Kent State Acceptances!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jahnke07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:soexcited:Anyone else going to Kent?

KSUCPM-Campus.jpg

I will be attenting Kent State next Fall and just wanted to share the official Class of 2017 facebook page with the forum because it is a great resource for incoming students. If you have decided to be part of the KSUCPM Class of 2017, please feel free to join the Fb group to connect with some of your future classmates as well as to stay up-to-date with the latest information regarding events, housing etc. :love:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/424902604239770/

Members don't see this ad.

:soexcited:Anyone else going to Kent?

KSUCPM-Campus.jpg

I will be attenting Kent State next Fall and just wanted to share the official Class of 2017 facebook page with the forum because it is a great resource for incoming students. If you have decided to be part of the KSUCPM Class of 2017, please feel free to join the Fb group to connect with some of your future classmates as well as to stay up-to-date with the latest information regarding events, housing etc. :love:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/424902604239770/

Congrats on that, how long was it from interview to acceptance. I interviewed Nov 9th and still waiting.

mine was two weeks. call the admissions office for a status update.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted today, need though to find time to make it out AZPOD+western one trip and Temple+NYCPM the next. I liked Kent, but I want to make a truly informed decision by seeing the schools.

Just got accepted today, need though to find time to make it out AZPOD+western one trip and Temple+NYCPM the next. I liked Kent, but I want to make a truly informed decision by seeing the schools.

I'm in the same boat, Kent was the first school I interviewed and I was impressed by the school but then I liked New York too for other reasons. I also interviewed with both Western and CSPM so I have some serious thinking to do, however I only have a week and a half before my seat is cancelled. :scared:

Congrats on the good news man! Good luck with other interviews!

I have an interview on the 14th... Any advice?!

I have a really low score on my MCAT, and they did say that they require an official, acceptable MCAT score before taking final admissions action... Does that mean I will have to wait until I retake my MCAT to know if I got accepted or not.

Most likely, yes you will have to retake it. I know a decent amount of people who were asked to retake it and when they retook it they didn't score high enough and were not allowed to matriculate. Some even waited to interview after they took it the second time to make sure that they were not going to waste money and time to go to KSUCPM to interview just to be told to retake the MCAT.

I have a really low score on my MCAT, and they did say that they require an official, acceptable MCAT score before taking final admissions action... Does that mean I will have to wait until I retake my MCAT to know if I got accepted or not.

How low are we talking about? I saw last years stats and sum1 got in with as low as a 15. Also I had a question. How hard is it to score a 22+ on the MCAT? Like how much of the test do you need to get right or wrong to score at least a 22? Hopefully they don't ask for a retake if sum1 gets a 22 or above since that's their avg.

Last edited:
How low are we talking about? Also I had a question. How hard is it to score a 22+ on the MCAT? Like how much of the test do you need to get right or wrong to score at least a 22?

Not that hard. A 22 is roughly 50% correct answers.

The MCAT is scarey :scared: however,I think everyone looking to enter podiatric med school should try their best on the MCAT. It can very well be an indication as to how well you will perform on your boards etc.

Last edited:

If they said they are going to need an acceptable MCAT, then more than likely you will have to retake it. Idk what your gpa and extra curriculars are, so there's no way of knowing if a awesome interview would prevent a retake. Hopefully it does bc the MCAT was a pain in the butt! If not study hard and you'll be fine.

As for the interview, it's really laid back. Just know why podiatry, why Kent, and have a question or two to ask your interviewer(s). Once the interview is over there are a series of presentations that will give you all the info you need to know about the school. Good luck!

How low are we talking about? I saw last years stats and sum1 got in with as low as a 15. Also I had a question. How hard is it to score a 22+ on the MCAT? Like how much of the test do you need to get right or wrong to score at least a 22? Hopefully they don't ask for a retake if sum1 gets a 22 or above since that's their avg.

I got a 17 on the MCAT (after a month of studying and no practice exams)... My cGPA is 3.5 and sGPA 3.31 . They told me that my sGPA is really high and that I am eligible for a scholarship. I felt that the interview went great, but it's been a week and I still haven't heard back from them...

I am now taking full length practice exams, and it is really helping my score... but I reallllly don't want to take it again!! UGH!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 17 on the MCAT (after a month of studying and no practice exams)... My cGPA is 3.5 and sGPA 3.31 . They told me that my sGPA is really high and that I am eligible for a scholarship. I felt that the interview went great, but it's been a week and I still haven't heard back from them...

I am now taking full length practice exams, and it is really helping my score... but I reallllly don't want to take it again!! UGH!

