of the area and one of the highest in the country. This is where high schoolers drive brand new Mercedes AMGs and Lacross and soccer are the only sports that exhist. It is not unusual to see Lambos and Ferraris cruising the streets. But it still has some of that midwest feel, making it feel like home. It has been consistanlty been ranked in the top ten cities to live by different magazines and websites. Given that, you will pay the price if you want to live here. The north side is going to be the older, more historic part of town, while the south side is where all the new development is. My wife and I have lived here for two years becuase we are both employed here. It is a fantastic place to live. There is literaly anything and everything you could possibly want within a ten minute drive. But we also pay for a two bedroom apartment what we could get a three bedroom townhome with a garage in Blue Springs. If you are the sort of person that likes to live where everything is happening, OP is a great place. Just know you will have to pay a little more (still not that bad compared to the east or west coast).
Olathe (20-27 miles) is going to be a little more blue collar than the OP, but still is a very nice area. Prices are going to be slightly lower, but not enough that I would recommend it over Overland Park.
Lenexa (14-18 miles) is similar to Olathe but with a little bit more of a small town vibe. I have heard it is a great place to live, very homey.
Shawnee (10-15 miles). This is an older area with some new development. You can find some pretty good deals on apartments or townhomes compared to the rest of JoCo and it is a little closer to school.
Leawood (12-18 miles) is primarily single family dwellings. It is an older suburb but very affluent. Where as Overland Park is where the younger, flashy rich people live, Leawood is the area with the people who really put JoCo on the map that have unknown amounts of money.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright, so here is my advice as a Kansas Citian:

CT is the only place I would live that is in the immediate area of the school. If you are not living at CT and want to live close, go to the west of I-70/I-29/71HWY. This will put you into downtown. Pretty much anywhere inside of the downtown loop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_freeway_loop) will be decent, with some places being much nicer than others. Here you will find a lot of lofts and condos. If you go just north of the loop by the river, you will get into the River Market area which is also a nice place. The Crossroads to the south will also be nice. Across the river to the north is going to be commercial/industrial. To the immediate south are areas I would not live.

Within a 5-10 mile drive from school, there are a lot of nice places as well. To the south, there is midtown. This is going to be south of 31st, east of State Line, West of the Blue River, and North of 75th street. The neighboorhoods in this area will vary a lot. Anything east of Troost, don't even consider. It will be primarily project housing and where the majority of violent crime occurs in Kansas City. Neighboorhoods that I would recommend in midtown are Westport, Brookside and Waldo, altough the later two will primarily be single family residences. There is also the Plaza area in midtown, but everything there is overpriced so I would not recommend it for a student.

North Kansas City is just north of the river. There are some nice areas there but I am not as familiar so I don't want to recommend anything specific.

After that, you will start to get into the more suburban areas. Keep in mind, Kansas City metro is very spread out. You can live 20 miles away, but that will only translate into a 20 minute drive non-rush hour so you really can get a little ways away from the city and still have a very reasonable drive.

With that in mind, here are the suburban areas of KC:

The Northland
This is going to include cities such as Parkville, Riverside, Gladstone and Liberty.
Parkville (11-12 miles from KCUMB) is a really nice small town right on the river. Lots of ma and pop stores. There are some multi-million dollar neighboorhoods here. But, it is also home of Park Univeristy (my alma mater) which means you can find some apartments and houses for rent at a reasonable price.
Riverside (9-10 miles) is going to have places for anybody's price range. There will be some real dumps and then there will be luxury condos.
Gladstone (8-12 miles) will be a decent sized suburb that is pretty mid-range. I don't know a whole lot about places to rent here.
Liberty (14-18 miles) is a little larger than Gladstone. A lot of it has gone down hill in recent years but is still not a bad place to live. Personally, I think there are much better places within the same distance and in the same price range though.

