KCUMB vs RowanSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCUMB or RowanSOM?

• KCUMB

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • RowanSOM

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

UOENO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Both are established schools and I like what each school has to offer. I spent hours reading the school specific threads on SDN and school websites but still couldn't come up with a clear decision. I don't mind the location of the schools (I am a NJ resident) and feel confident matriculating at either school. I know the decision is ultimately up to me and type of experience I'm looking for but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. So if you guys have anything to say about either school whether good or bad (other than the tuition difference) I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Both are equal, I suppose. I'd pick the cheaper one, which should be Rowan.

Anyone else have any input on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know very little about Rowan. I interviewed at KCUMB and was blown away by how awesome the school was. Great curriculum, great facilities, great reputation. I don't think either one is a bad choice however

Reactions: 1 user
I know very little about Rowan. I interviewed at KCUMB and was blown away by how awesome the school was. Great curriculum, great facilities, great reputation. I don't think either one is a bad choice however
I also loved my interview day at KCUMB which only makes it harder for me to decide on one school..

you're in a great situation buddy. would absolutely die to pick between these two schools. i guess for me id go rowan for nj cost reasons

I'll admit I don't know much about Rowan, but I'd have to think unless you want to leave the area that Rowan is the pick here. Both equally good educational opportunities. Go with the cheaper.

appreciate the feedback.

anyone have a non cost-related preference to attend one school over another?

Both are established schools and I like what each school has to offer. I spent hours reading the school specific threads on SDN and school websites but still couldn't come up with a clear decision. I don't mind the location of the schools (I am a NJ resident) and feel confident matriculating at either school. I know the decision is ultimately up to me and type of experience I'm looking for but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. So if you guys have anything to say about either school whether good or bad (other than the tuition difference) I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance

Rowan, its a state school. I think if you are a NJ resident or apply for residency in NJ you can save some cash. Its Kansas City vs Camden, but Rowan is a nicer part of Camden.

Also, if you're from NJ then it would be better to be closer to your family and friends rather than move away. I think they're both on pretty equal standing so I would say Rowan.

Reactions: 1 user
Rowan isn't in Camden... Camden is about 20 minutes west of here

I think ,i'll admit I don't know much about Rowan, but I'd have to think unless you want to leave the area that Rowan is the pick here. Both equally good educational opportunities. Go with the cheaper.
kc0X8t

Rowan is the old UMDNJ SOM which has a fantastic record in the medical community. We have a great research program, awesome curriculum and all the faculty are nice/helpful. I may be slightly biased here but I would go as far as saying that SOM is one of the top 5 DO schools in America. I know we have the smallest class size, biggest faculty to class size ratio, and our current acceptance rate (told by my professor) is around 3%. What's weird was the admin actually listen to us about classes. We complained that the anatomy lecture was done online and so now, they are trying out class lectures next week for us just to see which one we like the best. I can honestly say I love it here. PM me if you have any more specific questions. If you want to shadow a student for a day, contact Admissions and they will set you up. I hope this aids in your decision.