KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is there an applicant status page for this school or do we have to e-mail them? can't seem to find it...

Not sure. I had the same issue. Has anyone received a complete email? I received an email from admissions asking a question about my coursework, and she said once I gave my answer that my application would be complete. I never heard back however...(O-o)a

i emailed them and asked if my login page was supposed to change as it still said I needed to make my payment and it had been weeks. she said it wasn't supposed to change and I was good. thats the closest thing to a complete e-mail that i have gotten (other than the confirmations).

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a physical letter in the mail a couple days ago - it basically thanked me for applying and said why I should choose KCUMB.

Did anyone else have trouble making an account for the secondary? It keeps telling me my name or aacomas is invalid even though I know theyre both not..

I honestly started out forgetting that I applied to kcumb. Now I find myself anxiously awaiting news. I am way excited for kansas city. Hopefully an invite comes soon.

KCUMB generally takes longer than the other schools to send out interview invites for some reason. It's probably because they look at their applications very closely and only send out invites to people who they really would like to have at their school, hence the high acceptance : interview invite ratio. It's well worth the wait, however, and the interview will be well worth it.

So basically, have patience. Good luck!

Interview invite! Just got the email about 15 minutes ago.

I didn't schedule it yet. They have tons of dates available starting in September and going through November.

Interview September 26th! anybody else schedule this date?

Interview invite as well...now I need to take genetics -___-;

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we allowed to make changes/cancellation after we've selected a date for the interview?

I'll be joining you guys on the 15th! :)

I can't seem to find an interview agenda either...

Also, I really should have saved it, but does anyone know how we can see a copy of the secondary we submitted to KCUMB?

Looks like from last years thread that a packet should arrive in the mail prior to our interview...hopefully that will shed some light on the interview schedule.

interview invite! I think i may have to change my SOMA interview for this one though. I am thinking the 26th, but my SOMA one is on the 23rd.

So I called the admissions office today to ask about the interview schedule, and they said that it was posted in the link provided in our e-mail. Still don't see it though...and no mention was made about a packet they send to us.

So last week I recieved a letter of rejection from KCUMB... I am a reapplicant from last year, got my app in late last time but still got interviews (late). But here is the kicker... the rejection letter was sent to my old apartment from undergrad, which is not listed on this year's application whatsoever... Needless to say I am quite pissed because this indicates to me that they didn't look at my application with any considerations. I am thinking of sending a letter to them, with it a copy of this years app with my address highlighted and a copy of the letter they sent with that address highlighted. Lol, I know I'm not the most outstanding applicant (3.2c/3.2s/27Q) but good lord, show just a slight bit of respect and LOOK at my primary.

What hotels will you guys be staying at? I was reading through the 2010-2011 thread and saw that some people stayed at Holiday Inn Express Westport Plaza, anyone staying there?

There is a lot of information in the "Frequently Asked Questions" link in the interview email. When and where to show up for the interview for example.

Last edited:
Just got the secondary app invite today in email, yay. If anyone's getting nervous waiting for theirs, here's my timeline:

AACOM submitted: 7/6
AACOM released: 8/11
Secondary released: 8/18

It took a week for me.

anybody know how long it takes for KCUMB to send out their final decision after one's interview date? curious....

Nice. Are you gonna do the "stay with a KCUMB student," or stay at a hotel?

I think I'm gonna stay at the Westport plaza hotel since it has a shuttle.

I asked to stay with a student but it looks like I'm renting a car... unless the student that contacts me is generous enough to pick me up from the airport!

Nice. Are you gonna do the "stay with a KCUMB student," or stay at a hotel?

I think I'm gonna stay at the Westport plaza hotel since it has a shuttle.

Did KCUMB provide a list of hotels that are close by? Any discount rates? I can't seem to find information anywhere.

I will see both of you on the 19th. Driving in that morning probably. I am about 3 hours away.

See you there.

Did KCUMB provide a list of hotels that are close by? Any discount rates? I can't seem to find information anywhere.

I'm not sure if they gave discounted rates, but they did say that two hotels would provide complementary shuttles to and from the interview. I believe they were the Q hotel (not too sure of the name) and the Holiday inn express Westport plaza. Other than that, they didn't really give any other list of hotels.

I'm going to call them up tomorrow to find out the exact names of the hotels before booking them though.

See you there.

I'm not sure if they gave discounted rates, but they did say that two hotels would provide complementary shuttles to and from the interview. I believe they were the Q hotel (not too sure of the name) and the Holiday inn express Westport plaza. Other than that, they didn't really give any other list of hotels.

I'm going to call them up tomorrow to find out the exact names of the hotels before booking them though.

I recognize those two names so I think I saw them somewhere... Too bad I can't log back in after scheduling an interview. I just called Westport plaza and they don't have a discounted rate :confused:

Q hotel is $94/nt for a standard queen room.

Last edited:
I recognize those two names so I think I saw them somewhere... Too bad I can't log back in after scheduling an interview. I just called Westport plaza and they don't have a discounted rate :confused:

Q hotel is $94/nt for a standard queen room.

If I get an interview invite this week, I'll copy/paste the hotel information when I schedule the interview. :)

So excited to apply here! Did anyone receive an interview without all their letters of rec?

not that I have seen. my LORs were in.

i don't know what it is about this school. when i first filled out my aacomas, i could barely remember I applied here. looking into the school, this has catapulted to my #2 school. I am so pumped for my interview on the 19th.

not that I have seen. my LORs were in.

i don't know what it is about this school. when i first filled out my aacomas, i could barely remember I applied here. looking into the school, this has catapulted to my #2 school. I am so pumped for my interview on the 19th.

Yeah, KCUMB is definitely on my top schools list as well.