Eastside
Independence, Blue Springs, Raytown and Lee's Summit are the main cities to the east.
Independence (4-15 miles) is the largest MO side suburb. In the recent past, it has been known as the Meth capital of the world. In present day, it has had it's lime light stolen by several counties in Tennessee. Although meth lab busts have continued to rise, Tennessee is really stepping it up on their part. But in all seriousness, there are parts of Independence that I wouldn't hesistate to recommend. The area south of I-70, along Lee's Summit road extending a little ways east of 291 HWY is a nice area that is very accessible. North along Lee's Summit road also has some nice places. Other than that, Independence really isn't known really for violent crime, you just might have to put up with living next to some very white trash neighbors.
Blue Springs (15-20 miles). If you are looking for a nice suburb, Blue Springs is a great place. In the last several years, the city has really boomed with a lot of new development. It has about everything you would want, but the prices still haven't caught up so you can find some great deals on townhomes and houses, both renting and buying.
Lee's Summit (18-25 miles) is similar to Blue Springs, but a little nicer. It is a great place to live, but prices in some areas are going up.
Raytown . . . just skip it.

South KC
This is going to include the south side of Kansas City, Grandview and Belton.
The south side of KC (10-18 miles) is a pretty big area from 75th street south to Grandview. There areas along State Line road and Wornall are going to be nice. As you go farther east though, it will go down hill. I don't know a whole lot about the areas south of I-435.
Grandview (16-20 miles) is another area I don't know a whole lot about. It is going to be similar to someplace like Liberty, some areas are nice, some not so much.
Belton (20-24) is starting to get a little bit more rural. Given this, most places will be pretty safe and you can find some low prices. But as far as the actual city, I don't know much about it.

Johnson County
If you have lived in KC for more than a week, you will probably hear about Johnson County, commonly refered to as the JoCo bubble. It is the ritziest county of KC and will include Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee, Leawood and Lenexa.
Overland Park (10-25 miles) is the largest suburb of KC. It is also the highest median income of the area and one of the highest in the country. This is where high schoolers drive brand new Mercedes AMGs and Lacross and soccer are the only sports that exhist. It is not unusual to see Lambos and Ferraris cruising the streets. But it still has some of that midwest feel, making it feel like home. It has been consistanlty been ranked in the top ten cities to live by different magazines and websites. Given that, you will pay the price if you want to live here. The north side is going to be the older, more historic part of town, while the south side is where all the new development is. My wife and I have lived here for two years becuase we are both employed here. It is a fantastic place to live. There is literaly anything and everything you could possibly want within a ten minute drive. But we also pay for a two bedroom apartment what we could get a three bedroom townhome with a garage in Blue Springs. If you are the sort of person that likes to live where everything is happening, OP is a great place. Just know you will have to pay a little more (still not that bad compared to the east or west coast).
Olathe (20-27 miles) is going to be a little more blue collar than the OP, but still is a very nice area. Prices are going to be slightly lower, but not enough that I would recommend it over Overland Park.
Lenexa (14-18 miles) is similar to Olathe but with a little bit more of a small town vibe. I have heard it is a great place to live, very homey.
Shawnee (10-15 miles). This is an older area with some new development. You can find some pretty good deals on apartments or townhomes compared to the rest of JoCo and it is a little closer to school.
Leawood (12-18 miles) is primarily single family dwellings. It is an older suburb but very affluent. Where as Overland Park is where the younger, flashy rich people live, Leawood is the area with the people who really put JoCo on the map that have unknown amounts of money.

THANKS! This is awesome and exactly what I needed to get my housing search going...

Has anyone looked at the market station apartment? They are really nice but kinda expensive (compared to CT)...and if anyone has looked, do they include any utilities?

Those of you living in CT, when r u guys planning to move in? I called CT and they are like we can pick up the apartment keys at any time and dont have to wait till August 1st to move in. I want to move couple of weeks before just to get situated with the place and everything.

How early can u reserve a room at CT? And how early should we if we aren't sure we are gonna live there?

Has anyone looked at the market station apartment? They are really nice but kinda expensive (compared to CT)...and if anyone has looked, do they include any utilities?

