General Admissions & OTCAS Kean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone heard from keans OT program?

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet either - did you guys get invited to do an interview? I was never invited and I'm assuming they've already held interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did get an interview but I know people who got accepted/denied a month ago..their admissions process is odd

I had an interview the first week of Feb. heard back 3 weeks later with my acceptance. I know they are still holding interviews though!

I was invited for an interview and did it last Thursday, and just got acceptance letter (2 business days after the interview). Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats!! Do you think you will attend there?

Yay! Same with me.. I'm so excited ! Have you taken the intro to OT class yet?

Congrats!! :) nope i havent. But i heard that you can take it online too over the summer!

Yes I just registered for it as a summer 1 !

so i only got an interview last week. there were issues with my app and it took longer to process...I'm getting rly nervous tho bc it seems like most acceptances went out a while ago...anyone know if they're still accepting or only waitlisting? and if they're only waitlisting, does anyone know how long the waitlist is? also does anyone know how many applicants/interviews they did this yr?
thanx!

I got called in for an interview on April 2nd and got notified that I was accepted 4 days later by email. Then I received an official acceptance in the mail a week later. They may still be accepting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to attend also! I can't wait to get to know everyone. I think I'm going to try and take it online over the summer as well.

I got called in for an interview on April 2nd and got notified that I was accepted 4 days later by email. Then I received an official acceptance in the mail a week later. They may still be accepting!
thank you for restoring my hope:)
when i scheduled my interview they had told me that this week the staff will be at the Aota convention so I guess I have to wait until at least next week for an answer...

I'm going to attend also! I can't wait to get to know everyone. I think I'm going to try and take it online over the summer as well.

Yay ! Congrats :) I can't wait to meet everyone also! I got an email a couple weeks ago that they are doing a meet an greet type of thing in June

for those of u who got in would any of u mind giving me ur stats? this waiting period is making me super nervous and I would like to know where I stand in comparison to those who were accepted...thanx in advance!

for those of u who got in would any of u mind giving me ur stats? this waiting period is making me super nervous and I would like to know where I stand in comparison to those who were accepted...thanx in advance!
I have a 3.8 overall and 3.85 pre req , 105 observation hours in 4 settings and a bunch of extra curriculars and I got wait-listed

thanx guys for posting your stats ;-) futureot1234,were u notified that u were waitlisted by mail or email?

Yes I just registered for it as a summer 1 !

The person who interviewed me told me it is offered online during the summer but I don't see it anywhere as an option! I only see the on-campus ones. Do you think that means it's full? Usually they are still listed there but just written at closed.

I saw it as both options before registration an a couple weeks before I saw the online one go away.. So I guess they might of decided to only do the on campus one? I registered for it just incase though

The person who interviewed me told me it is offered online during the summer but I don't see it anywhere as an option! I only see the on-campus ones. Do you think that means it's full? Usually they are still listed there but just written at closed.
I called and they told me that the university got rid of all the online courses for the summer.. so we have to just take the courses. This is throwing my schedule off but what can I do :/

got waitlisted! anyone have any idea how long the waitlist is??

also, does anyone know when the deposits are due for those who have been accepted?

My deposit was due pretty much a week after I got my acceptance. I had to sign up for Intro to OT class and pay the tuition right away too..

Did anyone apply for the Graduate Assistantship? I was wondering if there are still chances of being selected as one...

Yes as soon as I got my letter I had pretty much no time to send my deposit in. Did you register for the MW or the TTH class? I also applied for an assistantship and still have not heard anything about it yet.

uh oh so if everyone sent back their deposits dues that mean that the only chance I have is if someone drops out? I'm thinking I should sign up for intro to ot just in case but I only see it being offered for summer semester I, does anyone know if it will b offered for summer semester II?

I think it's only offered as a summer I ! I would call and ask them your self if you should register and when you should know for sure they are very helpful !

great thanx! I'm so nervous...has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Kean too?!

I was invited for an interview and did it last Thursday, and just got acceptance letter (2 business days after the interview). Good luck to everyone!!

Hey,

I just got accepted to the program :). iI was wondering if you could tell me whats next after the deposit? and when can I start registering for classes? Thanks!