Hopefully you'll find out today, I find it hard to believe that they would make you wait until after the holiday, in order to know what their #'s are going into the last half of the application cycle. But anything is possible with admission committees, I guess. Good luck and hopefully you hear some good news today!

Scholarship? Eligible does not equal Granted. If I were you, I would be itching to write the MCAT again to get a solid score and 'guarantee' that money. Pod school is expensive, and without a job, even more costly. Any income goes a long way with loans totaling $200K at 5-6% interest.

Buck up, shut up, pull up your socks, bite the bullet and get to work, son!

Go get 'em tiger :highfive:

Scholarship? Eligible does not equal Granted. If I were you, I would be itching to write the MCAT again to get a solid score and 'guarantee' that money. Pod school is expensive, and without a job, even more costly. Any income goes a long way with loans totaling $200K at 5-6% interest.

:thumbup:

that's gonna be my new favorite saying.

Hopefully you'll find out today, I find it hard to believe that they would make you wait until after the holiday, in order to know what their #'s are going into the last half of the application cycle. But anything is possible with admission committees, I guess. Good luck and hopefully you hear some good news today!

I'm so thankful they didn't make me wait until after the holiday! I received my "conditional" acceptance today.

Like ilovefeet said, I am ready to buck up, shut up, pull up my socks, bite the bullet and get to work! Time to get busy! :cool:

I agree!! I want that money!! With my conditional acceptance, I am now more motivated than ever to get an amazing MCAT score. :xf:

I'm so thankful they didn't make me wait until after the holiday! I received my "conditional" acceptance today.

Like ilovefeet said, I am ready to buck up, shut up, pull up my socks, bite the bullet and get to work! Time to get busy! :cool:

Congrats!

Nope...It is a little bit over 60%.

I said roughly.

Besides how the MCAT is exactly scored has always been a mystery. Some speculate that some questions are worth more than others, while others say no. Individuals have contacted AAMC hoping to get a clear answer with no avail.

The point I was trying to make still stands. A 60% is the lowest possible D you can get in college. It shouldn't be that difficult to score higher than a 60 on a test.

to get a 21 you have to score around the 24th percentile or better.

How was the interview process? Open file?

Nope...It is a little bit over 60%.

to get a 21 you have to score around the 24th percentile or better.

Physical/Biological scaled score (from raw score) and percentile

15 = 52 P=99.9
14 = 51-50 P=98.2-99.8
13 = 49-47 P=96.3-98.1
12 = 46-44 P=90.9-96.2
11 = 43-41 P=82-90.8
10 = 40-38 P=70.8-81.9
9 = 37-35 P=58-70
8=34-31 P=43-57.8
7=30-27 P=25-34

Verbal is slightly different, but yeah, a 30/52 (about 60%) will get you a 21.

Attachments

• combined08.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 40
Physical/Biological scaled score (from raw score) and percentile

15 = 52 P=99.9
14 = 51-50 P=98.2-99.8
13 = 49-47 P=96.3-98.1
12 = 46-44 P=90.9-96.2
11 = 43-41 P=82-90.8
10 = 40-38 P=70.8-81.9
9 = 37-35 P=58-70
8=34-31 P=43-57.8
7=30-27 P=25-34

Verbal is slightly different, but yeah, a 30/52 (about 60%) will get you a 21.

when i said 24th percentile, i meant out of all the test takers you would need to score better than roughly 24% of them, (which shouldnt be hard to do if you're an above avg student with an above avg intellect). just wanted to clear that up.

I'm in at Kent State! I put down my deposit last week and am getting going on Financial Aid jazz...I'm pretty stoked, the school seemed legit and all about getting us through successfully!

For those going to Kent State next year, would you mind sharing your stats?

and what were your thoughts on the weather over there?

thanks!!

For those going to Kent State next year, would you mind sharing your stats?

and what were your thoughts on the weather over there?

thanks!!

cgpa: 3.64
sgpa: 3.39
Master Gpa: 3.44
Mcat: 22 o

For the weather, you'll experience all four seasons. Summers can get as high as mid 90s but I would say avg would be upper 80s. Spring and fall are beautiful with blooming flowers and trees in April/May and leaves changing in Sept-Nov. Winters could be butal, usually lasting end of November through March. Being so close to Lake Erie does increase the probability for a lot of snow. Some years are worse then other with amount of snow and how long cold weather lasts (the Indians have played opening day in snow before lol). Sorry for the long response but I'm from an hour outside of Cleveland so I have a lot of experience with weather and a bit partial to it lol.

cgpa: 3.64
sgpa: 3.39
Master Gpa: 3.44
Mcat: 22 o

For the weather, you'll experience all four seasons. Summers can get as high as mid 90s but I would say avg would be upper 80s. Spring and fall are beautiful with blooming flowers and trees in April/May and leaves changing in Sept-Nov. Winters could be butal, usually lasting end of November through March. Being so close to Lake Erie does increase the probability for a lot of snow. Some years are worse then other with amount of snow and how long cold weather lasts (the Indians have played opening day in snow before lol). Sorry for the long response but I'm from an hour outside of Cleveland so I have a lot of experience with weather and a bit partial to it lol.