I don't know anything about those apartments, but that is a great area. Just a few minutes away from the campus and lots of great restuarants.

Last edited:
I hear you guys; I am excited to start school, but man those fees were a pretty penny of $2k. I think living somewhere near the plaza would be the most ideal, which is where I am looking as a kid that grew up in KC because good food, bars, and plenty of close activities that are within walking or a short taxi/drive

Maybe I'm just impatient, but I'm getting anxious waiting for them to send out our packets. It's like we get all this stuff sent to us before and after interviews, now it is just back to normal. I can only google "things med students need to buy" and build the laptop I want so many times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your nervous? I'm the schmuck checking this and the class thread every few hours!!! Who all is for certain going in the fall? I've already paid and everything, but haven't heard back yet from my state school...also what are people doing for living situations?

Your nervous? I'm the schmuck checking this and the class thread every few hours!!! Who all is for certain going in the fall? I've already paid and everything, but haven't heard back yet from my state school...also what are people doing for living situations?

I must also admit I spend too much time on this website... I'm pretty positive I'm coming in the fall, waiting on one other school. I already put in the application for century towers. I figured it'll be nice and convenient for first year and will allow me to get used to school and meet some people.

I interview for my state school on Jan. 26. It was initially #1 on my list. I was waitlisted last year and didn't make it. Now that I am in at KCUMB, I assume I will get into my state school just to make me have to make a decision. However, I had a much better interview day experience at KCUMB. I would save a LOT of money by going to the state school, but at this point, I am leaning heavily towards KCUMB.

I am in the same exact place you are man....I interviewed back in Oct at my state school and find out about their decision in a month. It's def a weight off by being in at KCUMB and every interaction with the school has been awesome, so it will definitely be a tough decision...($100,000 difference)

I am in the same exact place you are man....I interviewed back in Oct at my state school and find out about their decision in a month. It's def a weight off by being in at KCUMB and every interaction with the school has been awesome, so it will definitely be a tough decision...($100,000 difference)

I would go with the state school. $100,000 is a lot of money! If you don't mind me asking, which state school are you referring to? Perhaps it would be better if you can private message me the response so as not to derail this thread. Thanks!

Is anyone taking genetics online through KSU? If so, can you PM me please.

Does KCUMB have an accepted student day anytime?

"Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything through prayer and petition present your requests to God, and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus"

I am for certain going in the fall. EXCITED :D :thumbup:

Has anyone heard anything about when additional information packets will be sent out?

"Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything through prayer and petition present your requests to God, and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus"

Has anyone heard anything about when additional information packets will be sent out?

Someone on the Facebook page said they received a packet yesterday. I didn't get anything though. I'll let you know if I get something today.

I have very similar plans. Part-time work in the ER, shadowing a trauma surgeon, much RnR, several trips planned. Excited for KC and medical school! Is there a Spacebook group???

What's everyone doing until the fall? And have any packets gone out yet?

Im going to be living in CT. They just seem so convenient and decently priced. Their pet policy is the best I found.

I also just received a packet today from the financial aid office with information on scholarship opportunities and it said that the rest of the financial aid packet will come out in april...

You doing the one bedroom? I'm either going for CT or Market Station, but id need a roommate for the latter...

Ya i'm just doing the 1 bedroom. I liked the market station but they are ridiculously expensive in comparison to CT. I've spoken with the staff at CT and have never had any negative encounters with them. I initially was looking for a more "off campus" apartment but after talking with CT, I just know its really the best option.

It's official, I'll be attending in the fall, just got the bad news from my state school, but really excited about Kansas City!!

Got an email today about matriculation info. Is this all we are going to get? Or is there going to be something coming in the snail mail?

Congrats to those accepted into class of 2016! I am a MSII. I think you will find KCUMB an excellent place to go to school. I live at Century Towers and I am glad I stayed here. You just can't beat waking up at 740am to get to class at 755am. :)

When are people startin to move up to KC?

