Khan Academy MCAT Videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abn632

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I logged into Khan Academy this morning to get some assistance with my organic chemistry homework and discovered that they now have a section devoted entirely to the MCAT. I don't recall the MCAT section being there two days ago, it appears to be a new section launched this weekend.

Khan Academy is usually where I go to first, even before my textbooks. They've helped me out tremendously for organic chem and gen chem.

(There is a thread from back in April about how AAMC and KA are pairing up to offer MCAT vids, and some members of the forum were going to assist in some way, but the section is official now, so if you assisted, thanks!)

Just wanted to let the community know.....good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I logged into Khan Academy this morning to get some assistance with my organic chemistry homework and discovered that they now have a section devoted entirely to the MCAT. I don't recall the MCAT section being there two days ago, it appears to be a new section launched this weekend.

Khan Academy is usually where I go to first, even before my textbooks. They've helped me out tremendously for organic chem and gen chem.

(There is a thread from back in April about how AAMC and KA are pairing up to offer MCAT vids, and some members of the forum were going to assist in some way, but the section is official now, so if you assisted, thanks!)

Thanks! :)

Looks interesting.

http://www.khanacademy.org/science/mcat-test

Thanks for this! Actually, I was exactly looking for this stuff over the weekend and trying to see if I can watch MCAT relevant videos. I even tried to look at playlists of the specific videos that discuss MCAT topics and you just brought this wonderful news! You are awesome. I hope they will add more videos because the ones they have while great is not enough. Also, I think Salman Khan is a great teacher because I just watched one of his videos where he showed me how the formula for Force of buoyancy is derived (something I have never seen anywhere). People say that is not required info for MCAT and I agree. But there is something surreal about seeing formulas and concepts at foundational level and it makes you feel like you know better. Nonetheless, this supplementary stuff is great and it is free!

Members don't see this ad :)
What does everyone think of the passages' difficulty level on Khan Academy? Is it comparable to the real-thing?

Hi Victoriah, I only made a cursory look at the videos (I am planning on using videos to cement my conceptual understanding and knowledge base). However, have not done the passages yet and I am not sure how much those passages will be helpful. I would think that BR or other sources might be helpful (in addition to the AAMC FL and SA). But give it a try and see if you like Khan Academy passages (I will also try further down the line).

Awwww man!!! This would have been so helpful 4 months ago!!! You lucky ducks who get to study with this resource... That's so awesome though :)

What does everyone think of the passages' difficulty level on Khan Academy? Is it comparable to the real-thing?
Just took a look at some of them...don't have answer to your questions,,,but this should be really interesting for future mcat related revision. I have been a KA fin for some time...i love this idea.

Did anyone do the whole Khan Academy MCAT series, and if so, how long do you estimate it took? I'm trying to come up with a many months plan and would love to know this. I'm also going to use the EK series and maybe some Kaplan books thrown in for extra practice.