Hmmm, that's interesting.
I am from southern California so I don't really know what 4 seasons really mean. I can barely handle the "cold" that we have here. Where are you from? Have you experienced winters similar to that of Ohio's?

I was just accepted today :thumbup::thumb up:. I'm planning on sending in my deposit within a week. I just have to break it to my family that I will be leaving Florida, even though I was also accepted to Barry, Kent just felt like the perfect fit for me. Super excited to experience something new! My stats are:

cGPA:3.1
sGPA: 2.96
MCAT: 21M

Although my gpa, esp my science gpa, seem kinda low, my freshman/sophmore year I had a 3.5gpa with a similar sgpa, then my junior year I started struggling due to temporal lobe/ partial complex seizures caused by a brain tumor so my gpa was 2.6 and this was when I took the majority of my science courses. My senior year after I had surgery and was seizure free my gap went back to 3.6 with a 3.4 science gpa. Although I'm not embarrassed by my stats, I just feel like they don't really show my full potential. I'm super excited to meet everyone on here in person in a few months! :D:D

Hmmm, that's interesting.
I am from southern California so I don't really know what 4 seasons really mean. I can barely handle the "cold" that we have here. Where are you from? Have you experienced winters similar to that of Ohio's?

What I meant is you experience all four seasons meaning snow in the winter, cool to warm spring and fall, and sunny warm summers. Each season has its own temp range and climate. I know in other places in the country, like CA, you wouldn't get the winter OH gets. I'm also assuming theres little difference between spring/summer/fall weather in CA, but i have never lived there so I wouldn't know.

Like I said in my previous post I grew up an hour outside of Cleveland so yes I've experienced OH winters, about 22 of them lol. If the cold in CA is hard to handle, it's going to be a shock living in OH. With that said I think Kent is a great school and you should look into it.

I was just accepted today :thumbup::thumb up:. I'm planning on sending in my deposit within a week. I just have to break it to my family that I will be leaving Florida, even though I was also accepted to Barry, Kent just felt like the perfect fit for me. Super excited to experience something new! My stats are:

cGPA:3.1
sGPA: 2.96
MCAT: 21M

Although my gpa, esp my science gpa, seem kinda low, my freshman/sophmore year I had a 3.5gpa with a similar sgpa, then my junior year I started struggling due to temporal lobe/ partial complex seizures caused by a brain tumor so my gpa was 2.6 and this was when I took the majority of my science courses. My senior year after I had surgery and was seizure free my gap went back to 3.6 with a 3.4 science gpa. Although I'm not embarrassed by my stats, I just feel like they don't really show my full potential. I'm super excited to meet everyone on here in person in a few months! :D:D

Congrats man! Been rooting for you and glad to see you in the fall!

I want to apply to kent state for the 2014 august term, I currently have a 3.3 cgpa and 2.85 sgpa. Only reason the science is that low is because of the one F i received in chem 2 my sophomore year. It sucks that it still gets averaged in. What do you guys think the chances are with a 25+ on mcats?

Your chances are really good with such a high MCAT score and good cGPA

Has anyone started apartment searching? I'm looking into the Regency and Dover Farms but I haven't visited any of them yet...hopefully this month I will have time to. Looking forward to meeting all of you in August!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile

Has anyone started apartment searching? I'm looking into the Regency and Dover Farms but I haven't visited any of them yet...hopefully this month I will have time to. Looking forward to meeting all of you in August!

My wife and I satarted looking and like Hampton club in north royalton and the fairway in fairlawn. Both are about 20 min drive from campus which seems to be average for most places studentsl stay at. We have also looked into renting a house so we can get closer to school (that's all independence has) but have had no luck thus far.

No being here in Florida I haven't done much searching, only what was posted on the FB page by Kevin and a few other random apartments. I was hoping to go to the housing fair but have a triathlon the next day, so that's a bummer. If anyone here finds good places it would be great to share them here or FB!

It's getting closer! Only a month and we will all but up in Ohio!