Got an email today about matriculation info. Is this all we are going to get? Or is there going to be something coming in the snail mail?
As time goes on you will begin to receive more paperwork in the mail. Don't worry once you get an acceptance letter and pay your deposit, just relax and things will be ok! Congrats and I think you will love your experience at KCUMB I know I do!

KCUMB class of 2015

People in this class are quiet!! Where's the centennial love?

I think most people moved their discussions over to facebook page. Does anybody know of good study spots besides the ones on campus?

Well tell all those kids to come back and share the love....not everyone on the planet has Facebook!!

Hey guys- I'm just accepted, looking forward to attending and meeting you all in the fall. Question for those who did not meet the Bio/Genetics requirements, what classes did you end up taking to fulfill them? I'm short 4 bio credits and 3 genetics credits.

Hey guys- I'm just accepted, looking forward to attending and meeting you all in the fall. Question for those who did not meet the Bio/Genetics requirements, what classes did you end up taking to fulfill them? I'm short 4 bio credits and 3 genetics credits.

I am taking an online genetics class, but it is spring semester. To fulfil the genetics requirement you just need to take a 3 hour genetics class (no lab). Sounds like you will either need to take a spring 2 or summer class, which could potentially be difficult to find.

Congrats by the way!

I paid my second $1000 today, looking forward to fall!

Congrats to all of you that have gotten into KCUMB!! It's quite an accomplishment. I am currently a third year student and will graduate May 2013, I have used SDN and other sites all through school to get information and advice. I suggest you all do the same and take some things with a grain of salt, with that said I want to return the favor that others have done for me and encourage you all to ask me any questions that you have about KCUMB. As I probably won't check this forum often, just PM me and if you want to post the question and answer for others to see go right ahead. Enjoy your time before school, try your hardest when you start and good luck to you all!!

Well tell all those kids to come back and share the love....not everyone on the planet has Facebook!!
JUST GOT IN WOOT WOOT! ...and ya no facebook for me yet so fortunately i will rely on more personal forms of confrontation haha

My wife and I are moving out of the house we have been renting for the past 4 yrs to move away for residency. We are helping out landlord find a new tennant as the past two have also been KCUMB students and he has had good experience with them.

2 bedroom recently remodeled.
1 bathroom
Hardwood floors and ceramic tile kitchen and bath.
Kitchen with built in bar, gas stove, all stainless appliances.
Fenced yard and finished deck
Carport
Central Heat and air - all new windows so high efficiency
Pet friendly
5 MINUTE DRIVE TO SCHOOL!

Contact me for more info/pictures

My wife and I are moving out of the house we have been renting for the past 4 yrs to move away for residency. We are helping out landlord find a new tennant as the past two have also been KCUMB students and he has had good experience with them.

2 bedroom recently remodeled.
1 bathroom
Hardwood floors and ceramic tile kitchen and bath.
Kitchen with built in bar, gas stove, all stainless appliances.
Fenced yard and finished deck
Carport
Central Heat and air - all new windows so high efficiency
Pet friendly
5 MINUTE DRIVE TO SCHOOL!

Contact me for more info/pictures

Messaged you about the house.

as far as living nothing beats CT in terms of socializing, waking up 20 min before class, and just being right next to school. PS we have great parties

I'm having problems sizing up the living room space at CT...I know they say it's 10x13 but what about the door and from the other side of the kitchen wall to the opposite side and what about a freight elevator...my couch I'm about to buy is 43 inches deep and 99 in long...any thoughts if it will fit? I'm trying to only have the couch and a coffee table/ottoman and then my tv/entertainment setup

as far as living nothing beats CT in terms of socializing, waking up 20 min before class, and just being right next to school. PS we have great parties

I won't be living at CT, but I'll party there with you. :cool:

Just got accepted! I will be joining you all this fall. I cant wait. I hope there are apartments still open at CT.

Its a 10 hour drive from home so that is going to suck coming out here with my car.